25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Hello All,

I'm on open work permit and applied for Federal and waiting for AOR , probably will get in two weeks.

Now, my work permit gonna expire in Dec 2016.

After getting AOR do i eligible for Bridge work permit? If so, do i need the employer letter as well?

Please share your experiences .

Thanks.

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

vicky_nani

May 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
31/12/2015 AOR(CSQ): 17/02/2016 Intent to refuse:12/05/16 Document sent:07/07/16 Fed Application: Oct 4th
Nomination.....
CSQ:30/06/2016(accepted on 21/06/2016)
AOR Received.
27/01/2017
Med's Request
Hi,

You cannot apply for an Bridging work permit but you can extend your permit with an offer of employment(your comes under LMIA exempt).

Offer of Employment: Not an LMIA based but instead your employer need to pay fee( i think around 1000) using employer portal.
Employer side:When you successfully submit the offer of employment through the Employer Portal, you will be given an offer of employment number. You will find this number in the employment queue in your portal account. You need to give this number to the temporary worker. The worker must include the offer of employment number in their work permit application.

Good luck

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
vicky_nani said:
Hi,

You cannot apply for an Bridging work permit but you can extend your permit with an offer of employment(your comes under LMIA exempt).

Offer of Employment: Not an LMIA based but instead your employer need to pay fee( i think around 1000) using employer portal.
Employer side:When you successfully submit the offer of employment through the Employer Portal, you will be given an offer of employment number. You will find this number in the employment queue in your portal account. You need to give this number to the temporary worker. The worker must include the offer of employment number in their work permit application.

Good luck

Hi,

I'm on Open work permit, I can't get open permit now?

Reactions: Wilkin

vicky_nani

May 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
31/12/2015 AOR(CSQ): 17/02/2016 Intent to refuse:12/05/16 Document sent:07/07/16 Fed Application: Oct 4th
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
27/01/2017
Med's Request
Unfortunately no :( .

As far as my knowledge.

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
vicky_nani said:
Unfortunately no :( .

As far as my knowledge.
So, you say Quebec Federal applicants not eligible for Bridge work permit, right?

Sorry I'm confused on CIC website I see only Provincial Nominee not quebec selected skilled worker, that's the reason im repeating my question.

thanks

vicky_nani

May 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
27/01/2017
Med's Request
Yes exactly.

As you already know Quebec's process is always different from other provinces.

Please check following links:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-quebec/after-csq.html#permit
****The employer is therefore exempt from the responsibility to provide a Labour Market Opinion (LMO).****

If you want to make sure and dont want to waste money/Time for a work permit application.
You can go to border and request for a work permit extension.If you are eligible they will process your application or else they will tell you to bring the required documents.

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
first one 25-05-2016 - second one 23-08-2018
Passport Req..
31-08-2018
sylendrabilla said:
So, you say Quebec Federal applicants not eligible for Bridge work permit, right?

Sorry I'm confused on CIC website I see only Provincial Nominee not quebec selected skilled worker, that's the reason im repeating my question.

thanks
I have the exact same situation as you but I passed my medical exam also.
I checked the CIC website and did the check eligibility provided by website, and I believe you can, and work permit is not related to Quebec and is completely federal side if you have CSQ.
and after answering questions it responses that I am eligible for Open work permit.

part of questions:
When does your status in Canada expire?
December 31, 2016
Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?
Yes
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
law_uqam said:
I have the exact same situation as you but I passed my medical exam also.
I checked the CIC website and did the check eligibility provided by website, and I believe you can, and work permit is not related to Quebec and is completely federal side if you have CSQ.
and after answering questions it responses that I am eligible for Open work permit.

part of questions:
When does your status in Canada expire?
December 31, 2016
Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?
Yes
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes

Hi I tried for the eligibility,

But it asks me for both PNP and CSQ, Did you get the same required documents.
Can you please check that .

Offer of Employment (required)

Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)

Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ) (required)

Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)

Passport (required)

Digital photo (required)

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
31-08-2018
sylendrabilla said:
Hi I tried for the eligibility,

But it asks me for both PNP and CSQ, Did you get the same required documents.
Can you please check that .

Offer of Employment (required)

Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)

Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)

Passport (required)

Digital photo (required)

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
Passport (required)
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
Marriage License/Certificate (required)
Digital photo (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Family Member Proof of Status (required)

but I am not 100% sure that if I answer all questions correct.

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
law_uqam said:
Passport (required)
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
Digital photo (required)

Alright Thanks alot

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
law_uqam said:
Passport (required)
Digital photo (required)

Hi,

After modifying to YES for the following question , I got following required docs

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

I'm not sure 100 % about this, whether I answered correct but the required docs and fee seems correct

Passport (required)

Digital photo (required)

And according to CIC for BOWP , we need to pay

Work Permit + Open Work Permit Holder Fee ( 155 + 100).

I got the same to pay the fees. based on that I assume answered right .

Hope it helps us.

Thanks

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
vicky_nani said:
Yes exactly.

As you already know Quebec's process is always different from other provinces.

Please check following links:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-quebec/after-csq.html#permit
****The employer is therefore exempt from the responsibility to provide a Labour Market Opinion (LMO).****

If you want to make sure and dont want to waste money/Time for a work permit application.
You can go to border and request for a work permit extension.If you are eligible they will process your application or else they will tell you to bring the required documents.
Hi ,

can you please check the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

I think CSQ also eligible for BOWP

PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO)..

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
31-08-2018
sylendrabilla said:
Hi ,

can you please check the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

I think CSQ also eligible for BOWP

PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO)..
in my last communication I asked the if I am eligible for open work permit and they send me this email, I bold the one I think make us valid for it:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

All categories of open work permits

Generally, work permits are job specific. If you want to apply for a work permit, you need a:

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada, and
Job offer from a specific employer.

In some cases, work permits are not job specific, so no job offer or LMIA is needed. These types of permits are known as open work permits.

You can apply for an open work permit if you:

Have been recognized as a Convention Refugee or Protected Person by the RPD,
Have received a negative decision on your refugee claim but the Government of Canada is not yet ready to remove you from the country. In addition, you must be unable to pay for your basic needs without working,
Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the following categories and your PR application has been approved in principle*:
spouse/common-law partner in Canada,
live-in caregiver, or
humanitarian and compassionate grounds,
Are a family member** of a person listed above,
Have asked for refugee status in Canada and are waiting for the decision from the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) (after 180 days for refugee claimants from Designated Countries of Origin if no decision has been made). In addition, you are unable to pay for your basic needs without working,
Have a study permit and cannot pay for your basic needs without working for reasons that are beyond your control,
Have an unenforceable removal order against you and are unable to pay for your basic needs without working,
Have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months and you are unable to pay for your basic needs without working,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of a skilled worker,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of an eligible federal class applicant,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of a provincial nominee,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of a foreign full-time student,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of a post-graduate student who holds a work permit under the NOC skill levels O, A or B,
Are authorized to enter Canada on a reciprocal basis:
participant in the Canada World Youth Program,
participant in an international student and young worker exchange program,
dependant of a foreign representative or of military personnel, or
professional athletes who require other work to support themselves while playing for a Canadian team,
Have applied for PR under one of the admissible categories of the economic class and meet the program eligibility requirements,
Applied for permanence residence (PR) under the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (Master's or PhD graduates/nominees) and are waiting for your PR application to be finalized,
Are the spouse/common-law partner of a work permit holder working in Quebec who is waiting for their PR application under the Quebec Skilled Worker category to be finalized. Some conditions apply.

* Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre/local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident (PR) status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a PR have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members.
** A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
hi guys
based on the information I got from CIC in Quebec, you are not eligible to apply for bridging work permit
please let me know if anyone has got one
thanks