Work permit extension for spouse of post graduate work permit holder

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for reply yes if I will get letter from my employer as a store manage which is NOC 0 category job but if my hours are not 40 it's around 27 so is it ok to be manager and getting minimum pay but as manager can I apply on that salary slip ?
It is fine to be part-time. However, managers don't get paid minimum wage, so if IRCC sees that, they may question if you are actually a manager or not.

Ankidarji

Apr 4, 2019
It is fine to be part-time. However, managers don't get paid minimum wage, so if IRCC sees that, they may question if you are actually a manager or not.

Thanks for the reply but if i will show them my bank statement and i am applying like assistant manager so they will consider minimum wage,because its a assistant manager not manager?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply but if i will show them my bank statement and i am applying like assistant manager so they will consider minimum wage,because its a assistant manager not manager?
You submit payslips, not bank statements and yes, as I already said, it could be a problem. Even assistance managers don't make minimum wage.

LaMarta

Jun 5, 2019
Does anybody know if the spousal open work permit will be of the same duration of the PGWP or of the current contract? My husband has a NOC A job and his contract is only until the end of September, but his PGWP will be valid until 2022. If I apply for an OWP, will I get a 3-year permit or will it be valid only until September?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Does anybody know if the spousal open work permit will be of the same duration of the PGWP or of the current contract? My husband has a NOC A job and his contract is only until the end of September, but his PGWP will be valid until 2022. If I apply for an OWP, will I get a 3-year permit or will it be valid only until September?
Validity of his permit.

Reactions: LaMarta

Dilcia

Jun 7, 2019
I need HELP!

I just finished my program almost 1 month ago and my Visa expires on June 30. I have my application ready to submit it, but I'm waiting a little bit more to see if I get a job offer, because I want to extend my husband WP. He has three months working in a company which is willing to help him to remain here. I have the following questions:

-If I submit the application without a job offer what can the company do in order he doesn't lose his status?
-What are the company's options for helping him? (Putting a LMIA as a last option)
-What do you mean with "pay tubs"?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I need HELP!

I just finished my program almost 1 month ago and my Visa expires on June 30. I have my application ready to submit it, but I'm waiting a little bit more to see if I get a job offer, because I want to extend my husband WP. He has three months working in a company which is willing to help him to remain here. I have the following questions:

-If I submit the application without a job offer what can the company do in order he doesn't lose his status?
-What are the company's options for helping him? (Putting a LMIA as a last option)
-What do you mean with "pay tubs"?
A job offer doesn't allow him to get a work permit. You need a skilled job and 3 pay stubs for him to be able to apply for an OWP based on your PGWP.

The company can't do anything at this point. They would need to get a positive LMIA, which would take many months.

He will need to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working when his current OWP expires.

Dilcia

Jun 7, 2019
If I apply for PGWP without a job offer, the embassy gives him a visitor record automatically? Or I have to fill out the application before submit it and request it?

The pay stubs are 3 pay check consecutively?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I apply for PGWP without a job offer, the embassy gives him a visitor record automatically? Or I have to fill out the application before submit it and request it?

The pay stubs are 3 pay check consecutively?
No, he doesn't get anything automatically. He would need to apply to change the status to visitor.

You want to submit the 3 most recent, so yes, generally they are consecutive.

Dilcia

Jun 7, 2019
No, he doesn't get anything automatically. He would need to apply to change the status to visitor.

You want to submit the 3 most recent, so yes, generally they are consecutive.
Thank you Canuck for your quick response. Just one last question: If I apply for PGWP and our permits expire on June 30/2019, can my husband continue working under implied status until the embassy answers our application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you Canuck for your quick response. Just one last question: If I apply for PGWP and our permits expire on June 30/2019, can my husband continue working under implied status until the embassy answers our application?
No. You applying for a PGWP does not give him any status. As I already said, he needs to apply to change his status to visitor and stop working as soon as his work permit expires.

Tridentus

Dec 23, 2016
Hi @canuck_in_uk , I applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class (AOR-June 10 2019) with my wife (who is also on a PGWP and is my dependent). Been reading extensively about renewing BOWP and submitting the BOWP at the same time.
My PGWP is expiring next week hence the urgency

To ensure that both our Work Permit requests are approved what additional info should I add on my LOE (because I feel the required docs aren't enough for my wife's BOWP)

Based on the first few pages of this thread + my readings

On my BOWP Letter of Explanation:
1. AOR from PR Application
2. Employment letter from my current workplace (Job Offer + Employment Letter + Job Description)
3. Substantiate why my NOC is type A
4. Last 3 pay stubs of my current job as of submitting my BOWP

For my Wife's SOWP Letter of Explanation:
1. My AOR from PR
2. Employment letter from her current workplace
3. Last 3 pay stubs from her current work
4. My employment letter (include all 3 attachments above)
5. Last 3 pay stubs of my current job

Would that be comprehensive enough for my wife & I's work permit?

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk , I applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class (AOR-June 10 2019) with my wife (who is also on a PGWP and is my dependent). Been reading extensively about renewing BOWP and submitting the BOWP at the same time.
My PGWP is expiring next week hence the urgency

To ensure that both our Work Permit requests are approved what additional info should I add on my LOE (because I feel the required docs aren't enough for my wife's BOWP)

Based on the first few pages of this thread + my readings

On my BOWP Letter of Explanation:
1. AOR from PR Application
2. Employment letter from my current workplace (Job Offer + Employment Letter + Job Description)
3. Substantiate why my NOC is type A
4. Last 3 pay stubs of my current job as of submitting my BOWP

For my Wife's SOWP Letter of Explanation:
1. My AOR from PR
2. Employment letter from her current workplace
3. Last 3 pay stubs from her current work
4. My employment letter (include all 3 attachments above)
5. Last 3 pay stubs of my current job

Would that be comprehensive enough for my wife & I's work permit?

Thanks,
Follow the checklist. Your wife's employment is irrelevant, as the OWP is based on your status.

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi. I need help. I am still studying and have 1 year remaining. I am working NOC C level job and i am not sure whether i will get noc A, B job. Will it be a problem if i don have 1 and cant extend my SOWP for my spouse?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I need help. I am still studying and have 1 year remaining. I am working NOC C level job and i am not sure whether i will get noc A, B job. Will it be a problem if i don have 1 and cant extend my SOWP for my spouse?
Your spouse won't be able to get an OWP based on your PGWP unless you get a skilled job.