AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
sh2017 said:
hi guys
based on the information I got from CIC in Quebec, you are not eligible to apply for bridging work permit
please let me know if anyone has got one
thanks

Yes, we are eligible to apply and I did.

i got extension for One year, Provincial closed.

it might help some one.

thanks

Reactions: JL-HN

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
sylendrabilla said:

it might help some one.

thanks
Hi sylendrabilla,

Did you get closed open work permit for quebec or closed work permit for the only employer that you are employed with. I think your employer too did some LMIA exempt application on your behalf for this new closed work permit of yours. Please throw some light on this as I am in the same situation as my work permit expires next march and i need to get this thing done just like how u did.

Thanks

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
unlimited2access said:
Hi sylendrabilla,

Did you get closed open work permit for quebec or closed work permit for the only employer that you are employed with. I think your employer too did some LMIA exempt application on your behalf for this new closed work permit of yours. Please throw some light on this as I am in the same situation as my work permit expires next march and i need to get this thing done just like how u did.

Thanks
Hi,

Its just provincial closed, I didnt included my job letter in my application.
JUst provided what they asked for. Thats'it.

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
sylendrabilla said:

it might help some one.

thanks
Hi would you please tell me how did you apply, under which catagory and what documents you provided
my post graduate workpermit expires less than 2 months and my employer doesnt want to apply for a job specific work permit and im losing my job and also Im going to change my status as visitor to stay in Canada
so if I know anyone in Quebec had got a bridiging work permit will change my life
cause on CIC website it clearly explains that all provincial nominees but Quebec
I really really apprieciate if you give me more info

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
sylendrabilla said:
Hi,

Hi Sylendra,

Can you tell me the whole procedure of getting a closed work permit for quebec province instead of getting a closed work permit for just the current employer of quebec, so that I can change my employer in quebec itself. Could you please tell me the whole procedure. You can also email me sunil.always.says@gmail.com

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
law_uqam said:
I have the exact same situation as you but I passed my medical exam also.
I checked the CIC website and did the check eligibility provided by website, and I believe you can, and work permit is not related to Quebec and is completely federal side if you have CSQ.
and after answering questions it responses that I am eligible for Open work permit.

part of questions:
When does your status in Canada expire?
December 31, 2016
Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?
Yes
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes
hi
I was wondering if you could renew your workpermit as open or bridging work permit

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
sh2017 said:
hi
I was wondering if you could renew your workpermit as open or bridging work permit
Hi,

Here is the required docs to be attached

Passport (required)

Digital photo (required)

Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ) (required)

AOR as well.

FEE --

Work Permit + Open Work Permit Holder Fee ( 155 + 100).

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
sylendrabilla said:
Hi,

Does that mean that you can work for any employer in quebec. Please guide us. I dont want a closed work permit just for my current employer. My current employer is doing the LMIA exempt application, should i make them do this or not, now i am confused. I havent heard of closed work permit for quebec province before but since you have got that, i need step by step guidance on this please

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
unlimited2access said:
Does that mean that you can work for any employer in quebec. Please guide us. I dont want a closed work permit just for my current employer. My current employer is doing the LMIA exempt application, should i make them do this or not, now i am confused. I havent heard of closed work permit for quebec province before but since you have got that, i need step by step guidance on this please
Yes, which mean I can work for any employer In Quebec

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
sylendrabilla said:
Yes, which mean I can work for any employer In Quebec
One last question, have you applied this online or did at the US-Canada border like some do and how quickly was this approved, how long did they take to approve this new provincial bridging open work permit. Thanks

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Hey,

You can apply for an open work permit ( make sure you apply for a bridging work permit)..I consulted a lawyer and she based herself off the fact that since I had my AOR, I was considered as someone who wanted to apply for permanent residence.. She explained to me that permanent residents can move ANYWHERE they want, and they're not restricted to any province.

So I trusted her. I tried going to the border to up my chances and they refused to give it to me as they're not allowed to issue those types of permit at the border! It was frustrating, but it was the law and there's nothing I couldn't do. So I trusted the lawyer, prayed to my ancestors and sent the application for an open work permit (bridging work permit). I didn't include any letter from my employer, I just included my AOR.

Low and behold, my Open Work Permit was approved. I've tried to explain it to people in many different immigration forums, but no one believed me. You can get the open work permit the minute you have an AOR for your permanent residence application, as you've fulfilled the condition to be considered as a permanent resident. You can only get a CLOSED work permit if you DON'T have an AOR BUT you have your QSW (CSQ) as you're still under the responsibility of the province that you applied for.

Makes sense?

Here's the name of the lawyer I consulted! Saved my life, save my plans:

https://www.facebook.com/Me-Angela-Potvin-176737605847607/

I hope this helps! Please give it a chance :)

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
law_uqam said:
I have the exact same situation as you but I passed my medical exam also.
I checked the CIC website and did the check eligibility provided by website, and I believe you can, and work permit is not related to Quebec and is completely federal side if you have CSQ.
and after answering questions it responses that I am eligible for Open work permit.

part of questions:
When does your status in Canada expire?
December 31, 2016
Do you have a Certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ) for an application for Permanent Residence under an immigration category that was submitted to an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Office or Case Processing Centre?
Yes
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
Yes
You are! I applied and I got it!

sh2017

Nov 20, 2016
notsodarkblue said:
Hey,

You can apply for an open work permit ( make sure you apply for a bridging work permit)..I consulted a lawyer and she based herself off the fact that since I had my AOR, I was considered as someone who wanted to apply for permanent residence.. She explained to me that permanent residents can move ANYWHERE they want, and they're not restricted to any province.

So I trusted her. I tried going to the border to up my chances and they refused to give it to me as they're not allowed to issue those types of permit at the border! It was frustrating, but it was the law and there's nothing I couldn't do. So I trusted the lawyer, prayed to my ancestors and sent the application for an open work permit (bridging work permit). I didn't include any letter from my employer, I just included my AOR.

Low and behold, my Open Work Permit was approved. I've tried to explain it to people in many different immigration forums, but no one believed me. You can get the open work permit the minute you have an AOR for your permanent residence application, as you've fulfilled the condition to be considered as a permanent resident. You can only get a CLOSED work permit if you DON'T have an AOR BUT you have your QSW (CSQ) as you're still under the responsibility of the province that you applied for.

Makes sense?

Here's the name of the lawyer I consulted! Saved my life, save my plans:

https://www.facebook.com/Me-Angela-Potvin-176737605847607/

I hope this helps! Please give it a chance :)
hi
im so glad you got it
as you had the same situation, can you explain how we should do it online?
im on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
and at the end it says online, is there where you send your application
also, under which category you will be applied?
Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Canadian Experience Class,
Federal Skilled Trades Program,
Provincial Nominee Program,
Caring for Children Class, or
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

also if you filled out the form "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)"
what did you answer for number 3
applying to
work permit with same employer or workpermit with new employer

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
sh2017 said:
hi
im so glad you got it
as you had the same situation, can you explain how we should do it online?
im on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
and at the end it says online, is there where you send your application
also, under which category you will be applied?
Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Canadian Experience Class,
Federal Skilled Trades Program,
Provincial Nominee Program,
Caring for Children Class, or
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

also if you filled out the form "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)"
what did you answer for number 3
applying to
work permit with same employer or workpermit with new employer
Hey!

I didn't apply online, I applied my mail. And here are the instructions I followed:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Good luck!