Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
MsOptimistic said:
Same as mine JoyceLam. Let us please update each other. Thank you so much.

Best of luck! ;-)
That's nice,MsOptimistic. I'll keep updating.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have been nominated by provincial government and my PG work permit is going to expire in july 2011and i want to apply for extension of work permit online because processing time for work permit extension with the same employer is less than paper application. but when i tried to apply for Extension of work permit online there was not any option for uploading my APPROVAL LETTER BY the provincial government. and there was not any option for uploading my ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS. IT HAS ONLY OPTION FOR PASSPORT PAGES AND EMPLOYER LETTER. i need work permit very much.. tell me what do i do....i request you all for help.. thanks.

Danna

May 2, 2011
maine17 said:
Thanks anne55, I was worried that they just asked for my passport in the document checklist part and called them up just to make sure I'am getting it right, good thing they've verified that they dont need any other docs since I'm renewing under the same employer.
hey,there,
I would liketo ask you something about the online application,when I was sending the document online,honestly to say I just like you did send all the documents that it asked,such as passport number and photo and the visa ........I did not upload the contract .besides I still work for the same employer,so as you said if we work for the same employer which that mean we don't need upload the contract ,is that what you mean?
because I heard a friend said usually they need the new contract if the old one alreay out of date,and the CIC usually will send a email to us,tell us what should we do, if you can tell me some more information that will be great.really appilcate
looking for you reply
thank u

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, I called CIC before to make sure I don't miss any docs since there is no option that states I should also upload the contract etc. They told me that since its under the same employer usually its just the passport that they would want to see, and even told me that if they need additional documents they would surely send me an email about the matter (which in my case they didn't even ask for any).

wished

Nov 20, 2010
Extension of Work Permit- Application

hello!

my working permit under live in caregiver will expire on july 11,2011 i want to apply for the extension for the same employer, but i dont know how to start and what are the things to do.

pls can anyone help me in this matter? thank you.

Danna

May 2, 2011
hey,there
hoping the information can help u,first of all u can choose online apply or send paper apply.I used the online apply.you can use the CRA'S account (if you don't have one,apply one first)
secondly when you use the online apply,there will be have some documents you need write down,such an you name ,passport kind of something about you ,not very hard,just be careful
good luck.
if you can made it that will be great,waiting for your good news
bless u

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi you might want to check this link..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-extend.asp

if you apply online its faster but you need printer credit card etc..but if by paper its 4-5 months..so you should apply before july 11 or 30 days before your wp expires.

goodluck

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Hai ...i am going to apply for the work permit extension. I have job offer and LMO. In the online application only asking for passport copy. What i am planning is to send all the copies (passport,job offer and LMo ) in one file. Is that the right decisition or should i do some other way (don't know how,may be paper). My wp expires in july 2011
Pls advice

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^Hi ane, you have 2 options to send your application (either online or by paper), in my case I chose online because the process is faster unlike when you send it thru snail mail which takes approximately 4months. when I send my docs online, I just attached my passport because that's the only requirement listed on the document checklist though I'm a little hesitant at first since they do not ask for anymore docs (like contract, LMO etc), I just made sure that they got what they needed so I contacted their call center and they said that they saw tha passport and if they needed any additional documents from me they will just email me. Luckily they didn't asked me for anything anymore. By the way this is the timeline for my application: March 13- documents transmitted online, May 10-- got my new work permit.

Hope this helps.. :)

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi danna.

i also applied to renew my work permit online under the same employer. it is indeed true that they only ask for the scanned copy of passport, nothing more. the online app did not ask for the copy of the job offer or the contract. i called CIC call center several times to confirm this. they said that it is a known "glitch"/technical problem on their part. are they going to notify you through your myCIC account if they need additional information/documents? well, according to the confirmation i got from them say like that. Applied /Transmitted my online application on april 19, 2011.

is there anyone in this forum who is in the same boat like me?

Danna

May 2, 2011
thank you so much
honestly I have not received any E-Maill from CIC,I did call them to double check if I need add any documents for apply the wp
they said the same thing with you ,for me I am so worried if I did something not right might be effect my apply,because I saw and heard some people said something about the refuse apply the wp so you know....
anyway thank you for you helping I really appreciate.keep tourch
by the way i sent my apply on 1 may 2011,a little bit later than yours
good luck for us

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I phoned CIC call center again today for the nth time. Same questions i asked them regarding this matter with online application. I told them that it is only the passport copy they're asking. Just to make sure that it is really the passport copy they're asking, i made another account and answered the questions being asked. Then comes the documentation to be subbmitted. It only asked for the passport copy. I asked them how can i upload other docents like job offer or the contract knowing that this is 7 pages. CIC agent told me that CIC-V will motify you for the additional documents and on how to upload them. They said that it is a technical problem on their part. I asked them if i will be penalized for not submitting other documentation. CICagent told me tht i will not. They advised me to wait and check for notification in myCIC. I transmitted my app april 19 and expecting to hear from them on June 16. I asked them also whether i am the only one experiencing this kind of problem and i was told that i am not. They saud that they are aware of this glitch and that it is not our fault. But then again i cannot just rest my mind kust like that. Im thinking of submitting another app, will waiting for the first one to come. I dont mind paying another bucks. But the thing is how can i upload other documents if its not being asked? How can i upload those 7-8 pages if the online app is accepting documents in one file only at 2MB? My Lord and my God, help us all!...

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine17 said:
^Hi ane, you have 2 options to send your application (either online or by paper), in my case I chose online because the process is faster unlike when you send it thru snail mail which takes approximately 4months. when I send my docs online, I just attached my passport because that's the only requirement listed on the document checklist though I'm a little hesitant at first since they do not ask for anymore docs (like contract, LMO etc), I just made sure that they got what they needed so I contacted their call center and they said that they saw tha passport and if they needed any additional documents from me they will just email me. Luckily they didn't asked me for anything anymore. By the way this is the timeline for my application: March 13- documents transmitted online, May 10-- got my new work permit. congrats you have ur wp! did CIC notified you for such or you just received your new WP? Hopefully we will get our WP too.

Hope this helps.. :)

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I rcvd my work permit thru mail. No additional documents were asked just the passport pages that I send on my initial application.

I sure hope you'll get yours soon too. Don't send it twice, you maybe wasting your money, Just make sure you contact them and have them checked if they can view your passport (I made sure its in the correct PDF format) and that's it. Goodluck!

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine17 said:
I rcvd my work permit thru mail. No additional documents were asked just the passport pages that I send on my initial application.
How did you know that your application was approved already? Or you get to know it when the letter comes? I, too, only uploaded the passport copy which is being asked in the online application. I hope it will get approved too, like yours.

I sure hope you'll get yours soon too. Don't send it twice, you maybe wasting your money, Just make sure you contact them and have them checked if they can view your passport (I made sure its in the correct PDF format) and that's it. Goodluck!
Thank you, hopefully and I'm praying for that. I called CIC just this afternoon. The agent says she saw the uploaded passport. She said that if information/document is needed, CIC will notify me and will give instructions on how to submit the requested info if any. I cannot just rest my mind until I have my work permit in my hand!or now, I take this up all to heavens and GOD willing, it will be approve.