+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Work Permit

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
sylendrabilla said:
I just given, what i did, even I'm not even 100% sure whether i'm doing correct or not at that point.

i think any way You will attach the CSQ right, so i think its doesn't matter.

Choice is yours ;)
haha sorry that wasnt for you :) thnaks for your replys though

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
sylendrabilla said:
Hi,

After modifying to YES for the following question , I got following required docs

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

I'm not sure 100 % about this, whether I answered correct but the required docs and fee seems correct

Passport (required)

Digital photo (required)

Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ) (required)

And according to CIC for BOWP , we need to pay

Work Permit + Open Work Permit Holder Fee ( 155 + 100).

I got the same to pay the fees. based on that I assume answered right .

Hope it helps us.

Thanks
Hi Sylendra
just reading old notes here, did you say yes here?
im confused
which one of these explained your situation
where you applying under spousal?

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
URGENT ! My Bridge Work permit application got refused :eek:

Hi guys,

My OWP expires in 9 days and I had applied for Bridge Work Permit application a month ago, but today I got a notification in my CIC account saying the application has been refused :(

Can someone please help me ? I am working in Montreal at the moment..

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

This is what is written in the refusal letter:

To be eligible for an LMIA exempt work permit for CSQ holders currently in Quebec, the following parameters must be met:
 The foreign national must currently reside in Quebec,
 Must have valid status on a WP
 Must have a valid CSQ
 Must be seeking extension with current employer, or to renew the work authorization with a new employer in Quebec.
Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to someone helping me out.

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
sh2017 said:
Hi Sylendra
just reading old notes here, did you say yes here?
im confused
which one of these explained your situation
where you applying under spousal?
Hello,

According to my profile this is valid for me

I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry;

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi Everyone,

After facing a Work Permit Extension refusal, I consulted with a lawyer and according to them, all Work Permit Extension applications for CSQ holders currently residing in Quebec must be done via the LMIA Exempt Work Permit application.

Hope this info helps anyone who is in the process of renewing/extending their work permit while waiting for PR.

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
onlymtl said:
URGENT ! My Bridge Work permit application got refused :eek:

Hi guys,

My OWP expires in 9 days and I had applied for Bridge Work Permit application a month ago, but today I got a notification in my CIC account saying the application has been refused :(

Can someone please help me ? I am working in Montreal at the moment..

Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to someone helping me out.
Hi,

Have you applied for Open work permit ?
If so, I didn't understand why you got the refusal letter as LMIA exempt WP .........??

Do you have Federal PR application AOR and valid CSQ??

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Yea, I applied for an Open Work Permit but apparently, Quebec applicants are no longer getting an OWP rather they have to do the LMIA Exempt Work Permit.

I have a valid CSQ and AOR as well.

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
onlymtl said:
Yea, I applied for an Open Work Permit but apparently, Quebec applicants are no longer getting an OWP rather they have to do the LMIA Exempt Work Permit.

I have a valid CSQ and AOR as well.
Hi I got OWP extension for 1 year, I think we applied at the same time. i applied on Nov 01,2016

No employer restrictions
No Provincial restrictions.

Not sure if you missed something on your application.

RS77

Dec 12, 2016
ANYONE CAN PLEASE TELL ME
i want to apply for extension of PGWP as i issued to passport expiry date so how ca i apply it because some people telling me that u can apply it online but someone told me u have to apply only through paper application and send it to alberta..please let me know
thanks

Ajinkyag

Nov 8, 2016
HI Guys I have questions regarding the extension of my open work permit.
I have got my csq through QSW and currently hold open work permit. My work permit expires in April 2017. I am going to subit my previous application. I am working for an employer in Montreal.
Am I eligible to extend my owp. If so under which category?
Also does my employer need to pay the compliance fees if I am getting closed work permit?

Thanks

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
law_uqam said:
I have the exact same situation as you but I passed my medical exam also.
I checked the CIC website and did the check eligibility provided by website, and I believe you can, and work permit is not related to Quebec and is completely federal side if you have CSQ.
and after answering questions it responses that I am eligible for Open work permit.

part of questions:
When does your status in Canada expire?
December 31, 2016
Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?
Yes
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes
Hi law_uqam,

I am riding in the same boat as you. I got my federal AOR long time ago and I finished my medical too. Now in order to apply for bridge open work permit, I need to say yes to the following question
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

And if i do this I will have to attach the medical examination document. But since I already finished my medical for federal process, I am unable to understand what should I provide for this.

Kindly guide and let us know what you did.

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Ajinkyag said:
HI Guys I have questions regarding the extension of my open work permit.
I have got my csq through QSW and currently hold open work permit. My work permit expires in April 2017. I am going to subit my previous application. I am working for an employer in Montreal.
Am I eligible to extend my owp. If so under which category?
Also does my employer need to pay the compliance fees if I am getting closed work permit?

Thanks
Hi Ajinkya,

Please read the above posts...they answer all your questions.

You can only apply for a closed work permit if you currently reside in Quebec and yes, your employer will have to pay the $230 compliance fee for the LMIA Exempt Work Permit application.

Hope this helps.

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
unlimited2access said:
Hi law_uqam,

I am riding in the same boat as you. I got my federal AOR long time ago and I finished my medical too. Now in order to apply for bridge open work permit, I need to say yes to the following question

And if i do this I will have to attach the medical examination document. But since I already finished my medical for federal process, I am unable to understand what should I provide for this.

Kindly guide and let us know what you did.
Ok No one took the pain to answer to my question. I went to the medical center where i did my medical examination and they gave me the information sheet and that's exactly what I am suppose to attach for this bridge work permit application. The medical center ppl know a lot about immigration and they helped me understand about this.

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
first one 25-05-2016 - second one 23-08-2018
Passport Req..
31-08-2018
FYI
Just got my open workpermit. I only sent CSQ and medical exam result which I got from clinic in Montreal. no letter from my employer or any additional document. its expiration date is almost same as my passport's expiration date

Reactions: JL-HN