Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anne55 said:
Hi bakerfrench,

Just a piece of advice, I would suggest you to start working on it at least 3-4 months before your work permit expires specially when you need to apply for LMO first as they've been taking time to approve an LMO nowadays. Just a suggestion to prevent a rush like what happened to my friend who just started everything a month before her work permit expires and I'm telling you she had a hard time.

For now just relax and enjoy the summer! Good luck on your future application! ;)

Cheers!

Anne55

Thank you anne55! I will start to work on it in this July.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
you're welcome bakerfrench!

All the best! ;)

Anne55

bakerfrench said:
Thank you anne55! I will start to work on it in this July.

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
JoyceLam said:
Hi, seven.
I don't have a link for it. I called CIC Call Centre. They sent me an E-mail.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

As a live-in caregiver, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver (LCG) program for less than four years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Social Development Canada when applying to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.
Hi there, i was reading your letter and i cant get it, why have you been working for more than 32 years with the same family? Havent you apply for PR yet? and if you did, why do you need a LMO if you are a Permanent resident? or have you been waiting for your open permit all along?
My work permit will expire on november 2011 and after 4 months i will be able to apply for PR so i wonder, after i have worked 24 months i can apply for PR, right? and then in the meantime do i have to still work for this fily or i can go to my country and wait for my OWP? mmm can anyone help me with this? I really would like to go away when i finish my 2 years because im so sad working as a nanny! And how long does it take to get an OWP? it comes first right?
I will appreciatte your help!
Thanks!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Hi, there....
Just called the CIC.
I renewed my WP online on April 18, 2011.
The agent said that my WP has been approved on June 10, 2011.
I will receive it after Postal workers strike.

Thanks for everyone here to share the information. :)

MsOptimistic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoyceLam said:
Hi, there....
Just called the CIC.
I renewed my WP online on April 18, 2011.
The agent said that my WP has been approved on June 10, 2011.
I will receive it after Postal workers strike.

Thanks for everyone here to share the information. :)
Same here JoyceLam. I applied online last April 18, 2011 and I received my New WP last June 28, 2011 dated June 9, 2011.
Expiration date is July 25, 2012..

To God be the GLORY! Cheers! ;-)

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@joycelam CIC is very annoying! how come my friend apply wp extension online same employer last april 16 and only upload passport. And now she receive a letter that she did not include the contract and lmo etc. Her wp expired already May 5 2011. Do you think shes out of status already. Does she need restoration? Thanks

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
MsOptimistic said:
Same here JoyceLam. I applied online last April 18, 2011 and I received my New WP last June 28, 2011 dated June 9, 2011.
Expiration date is July 25, 2012..

To God be the GLORY! Cheers! ;-)
I am still waiting. Haven't received it yet... Coz the strike...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
wsongco said:
@ joycelam CIC is very annoying! how come my friend apply wp extension online same employer last april 16 and only upload passport. And now she receive a letter that she did not include the contract and lmo etc. Her wp expired already May 5 2011. Do you think shes out of status already. Does she need restoration? Thanks
if ur friend has submitted her PR & OWP application, she is fine. otherwise she is out of status.
My friend apply online, only upload her passport and got approved.
I don't get it... how come ur friend's got refused?
for status restore, she needs a LMO, and $300

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
@ joycelam CIC is very annoying! how come my friend apply wp extension online same employer last april 16 and only upload passport. And now she receive a letter that she did not include the contract and lmo etc. Her wp expired already May 5 2011. Do you think shes out of status already. Does she need restoration? Thanks
Hi. I was in the same situation with your friend. I applied online and I only uploaded the passport copy. I have made several attempt with CIC in clarifying the said issue. CIC Call Center told me that I should have uploaded also the job offer/contract aside from the passport in one single file (least than 2MB to be sure), while some others say that I don't need to since the system never asked for it. I received confusing and sometimes misleading advise from them. Anyways, since I only uploaded the passport copy, I received a refusal letter. I contacted the call center immediately, though I dont have the hard copy of the letter that time, I knew about the decision by calling them almost everyday. Because of that, an agent presented herself that she will be making a communication to CIC Vegreville on my behalf. She informed me that she asked CIC-V to review my application because of the "technical issue" (this is in regards to the documents were supposed to upload along with the app). CIC-V usually replies in 30 days once the request for review is sent, but be informed that the review may or may not be in our favor, it will really depends on the officer who will review the application. I was advised to call CIC after 30 days! But I call them almost every week. After almost 2 weeks there was no update yet, a good officer sent another request to CIC-V. They said that the first letter was acknowledged. BTW, they can make request only after 30 days, but in my case, they were able to do it in less than 1 week. Anyways to make it short, an officer from CIC-V called me requesting for the documents so I did immediately. Once they contacted you, asked how urgent it is. In my case I was given 48 hours to send the requested document thru fax. The next day, I received another call from the same officer who called me and was informed that the documents has been received and that the first decision rendered is revised and that a new work permit is going to be issued.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
kcire said:
Hi. I was in the same situation with your friend. I applied online and I only uploaded the passport copy(...) . Anyways to make it short, an officer from CIC-V called me requesting for the documents so I did immediately. Once they contacted you, asked how urgent it is. In my case I was given 48 hours to send the requested document thru fax. The next day, I received another call from the same officer who called me and was informed that the documents has been received and that the first decision rendered is revised and that a new work permit is going to be issued.
WOW Congrats that's a great news!

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kcire: whew, good thing you still got it. Same issue as yours, CIC call centre gives me different responses all the time. I was worried too that they didn't asked for anything else, except my passport. So the next call I make, I made sure that that's the ONLY thing I need to attached online. Luckily, I didn't have the experience you encountered since mine was approved after a month or two of waiting.

tintin0823

Jul 17, 2011
hello. I want to apply online. Do i need the application form? Or only photocopy of passport fee receipt and contract? What if my new work permit came after my work permit expired, is it still ok? Thanks

pvra_prasad

Apr 8, 2011
Hi SurenderJeet,

I am looking for IT job in Alberta. Please send me the details of the positions.

pvra_prasad@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Prasad.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
kcire said:
Hi. I was in the same situation with your friend. I applied online and I only uploaded the passport copy. I have made several attempt with CIC in clarifying the said issue. CIC Call Center told me that I should have uploaded also the job offer/contract aside from the passport in one single file (least than 2MB to be sure), while some others say that I don't need to since the system never asked for it. I received confusing and sometimes misleading advise from them. Anyways, since I only uploaded the passport copy, I received a refusal letter. I contacted the call center immediately, though I dont have the hard copy of the letter that time, I knew about the decision by calling them almost everyday. Because of that, an agent presented herself that she will be making a communication to CIC Vegreville on my behalf. She informed me that she asked CIC-V to review my application because of the "technical issue" (this is in regards to the documents were supposed to upload along with the app). CIC-V usually replies in 30 days once the request for review is sent, but be informed that the review may or may not be in our favor, it will really depends on the officer who will review the application. I was advised to call CIC after 30 days! But I call them almost every week. After almost 2 weeks there was no update yet, a good officer sent another request to CIC-V. They said that the first letter was acknowledged. BTW, they can make request only after 30 days, but in my case, they were able to do it in less than 1 week. Anyways to make it short, an officer from CIC-V called me requesting for the documents so I did immediately. Once they contacted you, asked how urgent it is. In my case I was given 48 hours to send the requested document thru fax. The next day, I received another call from the same officer who called me and was informed that the documents has been received and that the first decision rendered is revised and that a new work permit is going to be issued.
Wow .....congrats.........finally you nmade it. I had applied for extention of WP,what i have done is i attached passport copy,LMO and job offer in a single file and recieved WP last week.