+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^Exactly the same thing that the agent told me, when they need extra docs they will just email and inform me. I haven't heard from them since then and on the 2nd week of May I rcvd my permit.

Also checked the timeline from time to time, to make sure if they're working on your case already.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

hope this helps. ;)

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine17 said:
^Exactly the same thing that the agent told me, when they need extra docs they will just email and inform me. I haven't heard from them since then and on the 2nd week of May I rcvd my permit.

Also checked the timeline from time to time, to make sure if they're working on your case already.

hope this helps. ;)
How many days it took for your app to be processed? I'm always checking it, I count the days as to when it may be available and ask the C.I.C as well and I'm waiting for it. Let say you reach the timeline of your app to be processed, can I call C.I.C to know if it is approve? One more thing, when you received a letter from C.I.C, is that the date your expecting to hear from your app?

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wasn't expecting it yet, as per their website when I checked they were only processing until March 4, 2011 but I send my application by March 13. Nonetheless, I rcvd it at that time, a bit earlier than what is indicated on the website.. Goodluck you'll get yours soon.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine17 said:
I wasn't expecting it yet, as per their website when I checked they were only processing until March 4, 2011 but I send my application by March 13. Nonetheless, I rcvd it at that time, a bit earlier than what is indicated on the website.. Goodluck you'll get yours soon.
Thank you! I keep my fingers-crossed and fervently praying for it! Thanks for the encouragement.

Danna

May 2, 2011
maine17 said:
hey,honey did you already recevied you new work permit?

seven

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
24-02-2010
Med's Request
16-10-2011
Med's Done....
16-10-2011
Passport Req..
22-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
07-March-2012
maine17 said:
^Yes, I already did, last May 10th.
Hi maine17,
I am also trying to extend my workpermit throuh online, but it is asking for LMO document.

I am working with the same employer and need an extension. I wonder how LMO is not required in your case and is reqired in my case. Can you please let us know what options you have selected in the application.??

Thanks,
seven

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi seven,

Those who are under live-in caregiver program which have been working with the same employer for 2 years doesn't need a new LMO but as far as I know, with all other jobs, you need to get a new LMO before processing work permit extension.
I can be wrong, seniors can add up...

Good luck! ;)

Anne55

seven said:
Hi maine17,
I am also trying to extend my workpermit throuh online, but it is asking for LMO document.

I am working with the same employer and need an extension. I wonder how LMO is not required in your case and is reqired in my case. Can you please let us know what options you have selected in the application.??

Thanks,
seven

seven

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
24-02-2010
Med's Request
16-10-2011
Med's Done....
16-10-2011
Passport Req..
22-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
07-March-2012
Thanks anne55 for your update!.

anne55 said:
Hi seven,

Those who are under live-in caregiver program which have been working with the same employer for 2 years doesn't need a new LMO but as far as I know, with all other jobs, you need to get a new LMO before processing work permit extension.
I can be wrong, seniors can add up...

Good luck! ;)

Anne55

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My work permit will be expired in December 2011. I will apply for the extension online as well. Thanks for all the useful information provided here!

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi bakerfrench,

Just a piece of advice, I would suggest you to start working on it at least 3-4 months before your work permit expires specially when you need to apply for LMO first as they've been taking time to approve an LMO nowadays. Just a suggestion to prevent a rush like what happened to my friend who just started everything a month before her work permit expires and I'm telling you she had a hard time.

For now just relax and enjoy the summer! Good luck on your future application! ;)

Cheers!

Anne55

bakerfrench said:
My work permit will be expired in December 2011. I will apply for the extension online as well. Thanks for all the useful information provided here!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
seven said:
Hi maine17,

Thanks,
seven
I sent my application online on April, 2011.with the same employer.
I am still waiting for it.
I haven't been asked for the LMO.
I called CIC to confirm, I was told if I have been undered LCP over 4 years, then I need to provide LMO to renew the workpermit..
I wondered how long have you been here?

seven

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
24-02-2010
Med's Request
16-10-2011
Med's Done....
16-10-2011
Passport Req..
22-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
07-March-2012
Hi JoyceLam,

I am working for this employer since Nov 2009,during that time we do not requiire LMO.

I am not sure about " LCP over 4 years". What is that mean?? Can you please give me some link to read about that.

Thanks,
seven

JoyceLam said:
I sent my application online on April, 2011.with the same employer.
I am still waiting for it.
I haven't been asked for the LMO.
I called CIC to confirm, I was told if I have been undered LCP over 4 years, then I need to provide LMO to renew the workpermit..
I wondered how long have you been here?

magnesium

Jun 15, 2011
hello, has anyone here has been approved, I wonder where did they sent the approval since we're having a post strike, will it be going to sent online or trough post?

i haven't yet provide any marriage contract, because I don't know where to place that, the website just ask for 3 documents, passport, lmo and job offer.

and has anyone here know how to change or modify the documents we uploaded, i cant see any button in there..
i kinda sent wrong documents, i send just a passport alone instead of sending a pdf with passport wp and entry date..
i am so worried..

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
seven said:
Hi JoyceLam,

I am working for this employer since Nov 2009,during that time we do not requiire LMO.

I am not sure about " LCP over 4 years". What is that mean?? Can you please give me some link to read about that.

Thanks,
seven
Hi, seven.
I don't have a link for it. I called CIC Call Centre. They sent me an E-mail.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

As a live-in caregiver, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver (LCG) program for less than four years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Social Development Canada when applying to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need to get:

a letter from the employer stating that you will continue to be employed on a full-time basis for an additional period of time;
a copy of a new, or extended, si gned employment contract; and
for live-in caregivers working in the province of Quebec , a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communauté s c ulturelles.

However, if you have participated in the LCG program for four years, and have already accumulated the minimum required hours of employment to apply for Permanent Residence, and you would like to extend your stay as a worker in Canada, you will need a new LMO to apply for a work permit, even if you are staying with the same employer.

Once you have the necessary documents, you can apply for an exten si on of your Work Permit through the Case Proces si ng Centre in Vegreville, Alberta. This application is available on our Web si te. You can complete the application on-line and print it or print it and fill it out by hand.

The Internet links below will provide you with more detailed information:

Description: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Description: Application fees
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Description: Processing Times: Temporary Residence
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Description: Sample Contract
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/sample-contract.asp

Description: The Live-in Caregiver Program
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

Description: Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
Address: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp