+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
You can also confirm from your employer if he made the $230 compliance fee cos you won’t be able to submit your lmia exemption work permit in the first place if the number is not generated or updated cos you have to enter it where the lmia number is on the form
It seems the Nairobi office is quite slow . I have been waiting 22 weeks for an LMIA based work permit since submission of bio-metrics

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
How about the Edmonton office? I'm an LMIA exempt applicant. Do you know the processing time? I've applied from outside Canada however, my application is processing at the Edmonton office.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
It seems the Nairobi office is quite slow . I have been waiting 22 weeks for an LMIA based work permit since submission of bio-metrics
Welcome to the club at on my 33 weeks this week. Medical and biometric passed. Eligibility and background check is in progress since 24th of November 2020

salimsalim

Mar 25, 2021
Finally I got my passport request.

Application: November 22, 2020
Biometrics asked: November 22, 2020
Biometrics passed: December 9, 2020
Medical Report asked: January 8, 2021
Medical Report passed: January 19, 2021
Asked for additional documents: January 20, 2021
Added additional documents: March 11, 2021
Passport request: 23 April, 2021

zzzman

Sep 3, 2020
Canada
Finally I got my passport request.

Application: November 22, 2020
Biometrics asked: November 22, 2020
Biometrics passed: December 9, 2020
Medical Report asked: January 8, 2021
Medical Report passed: January 19, 2021
Asked for additional documents: January 20, 2021
Added additional documents: March 11, 2021
Passport request: 23 April, 2021

Hi. Congratulations!
What is your NOC and visa office?

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Do Canada forward-date visa to when work is supposed to start? For example, my contract start July 1, but I got visa approval in my cic account April 20. Would I be able to enter Canada in May?

PS: Still waiting for my passport from my VO.

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Do Canada forward-date visa to when work is supposed to start? For example, my contract start July 1, but I got visa approval in my cic account April 20. Would I be able to enter Canada in May?

PS: Still waiting for my passport from my VO.
Hi. I heard that you can travel ahead, but it depends on your Visa. If it starts from July 1st. You cannot travel sooner. Wait to get back your passport and see when is the starting date of your Visa? By the way, please share your timeline to keep us updated about the processing time.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi. I heard that you can travel ahead, but it depends on your Visa. If it starts from July 1st. You cannot travel sooner. Wait to get back your passport and see when is the starting date of your Visa? By the way, please share your timeline to keep us updated about the processing time.
Thanks for the info. But surely they won’t give me a visa that starts exactly on the day my job starts. They shouldn’t be that crazy.

AOR- March 23
Biometric- March 26
Medical Passed- March 30
Request for Additional Info- April 8
Additional Info Uploaded- April 9
Passport Request- April 20

LMIA exempt
Applied from South Africa

Reactions: eo93

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the info. But surely they won’t give me a visa that starts exactly on the day my job starts. They shouldn’t be that crazy.

AOR- March 23
Biometric- March 26
Medical Passed- March 30
Request for Additional Info- April 8
Additional Info Uploaded- April 9
Passport Request- April 20

LMIA exempt
Applied from South Africa
This is super fast can you share your Noc ?

chaz_dance

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
When does Edmonton Office post work permits? I have been approved and have been waiting to receive mine in the post for almost a month

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Yes, you can raise one web form for all the updates. There is no need to raise different webforms for different purposes but make sure what you want. You can request to withdraw the application or update the info. Both cannot be clubbed as both have different purposes.

I hope it helps!
Yes it does help.
Thanks

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020
I submitted my application September 2020, medical and biometric passed, Eligibility and background check as been on progress since 24th of November 2020, 2 webform I raised IRCC response was my application is under “Active Review “ . That they are trying to finalize my application as soon as possible.
Which country did you apply from pls?

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Which country did you apply from pls?
I applied from Nigeria but my files was transferred to Nairobi office . I applied with my family cos I was also nominated from MPNP.

Am thinking of raising a GCMS note to actually know what’s going on

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi
i did experience similar to this but not after submission of completed medicals but while doing it the doctor said my x-ray was not clear and I needed to do additional blood test since I have a tattoo, however in the IRCC standard medical examination those weren’t mentioned.
don’t worry just ask the doctor if something is wrong and you can also ask them for a copy for yourself too.
Hi i quickly visited the clinic to know whats wrong they said that i have abnormal xray findings and requested to do sputum test and xray on the 3rd month from the first medical. Did you happen to experience the same? Please share your experience thank you very much!

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hi i quickly visited the clinic to know whats wrong they said that i have abnormal xray findings and requested to do sputum test and xray on the 3rd month from the first medical. Did you happen to experience the same? Please share your experience thank you very much!
No, the doctor said my x-ray looked fine but just needed one more angle of it. That’s all
it’s better just an X-ray at a lab and check with a doctor privately to be sure everything is ok.