+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for asylum seekers

chan2023

Jan 26, 2023
Hi all, I applied in early November 2022 and then completed a medical exam for my entire family then we were called for an eligibility interview and biometric, but we only gave biometric, not the interview, as we were told by the officer that day is only for biometric as the interview will be conducted later. They do this too fast track and give work permits for claiming to obtain some work and then can support them and their family while waiting for the IRB hearing etc...

I'm still waiting for my work permit as I completed the biometric and medical more than a month ago. I uploaded a web form, booked a call, and talked to an IRCC agent over the phone but still no update.

Please kindly advise if anyone has a similar experience. Only biometrics, no eligibility interviews?

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi all, I applied in early November 2022 and then completed a medical exam for my entire family then we were called for an eligibility interview and biometric, but we only gave biometric, not the interview, as we were told by the officer that day is only for biometric as the interview will be conducted later. They do this too fast track and give work permits for claiming to obtain some work and then can support them and their family while waiting for the IRB hearing etc...

I'm still waiting for my work permit as I completed the biometric and medical more than a month ago. I uploaded a web form, booked a call, and talked to an IRCC agent over the phone but still no update.

Please kindly advise if anyone has a similar experience. Only biometrics, no eligibility interviews?
The first interview is biometric only
They send you another letter call for interview for eligibility.

Check and find out if your medical report was forwarded back to ircc because that is usually the cause of delay of not being called for eligibility

chan2023

Jan 26, 2023
The first interview is biometric only
They send you another letter call for interview for eligibility.

Check and find out if your medical report was forwarded back to ircc because that is usually the cause of delay of not being called for eligibility
Thank you. my IRCC online portal says, "You passed the medical exam." So I'm not getting my work permit until the second interview?
On IRCC website saying since IRCC has a backlog they do medical and Biometric first and then work permit and later interview.