+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension for spouse of post graduate work permit holder

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hello @canuck_in_uk
I’ve my 3-year PGWP and my spouse owp will be expired in a few months.
I completed a MSc degree and I’ve found a job which is nothing to do with my degree. It’s cook position at a restaurant (NOC B). I’ll start working there to be able to extend my spouse’s permit. Would it be a problem? Secondly, I’ll be getting biweekly pay slips which means we can apply after 1.5 months. Can you confirm this information? Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello @canuck_in_uk
I’ve my 3-year PGWP and my spouse owp will be expired in a few months.
I completed a MSc degree and I’ve found a job which is nothing to do with my degree. It’s cook position at a restaurant (NOC B). I’ll start working there to be able to extend my spouse’s permit. Would it be a problem? Secondly, I’ll be getting biweekly pay slips which means we can apply after 1.5 months. Can you confirm this information? Thank you.
As long as the job is skilled, it doesn't matter what it is. You can apply when you have 3 payslips.

Reactions: Kiva2014

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Job isn't required to be full-time.
Hello @canuck_in_uk ,
Can you please advise me?
I am a PGWP holder. My wife is in Canada under SOWP. We applied for her SOWP extension on May 18. At that time, the upfront medical was still valid so we uploaded it. (she did medical on June 15, 2018). There are no updates till now and that upfront medical is for sure expired at the time the application is processed. What should we do in this situation?
Thank you for your time,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello @canuck_in_uk ,
Can you please advise me?
I am a PGWP holder. My wife is in Canada under SOWP. We applied for her SOWP extension on May 18. At that time, the upfront medical was still valid so we uploaded it. (she did medical on June 15, 2018). There are no updates till now and that upfront medical is for sure expired at the time the application is processed. What should we do in this situation?
Thank you for your time,
All you can do it wait. A medical can be extended.

Reactions: vubq123

Grewalamrit

Jun 19, 2019
hi dear,
I need some info regarding my husband's OWP. Actually, I got approval of my PGWP and it will be come in next following weeks. my husband's OWP will be expire on 20th July. However I started full time work at Tim Horton's as a Baker from June 1st. so my question is that
  • it is classified as NOC B code is 6332 on CIC but there are so many title for this job so what category will I have to be choose? and
  • what should be explained in the job letter(I mean that what should be the pattern of letter from the employer)
  • minimum wages will be fine on 3 pay slips.
  • when I can apply for my husband's OWP Extension .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi dear,
I need some info regarding my husband's OWP. Actually, I got approval of my PGWP and it will be come in next following weeks. my husband's OWP will be expire on 20th July. However I started full time work at Tim Horton's as a Baker from June 1st. so my question is that
  • it is classified as NOC B code is 6332 on CIC but there are so many title for this job so what category will I have to be choose? and
  • what should be explained in the job letter(I mean that what should be the pattern of letter from the employer)
  • minimum wages will be fine on 3 pay slips.
  • when I can apply for my husband's OWP Extension .
No, not baker. It is NOC 6711, food counter attendent. This is an unskilled job. Your spouse does not qualify for an OWP and will need to change his status to visitor.

Grewalamrit

Jun 19, 2019
No, not baker. It is NOC 6711, food counter attendent. This is an unskilled job. Your spouse does not qualify for an OWP and will need to change his status to visitor.
so working as baker at tim hortons is not comes as baker?
what other jobs are coming under NOC B at Tim hortons?
and why CIC put Baker as NOC B?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
so working as baker at tim hortons is not comes as baker?
what other jobs are coming under NOC B at Tim hortons?
and why CIC put Baker as NOC B?
No. Putting frozen things into an oven doesn't count as baking.

Supervisor/manager jobs.

IRCC has nothing to do with NOC codes. Actual bakers are skilled. Your job is not a real baker job.

ayk

Nov 29, 2010
Hello everyone,
please can anyone of you share your offer letter and pay stub, so as to see as a reference. I am worried that my sister in-laws company is small one and has not formatted both properly. she is working as an accountant.
But we just needed to see if any points are missing in my sister in-laws letter.
Please if you can help, it will save us the cost of going to a lawyer
Thanks so much