canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I have my 3 payslips to renew my husband's OWP. I am not sure how I now apply on the CIC site - is it the standard work permit application? There is a question that asks how long he intends to stay in Canada - in the past, the response has been temporary, but now that we have applied for permanent residence, do we now write permanently? Finally, can we flagpole for this application? I need to renew the study permits for my children too.

Thanks for your help
Yes, standard app.

No, you do not write permanent. This is a temporary status app and has nothing to do with your PR app.

You can try to flagpole. CBSA may or may not issue the permit.

Sep 6, 2017
Hi
I was on sowp and my wife was on study permit . We applied together for her PGWP and my sowp but they refused my application n my wife got her PGWP now I
M on restoration period so can I go to border to apply for restoration and sowp ?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I was on sowp and my wife was on study permit . We applied together for her PGWP and my sowp but they refused my application n my wife got her PGWP now I
M on restoration period so can I go to border to apply for restoration and sowp ?
Thank you
You only qualify for a SOWP if your wife is currently working full-time in an NOC 0, A or B job and has 3 pay stubs.

Sep 6, 2017
You only qualify for a SOWP if your wife is currently working full-time in an NOC 0, A or B job and has 3 pay stubs.
Hi
Yes she is working full time with term position in NOC B job but my Q IS can I go to border to apply my restoration period as well as my sowp as I m on restoration period
Thank you

Flamore

Apr 7, 2017
Yes, she can continue working on her current permit until it expires.
Hi, Canuck. Are you sure about that?

I am applying for my PGWP, but my husband's OWP is still valid - till July 2019.
I understand that once I am graduated, my SP is not valid anymore and neither his OWP. I am confused now. :confused:

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, Canuck. Are you sure about that?

I am applying for my PGWP, but my husband's OWP is still valid - till July 2019.
I understand that once I am graduated, my SP is not valid anymore and neither his OWP. I am confused now. :confused:

Thank you!
Hi

Different rules for study permits vs. work permits. Work permits remain valid until expiry or until formally revoked by IRCC.

Reactions: Flamore

Rojman

Nov 15, 2018
NS
Category........
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
Med's Request
17-12-2018
Med's Done....
10-12-2018 (upfront)
Hi,

I approved for PGWP, but my wife's application for SOWP renewal is refused (today) because I didn't provided enough proof that I'm employed in an occupation that falls within the NOC Skill level of 0, A or B.

1. I am working in a part-time position which is level A and I have only 2 pay stubs for that position. Are we okay to reapply (restoration) for her with these documents? is a Part-time position acceptable? and is 2 pay-stubs enough or I should wait until the end of Nov. to have 3?

2. My wife has been approved to apply for PR under Atlantic Immigration Pilot program. We sent our application for PR the exact same day that she received the refusal letter, before being noted about it. So the application will be received by the immigration office one day after her refusal (tomorrow). Will that refusal affect the PR application?

What's your suggestions overall? I'm so panicked that I can't sleep !

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2018
Hi
Yes she is working full time with term position in NOC B job but my Q IS can I go to border to apply my restoration period as well as my sowp as I m on restoration period
Thank you
Hi ketan , can you please tell. What you did to get SOWP . Did you crossed border while on restoration and get it done or applied online because iam in the same position I have to apply for SOWP I have offer letter but no pay stub right now. Can we go border and SOWP once we r in implied status

Ankidarji

Apr 4, 2019
Hi everyone i want to know that my study permit and my wife work permit will be going to end in August 31, 2019. so now when i will getting my graduation letter from college i will apply for my work permit but to extend my wife work permit as i read here that i need category 0, A or B type job letter and last three salary slips.

i want to ask that which is the better first i should get work permit than apply for my wife extension of work permit or we both should apply together. Also is it necessary that if i get category 0, A or B job and full time 40 Hours are required or if they will provide me 27 or 30 hours and still it's in that category job, So is it valid to apply or i need 40-hour salary slip?

If anybody has idea please suggest me that would be great help. Thanks

Sep 6, 2017
Hi everyone i want to know that my study permit and my wife work permit will be going to end in August 31, 2019. so now when i will getting my graduation letter from college i will apply for my work permit but to extend my wife work permit as i read here that i need category 0, A or B type job letter and last three salary slips.

i want to ask that which is the better first i should get work permit than apply for my wife extension of work permit or we both should apply together. Also is it necessary that if i get category 0, A or B job and full time 40 Hours are required or if they will provide me 27 or 30 hours and still it's in that category job, So is it valid to apply or i need 40-hour salary slip?

If anybody has idea please suggest me that would be great help. Thanks

Sep 6, 2017
Your job must be under noc o,a,b otherwise they Wil reject your spouse work permit as i got rejected for the same reason. If u have job under o,a,b than you both can apply togather

Ankidarji

Apr 4, 2019
Your job must be under noc o,a,b otherwise they Wil reject your spouse work permit as i got rejected for the same reason. If u have job under o,a,b than you both can apply togather
Thanks for reply yes if I will get letter from my employer as a store manage which is NOC 0 category job but if my hours are not 40 it's around 27 so is it ok to be manager and getting minimum pay but as manager can I apply on that salary slip ?