+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fraud Marriage Investigation

penzi

Apr 11, 2014
HI All,

I married and sponsor my wife to Canada and she left me 75 days after landing in Canada and now that I obtained divorce from her based on Fraud and I also informed CIC about the fraud and I got letter from CIC and they take my interview and I provided them enough evidence that her intentions was only to immigrate to Canada only not to live with me at all. Its been 1 year since my interview and I did not heard anything back from CIC so far.

If anybody please let me know is this a good sign or CIC just allow her live in Canada without telling me anything.

I really appreciate the help friends.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
do you know if she is still in canada? i believe there is a rule about her needing to live with you for 2 years to remain in good standing. personally, i would keep reporting her to immigration and border control to get her out! Sorry for what she's done.

penzi

Apr 11, 2014
Thx for reply friend. She is still in Canada and actually come few months before 2 years condition comes into effect but she come under 5 year sponsorship ban.

I report to CBSA and they refer the case to CIC and since its 1 year when CIC took my and her interview and like I said since then I did not herd anything back from CIC.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
penzi said:
Thx for reply friend. She is still in Canada and actually come few months before 2 years condition comes into effect but she come under 5 year sponsorship ban.

I report to CBSA and they refer the case to CIC and since its 1 year when CIC took my and her interview and like I said since then I did not herd anything back from CIC.
CIC and CBSA don't necessary have the means to investigate much further. You have done your part - reporting her to CIC and CBSA - and because of that, IF she tries to sponsor somebody else (even after the 5 years), it will be more difficult for her. I'm not sure you will ever get a report back from CIC - the only thing you can do is hope that she doesn't go on welfare in the next 1.5 years (since I suppose she landed about 1.5 years ago and you are responsible for her for 3 years because of the sponsorship) so you don't have to pay anything back to the government...

Since you are now divorced and you have reported all the facts, the best thing to do is probably to move on - I'm sorry that you were used, and I hope you can put that behind you and keep on living. There is not much else you can do.
Best of luck,
Sweden

penzi

Apr 11, 2014
@ Sweden,

Thx for Info. she was working fulltime and try to get the welfare and I informed Ontario works with all the evidence that she quit her job to get welfare and they stop her welfare and advice her to search for work and she is working now. So she is also black listed in Ontario works welfare dept as well and I also send this information to CIC and CBSA in Sworn Affidavit.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
You've done everything you could, and her case is probably well documented. It will protect you in the future as you won't have to pay back welfare (unless she needs it), and once the 3 years of sponsorship is over for you, you won't even have to have contact with her at all - it's hard that you were used to get entry to Canada, but it's the past now, and you've taken the measures to minimize the consequences on your life - nothing else to do.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Sweden has said it all...so sorry you went through this. Please note that both CIC and CBSA will not share information about her with you for privacy reasons. So even if she ends up being deported, they won't tell you.

M

mikeymyke

Sorry about your ex, but I'm really happy to see you were able to stop her from going on welfare.

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penzi said:
HI All,

I married and sponsor my wife to Canada and she left me 75 days after landing in Canada and now that I obtained divorce from her based on Fraud and I also informed CIC about the fraud and I got letter from CIC and they take my interview and I provided them enough evidence that her intentions was only to immigrate to Canada only not to live with me at all. Its been 1 year since my interview and I did not heard anything back from CIC so far.

If anybody please let me know is this a good sign or CIC just allow her live in Canada without telling me anything.

I really appreciate the help friends.
sorry to hear that youre being used by this fraud , but good things you reported her , don't get yourself sick about her , one day somebody else will do same thing to her KARMA, I do believe on this , just pray and move on , yes maybe she not there now and deported . this things like she do gives hard ship on those on legit married , just next time be more careful and don't rush , one day you will find the right girl for you the one will stay with you even in sickness, but now you have to move and pray and be happy .. have a bless day friend ..praying for you ;) ;) ;) ;)

penzi

Apr 11, 2014
Thx you all members for giving me right advice..... :) :) :)

I think I did my job by providing well over 100pages of documentation in form of sworn affidavits and evidence to CIC and CBSA and rest its all up to CIC what to do and regarding welfare I also make myself very clear to CIC and Ontario works what ever welfare she collected by fraudulent ways they recover from her because there is no such condition in my sponsorship agreement that sponsor is responsible for returning welfare money even if it is obtain by fraudulent ways and I am glad they stop her welfare and did not contact me after that, its been a year now and my sponsorship agreement finished by end of this year.

I think we sometime have to fight with system and take strong action to protect himself from blind "Sponsorship Agreements"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
penzi said:
I think we sometime have to fight with system and take strong action to protect himself from blind "Sponsorship Agreements"
CIC has already introduced conditional sponsorship to address this.

M

mikeymyke

So what are you planning to do in the future? Find a soulmate in Canada or will you try to find someone abroad again?

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penzi said:
Of course in Canada....I dnt want to be a victim again.
good to hear you have good plan in your future ,,

always smile one day shell be knocking on your door the one you waiting for so long, the one will stay with you even in sickness and health .. ;) ;)

praying for all of us

always wear a big smile ;) ;) :p :p :p :-*

M

mikeymyke

penzi said:
Of course in Canada....I dnt want to be a victim again.
You know what? It's not the end of the world because Canada has many people of diverse backgrounds, you're sure to find someone compatible to your culture, values, religion, etc. And if you marry someone in Canada, at least you know they're not doing it for PR, that will help ease your mind a little.

Keep your head high and best of luck to you friend.