Upfront
Passport Req..
Nov. 10
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 18
LANDED..........
Nov. 23
lalicatter said:
Thanks, fingers and toes and pretty much everything crossed, lol. Whoever got her file must have been having a great day!

And yeah, I figured the 'lol' was for that reason. It really seems it's up to the officer on the file. I'm beginning to wonder if officers are assigned in batches per week. Whoever got the last week of May/first week of June either really likes vacation, has a ton of files, or is very careful with their approvals! We really hope to hear good news soon.

That said I realize Ottawa is 'fast' compared to other VOs so we are lucky. I just hope everything is okay.

The FBI wait time is really crazy now... but so is the wait for marriage certificates in Ontario (took 16 weeks).

Based on the spreadsheet it looked like 'most' (at least those participating in the sheet) were submitting without the FBI. They gave us an incredible 90 days to respond with the FBI, so it's obviously still a problem. Thankfully ours came in the week after the document request, but sending it in ASAP didn't seem to make a difference.

Well, back to hoping... At least it's Friday. 8)
Just a quick (maybe silly) question:
Are you requested to submit your Police Certificate? From Canada or back home country?
I'm asking this as I have submitted my police certificate from only my back home country NOT Canada even though I have been living in Canada on study permit since 4 years ago.

Thanks!

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
goldman_64 said:
Just a quick (maybe silly) question:
Are you requested to submit your Police Certificate? From Canada or back home country?
I'm asking this as I have submitted my police certificate from only my back home country NOT Canada even though I have been living in Canada on study permit since 4 years ago.

Thanks!
You need to provide a police certificate for any country that you have resided in for 6 months or more after the age of 18 EXCEPT for Canada... so no you do not need to provide a Canadian PCC. If they need it they will request it.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
Does anyone know how long it takes for Ottawa to correct a COPR and send it back?

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
Amalthea said:
They never even received her corrected FBI check (she included a letter of explanation and a letter of dismissal from the court, her original FBI check did not show the dismissal).
By dismissal, do you mean she had an arrest and the charge was dismissed but the arrest still showed up on the FBI check? Because I had the same thing and I'm hoping it doesn't hurt my chances even though the case was dismissed and charges dropped. I sent all of the info on case dismissed that I had. I've been to Canada many times and am here now so clearly I'm not inadmissible, I just hope the case officer with my application feels the same way. Would love to hear it didn't affect her!