+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Afaik the processing of your application seems to be processed beyond the level where you can withdraw the application but you can give it a try by submitting a webform requesting to withdraw the application or with a new offer employement number. It's upto IRCC whether they accept it or not.

As the OP mentioned already, she used the old employement number to submit the application again. Therefore there is no point confirming the number as she already used the old one for which a refund was already issued to employer.

I hope it helps!
Hi All, thank you for your guidance.

My employer has repaid the compliance fee, sent me a new Employment number which I sent via webform. Presently my application has been updated with the new Employment number as per the GCMS notes I received.

As mentioned earlier, LMIA exempt - I applied and mistakenly submitted an unsigned letter of employment. After 2 weeks I got a refusal for that reason. I immediately applied two days after the refusal and submitted the signed employment letter. The date on the employment letter was resumption was to be March 2021 but with a clause stating (You are to resume in March 2021 and also depends on your work visa).This is what I submitted.

Now when my employer was applying for the new Employment number , for date of resumption I saw July 2021.I saw this from recent GCMS notes (Area which employer completed on the application portal to generate the new employment number ) I believe employer decided to change the date on the application portal since work permit has not been issued and employer application was done around May 2021 whereas I submitted application in February 2021.

Question : Is there any need to request new employment letter carrying July 2021 and send via webform , or just leave it the way it is.

ezechem24

Mar 6, 2020

My employer has repaid the compliance fee, sent me a new Employment number which I sent via webform. Presently my application has been updated with the new Employment number as per the GCMS notes I received.

As mentioned earlier, LMIA exempt - I applied and mistakenly submitted an unsigned letter of employment. After 2 weeks I got a refusal for that reason. I immediately applied two days after the refusal and submitted the signed employment letter. The date on the employment letter was resumption was to be March 2021 but with a clause stating (You are to resume in March 2021 and also depends on your work visa).This is what I submitted.

Now when my employer was applying for the new Employment number , for date of resumption I saw July 2021.I saw this from recent GCMS notes (Area which employer completed on the application portal to generate the new employment number ) I believe employer decided to change the date on the application portal since work permit has not been issued and employer application was done around May 2021 whereas I submitted application in February 2021.

Question : Is there any need to request new employment letter carrying July 2021 and send via webform , or just leave it

Question : Is there any need to request new employment letter carrying July 2021 and send via webform , or just leave it the way it is.
Hello, I will advice if you can request a new employment letter stating the new expected resumption date would be ideal.

If I may ask where did you apply from and what is your NOC. Also, the first application that was refused in 2 weeks, was it processed under GSS (Global Skills Strategy)

Regards.

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Thanks boss , I pray they approve it on time. Should I still raise a webform or I should wait?
To me l don't think you need to raise anything webform .Nothing was requested from you l mean no ADR.Approval will come soon.Recommend interview is always common and most applications are being approved so be expecting your approval.

Reactions: DeeUzo and muyiroro

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hello, I will advice if you can request a new employment letter stating the new expected resumption date would be ideal.

If I may ask where did you apply from and what is your NOC. Also, the first application that was refused in 2 weeks, was it processed under GSS (Global Skills Strategy)

Regards.
I applied from Nigeria. NOC is 0623.first application was refused exactly 2 weeks and thus was GSS.

Still don't know if an updated employment letter is necessary.

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Now that things are opening up in canada,let's be hopeful and see what will come up this month.......pls endeavour to inform us if anybody gets ppr from Ircc,it will go a long way in giving some of us hope

Reactions: muyiroro

Rehman@phd

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Friends I called IRCC today. The officer said that my Visa office is Abu Dhabi. And nothing else. He said raise a webform and Abu Dhabi staff will respond back to you.

Kindly suggest how can I contact Abu Dhabi office?

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
i want to advise we should to get vaccinated now so as to help our process. I received my first dose today in Lagos Nigeria

May 31, 2021
i want to advise we should to get vaccinated now so as to help our process. I received my first dose today in Lagos Nigeria
Very True. Make sure your name in the vaccine certificate is per the travel document (for e.g passport) and ensure also that vaccine one (one got) approved by Canada also.

Reactions: muyiroro

vnjh

Jun 21, 2021
Has anyone who applied in 2021 and got their regular (non-GSS, non PGWP) work-permit (e.g., LMIA/SOWP, etc.) approved from India? Please share your timelines.
I have applied in Feb 2021 LMIA based work permit from India and biometrics were also done in Feb with upfront medical but no updates yet

vnjh

Jun 21, 2021
Very similar situation. My employer legal representative applied work permit on 22/Jan/2021, got Biometric completed on 2/Feb/2021 and Medical passed on 6/Apr/2021. Since then, not seen further progress. IRCC says current processing time: 15 weeks for WP applications from India. God ONLY knows, how long wait....further going to be...
I am also in same boat. Applied in Feb 2021 from India with biometrics and upfront medical but no updates so far

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
LMIA based WPs have not been picked up from India. Also I suspect that delay is more for cases which are getting processed in Delhi. I don't' have GCMS but anyone with GCMS can say if they have seen any recent activity. Also after opening consulate they will prioritize students over WP candidates.

vnjh

Jun 21, 2021
LMIA based WPs have not been picked up from India. Also I suspect that delay is more for cases which are getting processed in Delhi. I don't' have GCMS but anyone with GCMS can say if they have seen any recent activity. Also after opening consulate they will prioritize students over WP candidates.
My LMIA based WP application is also stuck at Delhi. Do you know how can we get the GCMS notes?

Amninder93

Jun 22, 2021
Hi all, I applied for LMIA based closed work permit from Abu dhabi. Below is my timeline.
LMIA approved: 29-OCT-2020
Visa applied: 03-Feb-2021
Biometrics: 07-Feb-2021
Medical: Upfront, but still not updated on GcKey
Eligibility: Not started yet as per Gckey
Background: we are processing your Background check.
Also, i have applied for GCMS notes on 19-May-2021 but not received yet. What you think guys do they really not started my eligibility review yet because now 20 weeks are passed already and the processing time of Abu dhabi visa office is 21 weeks.