File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And i also found that Focus college is the only college in canada which is recognized by the scottish qualifications authority SQA. Which means you can transfer your credits from advance diploma or certificate to a university degree, with their partnered university like
Royal road university
Thompson river university.
Trinity Western university.
University canada west.
University of prince Edward island.
Vancouver Island University.
All this does is prove it's a bad school since it couldn't qualify for any Canadian designation. Again, stay away. You're paying too much for your education in Canada to attend a bad school.

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018
Hi, my name is Shhikhar as i came to know that many private colleges do not provide PGWP, So what is the other option if someone had already taken admissions in private college.
For God's sake stop dealing with agents in India. The only thing they think of is their commission. They don't have your best interest in mind. You can transfer from private to public college but the credits earned will be useless (you will get 0 credits for all the courses) and the money spent is wasted. And no university will accept credits from private college. Why are you folks soooo impatient to come to Canada for study without getting proper guidance? I know studying Canada is not your objective, your objective is to become a PR and then a citizen of Canada. But to save your parent's hard earned money, spend couple of hundred dollars to get professional advice, it will save you thousands of $$s later on.

Reactions: scylla

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018
And i also found that Focus college is the only college in canada which is recognized by the scottish qualifications authority SQA. Which means you can transfer your credits from advance diploma or certificate to a university degree, with their partnered university like
Royal road university
Thompson river university.
Trinity Western university.
University canada west.
University of prince Edward island.
Vancouver Island University.
Even if you can do it, do you know what it means in terms of extra tuition fee cost to your parents??? I guess it will be an extra $40,000 if not more. Why are you interested in a private college? I am guessing that you don't have high IELTS score. Young man, try again (and again and again) to improve IELTS. 4 more attempts of IELTS will probably cost you $1000, which is much cheaper than paying extra tuition at a university.
Just think calmly. Don't be impatient

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Ok, but they say that after 18 months of college you can transfer your credits to universities for your last 6 months.
So is it a way to get PGWP, if we do so.
There is a saying, there is probably the equivalent saying in India, " You cannot make a silk purse , out of a sows ear." Which in a nutshell means you are unable to turn something of inferior value, aka the private college, into something of value, aka public college. Cannot be done.

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Everyone, because I went through this and it's not worth the money nor the mental stress that it caused me. Whatever you do, don't go down the road of a private college.. Unfortunately, I was advised by an Immigration Lawyer that going to this school would get me my PGWP.. which turned out to be false and led me to be unemployed for a few months(2 year Work Visa Expired).

My advice would be to go Public and avoid all the hassle and stresses. Not to mention hours trying to find answers if I was eligible for PGWP or not.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
This information is especially for students from PUNJAB, India, because I get many phone calls.

Students with low IELTS score (less than 6 in any category of R/W/L/S) or with poor academic score can't get admission to public colleges, so agents in Punjab misguide them and charge money to provide offer letter from private colleges and say “this college has DLI number”. Please understand that DLI number alone has no value and will not get Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Every college MUST have DLI number otherwise you will not even your get study visa (actually it is called study permit).

Many students from Punjab are coming to following private colleges and none of them is eligible for PGWP:
Pacific Link college
CIMT college
Evergreen college
Focus college

If you think by coming to any of these colleges you can then change to public college, forget it. Think why a public college did not give you offer letter in first place; because your IELTS score is low or your academic score is low. If you want assistance/guidance, you can call me at Canada + 604 727 3540, but please stop listening to agents in Punjab. All they want is you money. They are misguiding you.
"Rab da wasta, Punjab de agents kol na jao"
This post needs to be a sticky in the International Students forum.

barinky

May 21, 2019
Hello guys...I started applying for colleges in Canada , consultancy people advice me PLC clg, ISI clg which is in Quebec, conestogo clg, st.clair clg, Fanshawe clg ,Lambton clg ...which among are the best for me apply and proceed , I heard that if I study in private clg I will not work permit..? Which among these clg are private clgs ?

Jas999

Mar 20, 2018
go to the following link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

then at the bottom of the web page select the province in which the college is located. Then it will give you alphabetical list of colleges. look for each college you are interested and under the far right column (named "Offers PGWP eligible programs") see if it is 'Yes' or 'No'. If it is 'No' forget that college. If it says 'Yes' it is good' , it it says 'Details', that means not all programs at that college are eligible. So you click on the 'Details' it will open another page which will show you which programs in that college are eligible for PGWP.
I know PLC IS NOT ELIGIBLE for PGWP. They were exposed in the National news paper (Globe and Mail) of Canada.

Please do not believe agents in your home country who say : go and study one year in private college then change to public college. Because it is true that you can change from private to public college BUT public college will not give you any credit for your study in private college. The certificate/transcript you get from a private college is not worth the paper it is written on.

Reactions: k.h.p.

barinky

May 21, 2019
Thank you for the reply... I applied for Quebec study permit on Jan 8/2020 .. for ISI clg, till date I didn’t receive any update.. and i deposited 10000 CAD for GIC also.. may I know how long it take to get study permit ? And the what is the reviews of ISI clg ?

Thank you

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thank you for the reply... I applied for Quebec study permit on Jan 8/2020 .. for ISI clg, till date I didn’t receive any update.. and i deposited 10000 CAD for GIC also.. may I know how long it take to get study permit ? And the what is the reviews of ISI clg ?

Thank you
Go for different college. Reviews for this one are terrible on here.

Gunti Roja

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Why don't you spend a little more time and money to improve your IELTS score? Because with low ILETS I bet the private college will ask you to take ESL class, and that will cost you extra $2500 (Approx). convert that in to your local currency and you will see how much you are wasting.
Yes, you can change to a public college but most likely the public college will not give you any credit for your study in private college, It means you wasted your time AND money in private college. And once you transfer to public college, the college will decide if they accept your low IELTS or you have to take ESL class in public college as well ! Your best option is to improve your IELTS score before coming to Canada. For your own sake, do not believe the agents in your home country, they mostly don't tell the whole truth to students because they are only interested in their commission from the college; that is why they push students with low IELTS to private colleges.
Hi , I got offer letter to mcit Montreal for one year in supply chain management to may intake 2020, which is private college. In order to eligible for pgwp do I need to do second year in the private college or can I shift to public college?
Please clarify my doubt. Thank you in advance

Gunti Roja

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
I don't know why people are just confuseing that person brother i am going to clear all of your query so let's begin first of all getting into a private collage will not make you to eligible to apply PGWP after study as well as to apply for sds category which will makes visa processing fast and a little smooth so because your visa file will not be under sds category so your file will be under General category so visa chances are less compareing to SDS category but mostly depend on your grades like percentage and ilets etc plus proof of founs will also be a major factor for visa result . Now comes to your next question about universty of Regina so because it is a universty so it will make your friend (which i think you are ) eligibile for PGWP and visa chances will be almost like sds category because in the university category chances for rejation is very less because canada has a special category for universtys .now comes to your third quary about SOP so i will recomend you to find a good consaltant which will do it for you and many other thing because sop is the most important thing to get visa result positive and taking risk of rejection just because of few thousand rupee which consaltant may charge i don't think worthy . I know that all thing because i am done with all the things done and now i am currently waithing for visa which i may get in few days ( for privete collage ) which i will change into public after going their #specialtip before paying the tution fee for private collage chek thier refound police's and if need help just reply to this
Hi, I got admission in mcit Montreal which is private college but I don't wanna do in private college. Could you please help me #special tip how to change to public college after gng Canada.

Gunti Roja

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi,
I have a query regarding pgwp.
I got admission in M college andI If I studied in M college Montreal Quebec, 2 years program do I get pgwp of 3 years after completion of my course.
Bcz M college is private college. But in the canadian immigration website M college and DLI number is in the list and it is showing that it is eligible for pgwp.
Kindly share your valuable info
Thank you in advance