+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience while studing

Sharonjuly83

Jan 6, 2019
Hi

I truly appreciate your time in guiding everyone about your country PR process.

I am stuck in a situation here where my wife is a primary applicant and she is double graduate as per WES. First was B.Tech.(2008-2012) and then B.Ed. (2015-2017). During her B.Ed. (2015-2017) she was also working full time (2015-2016) and if we add up her education (full time) and work (full time), it's only then we'd meet the cut off points. Do you think she can count both

ankit190389

May 18, 2018
Hi

I am stuck in a situation here where my wife is a primary applicant and she is double graduate as per WES. First was B.Tech.(2008-2012) and then B.Ed. (2015-2017). During her B.Ed. (2015-2017) she was also working full time (2015-2016) and if we add up her education (full time) and work (full time), it's only then we'd meet the cut off points. Do you think she can count both
Yes its acceptable in case of canada Pr.

Reactions: thementor
Apr 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I am currently working in a full time job (40 hours per week) and I am planning to follow a full time undergraduate course not directly related to my job. Will I be able to use it to apply for Express Entry after I graduate?

ankit190389

May 18, 2018
Hello everyone, I am currently working in a full-time job (40 hours per week) and I am planning to follow a full-time undergraduate course not directly related to my job. Will I be able to use it to apply for Express Entry after I graduate?
Yeah, go with it. Best choice. but make sure you are working full time out of Canada. Otherwise, your experience for that particular year will not be counted. Thanks

sorelconsty

Aug 8, 2017
Hi

Hi

My brother is in the same situation like you. He want to claim 2 years of full experience while studying.

1- which document have you provide for your case?

2- have youclaimed full time work experience?

3- did you face any issue about that?

Please I am waiting Your answer.

Thanks

rer1

Aug 16, 2019
hello everyone, i plan to apply to express entry federal skilled worker program. do you think i should mention my student part time job in my application that i worked for 6 months while i was in canada even though it does not have an effect on my crs score? when i mention it, system requests a work experience letter which would be hard for me to receive in two weeks

Meher1

Sep 26, 2019
Hello Guys!

Thank you for the valuable information provided. I have one question. I wanted to apply for EE under FSW. I had been working full time while being a full time student (persuing my undergraduate studies). Also, my work experience is not related to my field of study. Does this experience count? Does CIC count full time work experience during full time studies or do they consider only part time work? Kindly advice.

Kanae

Nov 8, 2019
Thank you so much for confirming Vaishnavi!
Hi viktan. Since I am in the same situation as you. Just want to ask whether you got the PR successfully with the scores of foreign work experience while studying? Thank you!!

Monix01

May 10, 2018
Hi,
I'm applying for PR and currently creating my EE profile.
I'm confused if my foreign work experience would be counted while I was studying full time.

Working full time - Apr 2016 - Dec 2017 (Foreign Experience)
Studying full time - Jan 2017 - Apr 2018 (Full time student in Canada)

I was working full time - remotely for a company in my home country with pay.
Is my Foreign work experience from Jan 2017 - Dec 2017 valid for my points? Or it won't since I was studying in Canada?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)