+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Work Permit

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
notsodarkblue said:
Hey!

I didn't apply online, I applied my mail. And here are the instructions I followed:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Good luck!
hi
thanks for your response
part of the instruction is the form that you have to fill in and my question was regarding that form Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710 (PDF, 465.41 KB

it asks, if you are applying for a new employer or the same employer
what was your answer?
and how long did it take for paper application?
thanks again

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
hi
thanks for your response
part of the instruction is the form that you have to fill in and my question was regarding that form Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710 (PDF, 465.41 KB

it asks, if you are applying for a new employer or the same employer
what was your answer?
and how long did it take for paper application?
thanks again
Hey, Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

I chose "same employer" BUT I did not provide proof of employment!

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
hey
good :) how long did it take?
btw I just spoke with your lawyer
I explained my situation, she said you cna pnly get a closed workpermit :( :eek: I told her she helped you and you ahd the same situation she said she doesnt want to talk about this over the phone and if I want I have to see her
this is a bit wierd ???

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
hey
good :) how long did it take?
btw I just spoke with your lawyer
I explained my situation, she said you cna pnly get a closed workpermit :( :eek: I told her she helped you and you ahd the same situation she said she doesnt want to talk about this over the phone and if I want I have to see her
this is a bit wierd ???
Did you mention to her that you had an AOR? that's so weird :/

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
notsodarkblue said:
Did you mention to her that you had an AOR? that's so weird :/
i Did
just to clarify AOR is the email saying that we recieved your file right?
I dont have anything saying its been approved or accepted
anyhow im gonna send it online
I did the questionnaire and it says you can apply open workpermit, I called cic today again they still telling me no you can not ???

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
i Did
just to clarify AOR is the email saying that we recieved your file right?
I dont have anything saying its been approved or accepted
anyhow im gonna send it online
I did the questionnaire and it says you can apply open workpermit, I called cic today again they still telling me no you can not ???
Yes, the AOR is the email saying that immigration canada has received your file and that confirms your application for permanent residency...not that you've been approved...just that they've started working on your file. im not sure that you can apply to an open work permit if you don't have an AOR....

As for the call center, I don't even know what to tell you about them. I've dealt with them many times and I have received many different view points regarding my situation...Still give it chance and go see the lawyer if youre in montreal, she's worth it!

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
notsodarkblue said:
Yes, the AOR is the email saying that immigration canada has received your file and that confirms your application for permanent residency...not that you've been approved...just that they've started working on your file. im not sure that you can apply to an open work permit if you don't have an AOR....

As for the call center, I don't even know what to tell you about them. I've dealt with them many times and I have received many different view points regarding my situation...Still give it chance and go see the lawyer if youre in montreal, she's worth it!
i try, honestly I dont have much time I need to send my application
did she send your application or you did it on your own?

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
i try, honestly I dont have much time I need to send my application
did she send your application or you did it on your own?
I did everything myself :)

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
wow, how long did it take for papaer application?
5 months :(

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
notsodarkblue said:
btw, did you add any letter or anythings to your documents to explain why you are applying open workpermit and not job-specific

would you please check documents you sent;
were there:
copy of passport
AOR letter
CSQ
form •Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker IMM 5710]
payment of 100+150
digital photo
did you send abything else?
job confirmation?
also in section, what type of workpermit you ae applying
did you put open workpermit or sth else?
thank you so much for responding me, honestly I can not check this with anyone else but with who actually got it
all the people in quebec that I know and where on post graduate workpermit and working too they got a closed jobspecificwork permit. as my employer is not willing to do it, Im risking my file :(

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
sh2017 said:
btw, did you add any letter or anythings to your documents to explain why you are applying open workpermit and not job-specific

were there:
copy of passport -- YES
AOR letter -- YES (Inluded i addition docs I gues as mentioned in CIC website)
CSQ -- YES
form •Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker IMM 5710]
payment of 100+150 -- YES
digital photo -- YES

did you send abything else? -- NO
job confirmation? -- NO
did you put open workpermit or sth else? -- OPEN WORK PERMIT

thank you so much for responding me, honestly I can not check this with anyone else but with who actually got it
all the people in quebec that I know and where on post graduate workpermit and working too they got a closed jobspecificwork permit. as my employer is not willing to do it, Im risking my file :(

By the way, I got open work permit .So i can work any where in Canada, just the way as my PGWP

Even I risked it, Because i don't have any other option.

Good luck, Please post your experience, as I didn't get much information for Quebec Bridge WP cases. may be it will be useful someone else.

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
sylendrabilla said:
sh2017 said:

were there:
copy of passport -- YES
AOR letter -- YES (Inluded i addition docs I gues as mentioned in CIC website)
CSQ -- YES
payment of 100+150 -- YES
digital photo -- YES

did you send abything else? -- NO
job confirmation? -- NO
did you put open workpermit or sth else? -- OPEN WORK PERMIT

By the way, I got open work permit .So i can work any where in Canada, just the way as my PGWP

Even I risked it, Because i don't have any other option.

Good luck, Please post your experience, as I didn't get much information for Quebec Bridge WP cases. may be it will be useful someone else.
thnak you for your response
you are right
we should do this

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:

were there:
copy of passport
AOR letter
CSQ
payment of 100+150
digital photo
did you send abything else?
job confirmation?
did you put open workpermit or sth else?
Hey, I didn't send pictures, job confirmation...i put open work permit and added something referencing the bridging work permit. i applied by mail because i wanted to benefit from the implied status in case anything went wrong...so even if you get rejected, you have some time to prepare for it...

i know exactly how you feel...my situation was even more complicated because i lived in quebec, but i worked in ontario (ottawa/gatineau region)...My employer couldn't sponsor me if he wanted to..and I thought it was ridiculous to get a LMIA, since my permanent residency would be approved in a year max...

it was so sad, every time I called the call center, they told me that i had to find a job in quebec because those were the conditions for my qsw...it's hard to find a job in this country, so I thought it was unfair to get penalized because i lived in that area. I suspect that it was helped my case....

To answer your other question, I didn't write a letter...i honestly sent it and hoped for the best. b