+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Work Permit

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi all,

I have closed workpermit which is valid upto August 2019 and I would like to make it as open workpermit. I just googled some information on this and I understand that only whose current workpermit is going to expire within 4 weeks are eligible to apply.

In my case I have valid for more than 1 years should I try for applying. Please advice
Hi.. did your employer help you to get the closed work permit?

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hello everbody, I was reading all the messages and I have a question:

once we get our CSQ and apply for Federal stage and receive the AOR, can we get a BRIDGE OPEN WORK PERMIT?

Thank you very much
Quebec applicants are not eligible for the Bridge Work Permit.

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello Guys, just tried my luck for open work permit just with CSQ and got it refused.. following is the letter I got:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs:

Provincial Nominee Class (PNC )
Caring for Children Class / Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because only employer specific Work Permits may be issued under the FSW program in Quebec.. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp. As per the information on the CIC website: “International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp The applicant must currently be a resident of Quebec. The work permit is valid for the duration of the job offer and cannot exceed two years. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires. Work permits are issued by the authority of paragraph R205(a) (LMIA exemption code A75). The application must include copies of the valid CSQ and the job offer to work in Quebec. The CSQ must indicate one of the following codes in section 9, Catégorie: “IQ – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IP – Travailleurs”, “IT – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IZ – PEQ Travailleurs”, “IY – PEQ Étudiants”, or “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”.

Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits). Spouses or common-law partners who are accompanying the principal applicant and who are currently in Canada are entitled to apply for an open work permit for the duration of the principal applicant’s work permit, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation (LMIA exemption code A75). Employer compliance fee The regulations concerning the International Mobility Program provide that when hiring LMIA-exempt foreign workers, employers must pay an employer compliance fee and submit an Offer of Employment to IRCC.”

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello Guys, just tried my luck for open work permit just with CSQ and got it refused.. following is the letter I got:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs:

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because only employer specific Work Permits may be issued under the FSW program in Quebec.. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp. As per the information on the CIC website: “International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp The applicant must currently be a resident of Quebec. The work permit is valid for the duration of the job offer and cannot exceed two years. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires. Work permits are issued by the authority of paragraph R205(a) (LMIA exemption code A75). The application must include copies of the valid CSQ and the job offer to work in Quebec. The CSQ must indicate one of the following codes in section 9, Catégorie: “IQ – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IP – Travailleurs”, “IT – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IZ – PEQ Travailleurs”, “IY – PEQ Étudiants”, or “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”.

Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits). Spouses or common-law partners who are accompanying the principal applicant and who are currently in Canada are entitled to apply for an open work permit for the duration of the principal applicant’s work permit, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation (LMIA exemption code A75). Employer compliance fee The regulations concerning the International Mobility Program provide that when hiring LMIA-exempt foreign workers, employers must pay an employer compliance fee and submit an Offer of Employment to IRCC.”
Thank you for posting this. So this means if a CEC applicant from Quebec can get open work permit ?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW

How long did it take for you to get this decision ?