+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!!!

Does anyone of you had tried applying work permit extension online? If you're one please help me...I really had difficulty in uploading my documents. I mean, I need to upload 5 scanned pages of my passport and I have to put them together in only one file..Wooh, I really don't know how to do it. I have tried it already but really only one page is uploaded.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi - I had no problems, but I only uploaded one page for my passport... Forgive me, but I don't know why you need 5 pages...?

I converted all my documents into PDF before uploading... smaller file size.

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello...you wondered why i need to submit 5 pages of my passport? well, it's because when i click the help button, this is what i've read:

Copy of Passport
Include copies of the pages with your photo, name, date of birth, citizenship, passport number, issue and expiry date, and all entries made by Canadian authorities.

If applicable, also include a copy of the page that shows your Temporary Resident Visa.

Besides, I just renewed my passport and my dates of entry to Canada were there..3 pages (with photo, entries and TRV) from my old passport and 2 pages (with photo and trv) from my new one. I'm just following the instruction though!!!

anyway, since you've tried it already can i just ask you how long you've waited for it? I submitted my online application just a while ago.

my work permit will expire on the 30th of november this year..do i have enough time to wait?

looking forward for your answer....God bless

bp

Jun 25, 2010
Make sure that there is limit for size of your file. You may want to reduce the size by opening the pdf file (you need acrobat writer) and print it to another pdf document. That reduces the size significantly.

Hope this is helpful!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shangi said:
hello...you wondered why i need to submit 5 pages of my passport? well, it's because when i click the help button, this is what i've read:

OK, got ya. Most of those are "not applicable" for me, so that's why just one page for me.

anyway, since you've tried it already can i just ask you how long you've waited for it? I submitted my online application just a while ago.

Na, I applied last spring. It took just less than 2 months.

my work permit will expire on the 30th of november this year..do i have enough time to wait?

I should think you would receive it by then, but you will be on "implied status" if you don't...

I guess you found a way to upload those documents after all?

lenc

Nov 8, 2010
hi,

i am about to do the same but i am confused because in the online application for work permit extension (same employer), the system only requires me to attach the file of my scanned passport details but not anymore the new contract with my employer.
whereas if you submit or mail in the paper forms to vegreville, they require a copy of the new contract for extension.

if i apply online, would they require me to submit the new contract at a later date? did you guys have to do that or no need anymore?

i hope somebody can give me a feedback on this. thanks so much!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
convert it into 1 document file as pdf. that will include your (passport page, TRV page, WP page, new LMO(if the old one expired), new employment contract, Job Letter offer of employment and etc.)

Good luck! I just did last monday without new LMO. Though my LMO application is still on process since we're waiting for the 14-day ads thru job bank. I hope CIC will accept my application for extension of WP under LCP same employer.

lenc said:
hi,

i am about to do the same but i am confused because in the online application for work permit extension (same employer), the system only requires me to attach the file of my scanned passport details but not anymore the new contract with my employer.
whereas if you submit or mail in the paper forms to vegreville, they require a copy of the new contract for extension.

if i apply online, would they require me to submit the new contract at a later date? did you guys have to do that or no need anymore?

i hope somebody can give me a feedback on this. thanks so much!

lenc

Nov 8, 2010
thanks honeysweetie! =)

for your case, you mentioned you'll be with the same employer under the LCP, so why do you need a new positive LMO?
as far as i know, if you'll be extending with the same employer, you dont need a new LMO.

let's update this thread when you hear from them again or when you you already receive your new work permit extension okay? =)

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI lenc,

That's what I first knew, and read some posts and responses of my questions that worries me a lot that no need for a new positive LMO. But because my employer phoned CIC last nov 2, 2010 saying that my employer will need to apply for new LMO since my 2 year contract and 2 year LMO will be expired on January 12, 2011 (that's the expiry of my Temporary Resident Visa and Work Permit under Live-in Caregiver). Too bad I'm not qualified yet for PR application (just on my 22nd month full time LCP).

I will keep you posted.

lenc said:
thanks honeysweetie! =)

for your case, you mentioned you'll be with the same employer under the LCP, so why do you need a new positive LMO?
as far as i know, if you'll be extending with the same employer, you dont need a new LMO.

let's update this thread when you hear from them again or when you you already receive your new work permit extension okay? =)

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OH, my God! I've applied for a extension of work permit on line on Sep. under LCP, and I wasn't required for anything else but a passport page. Now according to the cic processing time:53 days, my work permit will be issued in a few days, if i got lucky.

I didn't call cic, but I have read a file from cic, and according to it, I don't need a new LMO for same employer under LCP. And otherwise, the online application would have reminded me, at least it asked me if I was a live-in caregiver, and if i will be working for the same employer. And then the checklist came out with only the passport.

To be safe, I even tried to choose a different option, if I worked for a different employer, then it cames with a new checklist with a LMO.

So, I think I am good. We will see in a couple of days. God bless me! I am so close to apply for my PR, don't want to mess it up with this .

lenc

Nov 8, 2010
hi xtalj,

i know what you mean! it really required the passport pages only.
pls let us know when you receive your new work permit if there was no problem.

but i also did what honeysweetie advised, to include the existing WP and new contract offer, along with the passport pages.

but since you've already submitted yours in september, i guess if they needed more documents, they would email you to let you know. i hope also that everything's ok for you. God bless!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Lenc. And I think you did it right.

I just received my reject letter for my e-application, because I didn't submit the contract, they didn't mention anything about the LMO. I blame the designer of the e-application for it, it they have had asked me for it on the checklist, I would have provided it. Now I have to reapply it and pay another CAD150.00. The good thing is I still have time to reapply it before my status expires.

I just don't know if I can apply on line again. since I have been rejected, do I have to apply in paper? Anybody can help me with this? Thanks in advance!

marlongarz

Feb 7, 2011
HI, Lenc,

How was your application? I just submitted my WP extension online and I just sent the copy of my passport. Should I know that the copy of contract is needed, I would have submitted that as well.

Pls, I need your voice to this.
Thank you!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi marlongarz,

If you just applied two weeks ago and on the transmitted page on your MYCIC page (try to click the "view checklist") and if the date therein is not overdue yet on the area REQUIRED DATE, I bet you can change the one you did upload. You can then include the passport page, entry page, LMO if applicable, contract of employment, Job Offer letter, marriage certificate if any and so on but try to convert your file using ACROBAT READER to reduce it not more than 2MB which is their required file size.

I got my WP extension same employer under LCP through mail/post last Jan 7, 2011. I did applied online last Nov. 14, 2010 and the date issued on my WP extension is December 30, 2010.

Goodluck!

marlongarz said:
HI, Lenc,

How was your application? I just submitted my WP extension online and I just sent the copy of my passport. Should I know that the copy of contract is needed, I would have submitted that as well.

Pls, I need your voice to this.
Thank you!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and if your file is still too big try to upload the other documents in the FEE RECEIPT or IMM5401 (make sure convert it in one filename not exceeding 2MB including the said receipt. In my case I got 18 pages. I did upload the Letter of my Employer and the 7-pages contract of employment in the Fee Receipt and the other docs I did include/upload in the passport section (passport page, WP page, entry page, TRV page, marriage certificate and some letters informing them that I just got married but my passport is not renewed yet into my married name).

Again good luck.

honeysweetie said:
Hi marlongarz,

If you just applied two weeks ago and on the transmitted page on your MYCIC page (try to click the "view checklist") and if the date therein is not overdue yet on the area REQUIRED DATE, I bet you can change the one you did upload. You can then include the passport page, entry page, LMO if applicable, contract of employment, Job Offer letter, marriage certificate if any and so on but try to convert your file using ACROBAT READER to reduce it not more than 2MB which is their required file size.

I got my WP extension same employer under LCP through mail/post last Jan 7, 2011. I did applied online last Nov. 14, 2010 and the date issued on my WP extension is December 30, 2010.

Goodluck!