+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fraud Marriage Investigation

ashley100

Apr 25, 2014
Hi all
Does anyone know how long it takes for an investigation to commence after reporting it to cbsa.My husband got his pr card in august 2013 and came to canada in november 2013 and left right from the airport in Vancouver, and my application was submitted in 2011 november before the new rule took in effect Oct 25 2012. I found out where he is and where he works and have proof now and evidence that his intentions were just for a PR card and submitted it all to cbsa in Jan 5 2014,the case was accepted and transffered to vancouver,much help would be appreciated :(
Thank you

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
ashley100 said:
Hi all
Does anyone know how long it takes for an investigation to commence after reporting it to cbsa.My husband got his pr card in august 2013 and came to canada in november 2013 and left right from the airport in Vancouver, and my application was submitted in 2011 november before the new rule took in effect Oct 25 2012. I found out where he is and where he works and have proof now and evidence that his intentions were just for a PR card and submitted it all to cbsa in Jan 5 2014,the case was accepted and transffered to vancouver,much help would be appreciated :(
Thank you
omg ! That's horrible , I hope you get help, don't give up , keep pushing till you achieve good result

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ashley100 said:
Hi all
Thank you
You evidence needs to be very very strong and explicit to be able to get CIC to revoke his PR. You need some evidence of him explicitly admitting that it was purely a marriage of convenience to get a PR. Otherwise there is little CIC can do in your case.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yup! And even if they do, they won't necessarily be keeping you apprised of their investigation.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
ashley100 said:
Hi all
Thank you
Unless you can show some serious misrespresentation, i dont think they are going to care. If he starts going on welfare you can write the welfare people, accuse him of welfare fraud. it may work and may get him to stop collecting. Otherwise, if he isnt collecting welfare, then he isnt really effecting you anyway. Is he? So its not your business anymore. Get a divorce and hope he doesn't take what he is entitled too in the settlement.

I wish i could have sympathy for you, but its people like you who make life difficult for the true honest cases. So I think I will save my sympathy for the true honest cases who are having a rough time right now.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
with all the cuts on jobs everywhere, I doubt if any investigations are done and rarely is anyone deported specially in marriage fraud.
Nobody seems to care once they land here.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
steerpike said:
I wish i could have sympathy for you, but its people like you who make life difficult for the true honest cases. So I think I will save my sympathy for the true honest cases who are having a rough time right now.
completely unnecessary statement! you don't know this person or the situation they were put in. stop judging others and reflecting your frustrations and anger for your own circumstances on other people. Unbelievable. this process is tough on everyone. what would happen to you if your spouse made you believe your relationship was true and as soon as they landed, they ran away? Noone knows the true story here. only what the OP wrote. obviously this sponsored person did a good enough job to convince CIC the relationship was valid. Who are you to be so nasty to someone you haven't even met when CIC couldn't even detect this was a marriage of fraud!?!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
completely unnecessary statement! you don't know this person or the situation they were put in. stop judging others and reflecting your frustrations and anger for your own circumstances on other people. Unbelievable. this process is tough on everyone. what would happen to you if your spouse made you believe your relationship was true and as soon as they landed, they ran away? Noone knows the true story here. only what the OP wrote. obviously this sponsored person did a good enough job to convince CIC the relationship was valid. Who are you to be so nasty to someone you haven't even met when CIC couldn't even detect this was a marriage of fraud!?!?
I agree...quite unnecessary vitriol in a forum where it's already hard to be positive!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
alicia13 said:
I agree...quite unnecessary vitriol in a forum where it's already hard to be positive!
i would encourage all who read steerpike's statement, and other abusive posts to report him to the moderator. we are on this forum to get and receive support, not to be bullied, threatened or harassed. disgusting!

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
completely unnecessary statement! you don't know this person or the situation they were put in. stop judging others and reflecting your frustrations and anger for your own circumstances on other people. Unbelievable. this process is tough on everyone. what would happen to you if your spouse made you believe your relationship was true and as soon as they landed, they ran away? Noone knows the true story here. only what the OP wrote. obviously this sponsored person did a good enough job to convince CIC the relationship was valid. Who are you to be so nasty to someone you haven't even met when CIC couldn't even detect this was a marriage of fraud!?!
+1 for you. :)

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
completely unnecessary statement! you don't know this person or the situation they were put in. stop judging others and reflecting your frustrations and anger for your own circumstances on other people. Unbelievable. this process is tough on everyone. what would happen to you if your spouse made you believe your relationship was true and as soon as they landed, they ran away?
Impossible. Because of people like the OP my spouse is punished with Condition 51.

rhcohen2014 said:
Noone knows the true story here. only what the OP wrote. obviously this sponsored person did a good enough job to convince CIC the relationship was valid. Who are you to be so nasty to someone you haven't even met when CIC couldn't even detect this was a marriage of fraud!?!
I didn't say anything nasty, i am just reserving my sympathy for people who are suffering. And many people are suffering because of the actions of people like the OP.

The OP is not being harmed. She can go on with her life like nothing every happened. In fact, she appears to be getting off easy, not even giving her husband what he is entitled to get in a divorce settlement.

But OP isnt happy getting off scott-free. That's not good enough for her. She wants other people to pay. She wants other people to suffer.

Sorry, im not interested in helping her attain her goals. If that makes me a bad man, then so be it.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
MofC2014 said:
+1 for you. :)
+ 2 for you him too, the poster didn't do anything wrong by sponsoring someone he or she loved and got married to, the blame should go for the runaway lover.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
i would encourage all who read steerpike's statement, and other abusive posts to report him to the moderator. we are on this forum to get and receive support, not to be bullied, threatened or harassed. disgusting!
Whatever. I contribute to this forum and answer peoples questions daily. The OP contributes nothing, and only seeks to harm other people. He/she post was asking about how she can get her ex deported. And i'm a bad guy for not helping her? This forum is for helping immigrants, not for helping jilted lovers get revenge.

I havent "bullied, threatened or harrassed" anyone. But your attempt to get everyone to raise their pitchforks against me could certainly be seen as such.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
steerpike said:
Whatever. I contribute to this forum and answer peoples questions daily. The OP contributes nothing, and only seeks to harm other people. He/she post was asking about how she can get her ex deported. And i'm a bad guy for not helping her? This forum is for helping immigrants, not for helping jilted lovers get revenge.

I havent "bullied, threatened or harrassed" anyone. But your attempt to get everyone to raise their pitchforks against me could certainly be seen as such.
honestly I do not understand you at all . You expect people to move on like nothing ever happened when their spouses disappear at the airport? The bad guys need to be reported and deported . So I think it ok if people come here trying to find out how to go about that . The op did nothing wrong to deserve this

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
steerpike said:
Whatever. I contribute to this forum and answer peoples questions daily.
um who cares. where does it say you have to post a certain amount of time in order to receive VALID support from the community? Who cares you contribute daily. for the most part your contribution is completely negative. which is so interesting considering YOU HAVE ALREADY LANDED and most of us are currently going through the process.

steerpike said:
The OP contributes nothing, and only seeks to harm other people.
see point A, and how do you know what her intentions are? from MY point of view she was scammed and now wants the scammer to pay. Who wouldn't want that after all the financial and emotional strain?

steerpike said:
whatever steerpike. if someone would compare YOUR posts to mine, they will certainly see it differently. You are certainly a bully, and your response is proof of that.

Reactions: ALM123