+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
it is normally the visa office in the country that you are applying from. Where are you?
Not always the same country one application was submitted, I submitted my application in Nigeria when I raised a webform the response came from Nairobi Kenya Office

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Hello house please how can I know the visa office that is processing my work permit application? Is been 4months I have submitted my application with biometric done. Please note I was nominated with a job offer LMIA Exempt . Kindly help a brother with your input. Thanks
You can only know this through a correspondence email address probably when you raised a webform

Reactions: DeeUzo
Nov 16, 2020
Hi

I will share my timeline:
Applied 01/may/2020
Medical exams upfront 28/fev/2020
Bio 28/dec/2020

still waiting.. it’s weird because everyday I see student permits being issued, but not a single work permit

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
It's been a long wait and still waiting.
I applied for work permit LMIA in April 2020, still under active review.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Lol it seems Canada doesn’t need workers, only students..
Well if the unemployment rate and the amount of people who lost their jobs in March is any indication , you’re probably right

Unemployment rate 7.5%

There were 1.5 million Canadians unemployed, up 371,000 (+32.4%) compared with February 2020.
Yes, close to 400,000 people lost their jobs
Maybe, it’s crazy to say, maybe that’s why there’s a delay in issuing work permits to individuals from abroad
(lol)
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/210409/dq210409a-eng.htm

Nov 16, 2020
Well if the unemployment rate and the amount of people who lost their jobs in March is any indication , you’re probably right

Unemployment rate 7.5%

There were 1.5 million Canadians unemployed, up 371,000 (+32.4%) compared with February 2020.
Yes, close to 400,000 people lost their jobs
Maybe, it’s crazy to say, maybe that’s why there’s a delay in issuing work permits to individuals from abroad
(lol)
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/210409/dq210409a-eng.htm
it is not because 400,000 people are unemployed that they are qualified for some jobs, things are not that simple. and I’m not just an applicant in the system, I have a life, plans, mental health. I would prefer to receive a refusal than to spend more than a year on this boat aimlessly, if Canada does not want foreign workers, deny the applications, it is simple, I can go on with my life. but things are not simple right, I have an LMIA, CAQ, my employer spent money on this process, we deserve to be treated with the minimum of dignity

Reactions: Mtille

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
I got my LMIA in January and WP in April. I arrived 2 weeks ago. So they are issuing WPs it all seems to where applications are being processed (mine was London)

bhisham

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Dear All,

i am in confusion, please advise.

I am applying closed WP with LMIA approved, and for my wife Open work permit.

i have 2 kids. My daughter is 8 years old and currently studying so which type of VISA should i select for her if Study then in documents required section it asks for "Letter of Acceptance (required) " along with IMM 1294 form what do i need to give in this as my daughter will take admission in school once we are in Canada. Please advise

My Son is just 11 months old so which type of visa should i select for him? if i select all type or visitor then i have to fill temporary residence visa form for him? as this is the old document is asked in site along with photo and PP details. Please advise.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I got my LMIA in January and WP in April. I arrived 2 weeks ago. So they are issuing WPs it all seems to where applications are being processed (mine was London)
I submitted my WP application around September last year in Nigeria, when I raised a webform to know the status of my application it was Nairobi Kenya reply that my application is under “Active Review” . Kenya Office timeline is 8 weeks while Nigeria is 39 weeks. Can you explain that ? Or IRCC are using Noc level and size of family to process application . I actually applied with my family of 5.

My PR process is on going too since December no update