+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for asylum seekers

chan2023

Jan 26, 2023
When did you do your immigration medical and submit your BOC? When I made my claim, that's when the processing time started for my work permit.
Thank you. I completed and submitted my BOC at end of October 2022, the Medical test on 26th November, and then my Bopmetric on 13th December. and did not have an interview even a letter said interview. that day I only had biometrics.

Heba.ali

Mar 1, 2023
Good through the call choose work permit option. Put your uci number then the application number don't mind the first letter. The voice assistant will such your case then drop the call after a few days they will send you an email.
Hi, what number should I call?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, this is extremely long wait for a work permit people are getting hearing dates and decisions in 5months
OP can call IRB or use his Lawyer for follow up. They could be interesting information, someone holding the file. My quit guess is he was International Student changing to Refugee Claimant, though that could not be the case, All he can do is for OP Lawyer to contact intake office directly

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Just a wild guess , but maybe it’s the TENS of THOUSANDS of asylum claimants that’s affecting processing times . You know ?
No I don't. Asylum claimants are just a small amount of what Canada is receiving immigrants from many different programs and applications. I got to say, it is the amount of other programs that's affecting asylum applicants crazy long wait times.

Reactions: ref19to22

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
OP can call IRB or use his Lawyer for follow up. They could be interesting information, someone holding the file. My quit guess is he was International Student changing to Refugee Claimant, though that could not be the case, All he can do is for OP Lawyer to contact intake office directly
I did follow up with them on my own, they said I have to submit another WP application which I did, still no news from that one either.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No I don't. Asylum claimants are just a small amount of what Canada is receiving immigrants from many different programs and applications. I got to say, it is the amount of other programs that's affecting asylum applicants crazy long wait times.
We’re in the refugee section of this site , so my comment was in connection to asylum seekers.
I suppose they should process claimants that came across the border prior to those fleeing a war . Guess they should apologize.