Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Good news today, it looks like I will get an extension to stay at my condo through the end of July, such a huge break for us. Now if we could just get the news, our families could celebrate before I have to fly back to Texas...

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
muffy1 said:
lalune....we did the same thing and it definitely delayed our processing! Anyway, have you sent an email to the VO to confirm that they received everything? I would do that and see if it "sparks" anything.
We can't contact them... We have an attorney, so they won't speak to us... We had our MP look into it though, and it is confirmed that they received everything...

MP said I should hear something by the end of August.

Cbshk48

May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-28-2013
AOR Received.
6-17-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014
Hi Ivan, could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Meds done: May 10
App Receieved: May 28
Office: Ottawa

Thanks! Wishing everyone a speedy process :)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
MY COPR ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! Except it arrived in Cleveland.....and I'm in Ontario :( CPP-O had all my updated information....and we were just in Cleveland last weekend! I guess it's one last laugh before this process is over!! A last minute trip and more time with my family.....I'll take it!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers to everyone that is still waiting!

texancanadian

Feb 6, 2013
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
muffy1 said:
MY COPR ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! Except it arrived in Cleveland.....and I'm in Ontario :( CPP-O had all my updated information....and we were just in Cleveland last weekend! I guess it's one last laugh before this process is over!! A last minute trip and more time with my family.....I'll take it!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers to everyone that is still waiting!
congrats!! Its about time!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
Congratulations! Are you going to visit Cleveland again or have it couriered to you and do a flagpole/local landing?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
Hahahaha...my thoughts exactly!! Thank you so very much!!
Hats off for your visa!

And I updated the spreadsheet - your application added 6 days to the average processing time on the spreadsheet. Hats back on, for CIC!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Cbshk48 said:
Hi Ivan, could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Meds done: May 10
App Receieved: May 28
Office: Ottawa

Thanks! Wishing everyone a speedy process :)
You're added - good luck!

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
My husband landed today via the Douglas/Peach Arch crossing! We're very relieved that it's all over now.

We encountered a minor glitch when we (or rather I) decided that because the line into the US was kind of long, maybe we could just turn around and go back to Canada (there was a spot where you could turn around and return via the Canadian border. No dice, the border guard made us go back to the US and 'get the flagpole paper' When we got to the US border officer, he was super nice and explained he couldn't deny entry to a US citizen (my husband) so the best he could do was send us into secondary and they could stamp his passport with today's date, but that was it. He was also nice enough to send us to a line that was very short rather than the main lineup (which was very long!). The officer inside was also helpful -- I wish I could have said the same about the Canadian border officers. The second time we went through the Canadian border, the border officer didn't seem to even care he'd had his passport stamped. (Time spent in lineups - 1 hour.)

As luck would have it, we got the same officer who originally told us to 'go back and get the flagpole paper' for my husband's landing. She was a bit nicer once we were inside, but no 'Welcome to Canada' once everything was signed and completed - she was all business. She did mention the important things (go to Service Canada to get your SIN, your PR card will arrive in 5-6 weeks, you must be in Canada 2 out of 5 years to maintain your PR, although any time spent abroad with your wife counts). We had filled out the B4A form to import his car later, and she informed us this was the wrong form and she would fill out the correct form for us.

Anyway, we're glad the process is now over -- thank you to all the helpful people on this forum! I wish you all the best.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tavora said:
We encountered a minor glitch when we (or rather I) decided that because the line into the US was kind of long, maybe we could just turn around and go back to Canada (there was a spot where you could turn around and return via the Canadian border. No dice, the border guard made us go back to the US and 'get the flagpole paper' When we got to the US border officer, he was super nice and explained he couldn't deny entry to a US citizen (my husband) so the best he could do was send us into secondary and they could stamp his passport with today's date, but that was it. He was also nice enough to send us to a line that was very short rather than the main lineup (which was very long!). The officer inside was also helpful -- I wish I could have said the same about the Canadian border officers. The second time we went through the Canadian border, the border officer didn't seem to even care he'd had his passport stamped. (Time spent in lineups - 1 hour.)
I had a friend who landed several years back and ran into exactly the same thing - they made him go back to the US side to get his passport stamped. I'd known about that issue (and the fact CBP cannot refuse entry to a US Citizen) so I got my passport stamped up front. And of course with the budget cuts in the US the lines at the border are longer (though you'd think the fact the trip to Seattle is longer with part of I-5 closed would discourage more people).

I'm glad to know that this oddity about having a US entry stamp in your passport still applies.

tavora said:
As luck would have it, we got the same officer who originally told us to 'go back and get the flagpole paper' for my husband's landing. She was a bit nicer once we were inside, but no 'Welcome to Canada' once everything was signed and completed - she was all business. She did mention the important things (go to Service Canada to get your SIN, your PR card will arrive in 5-6 weeks, you must be in Canada 2 out of 5 years to maintain your PR, although any time spent abroad with your wife counts). We had filled out the B4A form to import his car later, and she informed us this was the wrong form and she would fill out the correct form for us.
I had no problems getting a permanent SIN (I landed on a Saturday and picked it up the following Monday morning). It took 15 minutes or so, with about a 5 minute wait.

Right - you need one B4 form. The B4A is a continuation page for the B4 (so the B4 has all your detailed information, and B4A is for listing the stuff that won't fit on the B4 form).

Congratulations! Douglas is a really nice office to land at now that it's been completely rebuilt.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
computergeek said:
I had no problems getting a permanent SIN (I landed on a Saturday and picked it up the following Monday morning). It took 15 minutes or so, with about a 5 minute wait.

Congratulations! Douglas is a really nice office to land at now that it's been completely rebuilt.
Good to know. I guess the thing that surprised me the most about the whole landing procedure was that the officers we encountered on the American side were much nicer/friendlier. Maybe it was just coincidence.

Thanks, computergeek! You've been a great help to us and many others on the forum.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
IvanP said:
Congratulations! Are you going to visit Cleveland again or have it couriered to you and do a flagpole/local landing?
Thanks so much IvanP!! It kind of worked out well, actually. We are not having it courriered. Neighbors of ours from Cleveland were actually traveling to see their family here in Ontario, who happen to live a few streets away from us and they offered to bring the COPR to me :) So, I will be landing tomorrow. Working on the B4a form now :) Any update at all on your file?