+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension for spouse of post graduate work permit holder

Jun 24, 2014
Hello All!
I would like some help, please!

I am graduating at the end of August, and my husband is here with me with an OWP. I have a job contract for a PART TIME job for NOC B, and the manager said that he will increase my hours to 32+ (after I apply to PGWP) but he cannot hire me as an FT employee.

In the CIC website, it says that I have to have 3 payslips and the job offer/contract showing that I work on NOC 0, A or B to allow my husband to extend his OWP. However, it doesn't say that it has to be either FT or PT. I just called the CIC and the lady that helped me said that "since it is not written, it does not matter, as long as I can prove the other requirements)...

Sorry, I am lost, because every blog and website say "fulltime" for me it is unclear. She couldn't send me her answer via email, which makes me more anxious....

Can someone help, please??? :eek::eek::eek:

Thank you so much!!
Hi Roscky - any update? I am eager to know of your position.

worklate

Aug 7, 2018
Hello all!
I am on PGWP implied status (didn't receive paper yet). Applied on June 5th.
My wife's SOWP expired on July 31st, so she left her full-time job. Currently, she does not hold any status.
I have a NOC A job for 2 months.
Do I need pay stubs dated only after the date of my PGWP approval?
OR
Can I submit pay stubs for NOC A job done while on the implied status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all!
I am on PGWP implied status (didn't receive paper yet). Applied on June 5th.
My wife's SOWP expired on July 31st, so she left her full-time job. Currently, she does not hold any status.
I have a NOC A job for 2 months.
Do I need pay stubs dated only after the date of my PGWP approval?
OR
Can I submit pay stubs for NOC A job done while on the implied status?
Why did she let her status expire?? You should have applied for her OWP along with your PGWP and payslips, or at least applied to change her status to visitor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But I didn't received my pgwp yet.
And I just go my pay stubs yesterday.
If you've been working there for 2 months, you should have had payslips awhile ago and she should have applied with you or changed her status to visitor. Now she will have to go through the Restoration process.

worklate

Aug 7, 2018
If you've been working there for 2 months, you should have had payslips awhile ago and she should have applied with you or changed her status to visitor. Now she will have to go through the Restoration process.
I am paid monthly and without my pgwp i cannot apply for any spousal visa. Also my friend's spousal owp got refused because pay stubs should be dated only after approval of pgwp.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am paid monthly and without my pgwp i cannot apply for any spousal visa. Also my friend's spousal owp got refused because pay stubs should be dated only after approval of pgwp.
Many people apply together for PGWP and spousal OWP. There is no requirement for payslips to be dated after PGWP approval. Your friend was likely refused for a different reason.

worklate

Aug 7, 2018
Many people apply together for PGWP and spousal OWP. There is no requirement for payslips to be dated after PGWP approval. Your friend was likely refused for a different reason.
I am paid monthly. So is 1 month pay stub enough for application?
Currently what should I do now?
My pgwp is under process

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am paid monthly. So is 1 month pay stub enough for application?
Currently what should I do now?
My pgwp is under process
Wait for your PGWP to be approved and then apply for Restoration of Status for her.

renu.ca2018

Aug 14, 2018
Hi Everyone.

I need your urgent help on my issue..

My husband is working under PGWP and I came to Canada in SOWP . But our work permit is going to expire on Aug 26th. Our PR application is yet to be approved by CIC. My husband applied BOWP along with spouse details so that we will maintain a legal status in Canada till our PR gets approved.
No decision came yet for our BOWP as well.

Can anyone let me know, whether both of us are eligible to work in Canada after our work permit expires?
If my husband will continue his fulltime job under implied status after Aug 26 onwards , whether I can continue to work ?
Currently I work as a contract, not a FT.

Our SIN number also will expire on August 26.
Is there any legal issues to stay here and continue our job?

please help to find a solution for this.

Bains86

Aug 19, 2018
Hi everyone
I got a question
My wife shez on post graduation work permit right nw and I am also holding a work permit which is going to expire next month. my wife shez working for a company from one year and they are going to permote her as a supervisor next month so she doesn’t have a job level of A,B or 0 right now
So what documents I need for extension of my work permit and if she got one or two payslips as a level 0 so that payslips will work for extension or I need to find another way for this
Thnx

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Hi
I have my 3 payslips to renew my husband's OWP. I am not sure how I now apply on the CIC site - is it the standard work permit application? There is a question that asks how long he intends to stay in Canada - in the past, the response has been temporary, but now that we have applied for permanent residence, do we now write permanently? Finally, can we flagpole for this application? I need to renew the study permits for my children too.

Thanks for your help

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
1. Is there any way to reapply for PGWP if it got rejected once for any reason that I applied between 90days of graduation?

2. If cic review the applied application after the expiry of the recent status(SP) due to processing time delay and somehow reject it what should do then to get the PGWP that someone really deserve?
Thanks all