Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lalune117 said:
I spoke with the MP's office today. They said that they have checked into my file and that it is "in queue for final review", and that I should hear something by the end of August.
Seriously? CIC really isn't giving your MP the time of day, either, are they?

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
IvanP said:
Seriously? CIC really isn't giving your MP the time of day, either, are they?
Apparently. *sigh*
My attorney said that maybe the fact that the MP looked at it will expedite things a little...
I'm not too hopeful.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Unfortunately, it's my understanding that MP's inquiring on our files typically does not expedite things. But, I hope that that is not in fact typical and that it will help your case! I can only tell you, from my experience, our MP made a call to inquire about something on our file. I didn't hear a peep on our file until 13 months later. :mad:

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
lalune117 said:
I spoke with the MP's office today. They said that they have checked into my file and that it is "in queue for final review", and that I should hear something by the end of August.
The end of AUGUST?! They can't be serious with that kind of answer. :eek:

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
Shylox said:
The end of AUGUST?! They can't be serious with that kind of answer. :eek:
Unfortunately, it seems they are.

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
Congratulations on the new updates guys!
I hope that things will continue to move as smoothly as possible and am very grateful for this site,as it helped me through many times of anxiety,knowing that I wasn't alone in my journey.
Human contact is the best way to help us through our life roads and nowadays we have so little of it!!
I am grateful for this site!!

November 26,2013 I became an official permanent resident!We went through took 17 min in total,and we celebrated with a photo overlooking the niagara! Ps. a phone camera nearing evening is not the best way to go!!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
libellula said:
I hope that things will continue to move as smoothly as possible and am very grateful for this site,as it helped me through many times of anxiety,knowing that I wasn't alone in my journey.
Human contact is the best way to help us through our life roads and nowadays we have so little of it!!

November 26,2013 I became an official permanent resident!We went through took 17 min in total,and we celebrated with a photo overlooking the niagara! Ps. a phone camera nearing evening is not the best way to go!!
Time travel!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
libellula said:

I put you down for May 26 on the spreadsheet... 8) 8) Congratulations!

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
IvanP said:
Time travel!

LOL.....not too excited eh ;)

Congratulations :)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Even though we found out on Monday, ecas finally changed to DECISION MADE today! It's still so very exciting to read that! I'm still waiting on my COPR and hoping it gets here soon!!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
Even though we found out on Monday, ecas finally changed to DECISION MADE today! It's still so very exciting to read that! I'm still waiting on my COPR and hoping it gets here soon!!
Congratulations! Must be a great feeling to be so close to the end after such an incredibly long wait - since October 2011. Wow.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
IvanP said:
Congratulations! Must be a great feeling to be so close to the end after such an incredibly long wait - since October 2011. Wow.
Thank you very much, IvanP!! I really appreciate that! I can finally release a sigh of relief! I know there are others going through this process that have been waiting much longer but it's still a stressful process nonetheless! Ours was a simple, straight forward case, no previous marriages, no children, US & CA citizens. What originally delayed things was that we did not include the RPRF (last time I listen to Hubby ;) ), then our first police clearance certificate was "lost in the mail" and then our original VO, Buffalo, went through the closure so we were told that delayed things 8 - 12 months. Then, due to Buffalo's closure, our meds expired so we had to have those redone! Uggghhhh. That was just my luck, though. However, I would do it all over again if I had to in order to be with the one that I love!! I will tell you, though, that once I received confirmation that CPP-Ottawa received our meds, I kept emailing and emailing them since, at that point, they've got everything they need. So, I feel as though that might have helped.

Ivan, may I ask, are you currently waiting this out in Canada or what country are you located in, if you don't mind me asking? Your day will come soon....any day now....and when it does it will be like all the anger and frustration from this whole process will just leave your body and you will do nothing but concentrate on the future and not look back. At least that's how I feel right now, anyway. It's still kind of surreal, though I imagine it will be even more so once I actually have the COPR in hand. So, technically, until that piece of paper is in my hand anything can still happen ;)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
Ivan, may I ask, are you currently waiting this out in Canada or what country are you located in, if you don't mind me asking? Your day will come soon....any day now....and when it does it will be like all the anger and frustration from this whole process will just leave your body and you will do nothing but concentrate on the future and not look back. At least that's how I feel right now, anyway. It's still kind of surreal, though I imagine it will be even more so once I actually have the COPR in hand. So, technically, until that piece of paper is in my hand anything can still happen ;)
We (me, wife and our two kids) are all together here in the US (Philadelphia), and I am very grateful that we're not in different countries. We've got a place rented in Montreal and if we need to we can move and then do a flagpole for the family to land (they are all US citizens so visa-exempt), but the delay after PPR is making it really hard to search for work, plan our move, register kids for school, etc. and it's just plain stressful to have an unexpected delay. Oh well - I know we'll get there eventually.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
IvanP said:
We (me, wife and our two kids) are all together here in the US (Philadelphia), and I am very grateful that we're not in different countries. We've got a place rented in Montreal and if we need to we can move and then do a flagpole for the family to land (they are all US citizens so visa-exempt), but the delay after PPR is making it really hard to search for work, plan our move, register kids for school, etc. and it's just plain stressful to have an unexpected delay. Oh well - I know we'll get there eventually.
PHILADELPHIA?!?! Hubby and I are IN LOVE with the city! We went there for a Flyers game, front row, and I fell in love with hockey from that point on!! What a beautiful city!! Your day will come and it will come soon! But I can certainly understand your frustrations! At least, for the time being, Hubby and I only have ourselves to worry about (and in-laws) but no children.....yet :) So, I can imagine.

We received PPR on May 14th and we were planning a trip back to Ohio to visit my family this past last weekend of May. I waiting until May 21st or 22nd and sent an email stating something along the lines of "I received my PPR on ____ and you have received scanned images, as requested. What is the average processing time from PPR to issuance of COPR. We are planning a trip on ______ and were hoping we might have COPR in hand and land on way back into Canada. We have been in process since ________. Your consideration is greatly appreciated"

I know this sounds crazy, but my thinking is that sending this email helped- even a little bit. The next day (Thursday) I noticed that my Canadian address showed up in ecas. Friday we went out of town....Monday crossed back into Canada. I stopped at the Imm. office inside and one of the friendly officers there notified me that I was already approved and COPR was in the mail. It could be coincidence, sure. I can't see any officer "going out of their way" to appease any of us applicants. However, it could be that their review of the email pointed out that they had everything they needed, all I was waiting for was COPR, why not complete this application sooner than later and get it "off the table". I don't know. Sometimes, there's no rhyme or reason. Perhaps, you can try doing something similar.

Anyway, I'm sure yours will come any day now, as well! Just keep staying positive and thinking "Any day now"....I, too, did that for the last year and somehow I survived :) Please do keep us posted and let us know as soon as you hear something so we can all do a happy dance with you :)

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Ivan, please, when you have some time, add me to the spreadsheet as well. We sent it on May 24th and they received it (as per tracking number) on May 27th.

Thank you!

Thaliada