+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience while studing

Praveenjuluri

Jan 23, 2020
Do someone have previous experience of the situation i have.
1. I did my bachelor(B.tech) from 2007-2011 regular fulltime
2. After that i joined for master( m.tech) in August 2012 regular fulltime (2012-14)
3. Later I got full time job as a developer during my m.tech( Dec 2012 to present)

So how will i show my experience from Dec 2012 as full time and also m.tech full time(2012-14). What will be the process. Can someone help me on this faced similar situation and got PR with express entry canada. Thanks in advance.
Hi did you found how to put this in your application? Mine is also similar situation can you update me how to pu this .

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi,
I'm applying for PR and currently creating my EE profile.
I'm confused if my foreign work experience would be counted while I was studying full time.

Working full time - Apr 2016 - Dec 2017 (Foreign Experience)
Studying full time - Jan 2017 - Apr 2018 (Full time student in Canada)

I was working full time - remotely for a company in my home country with pay.
Is my Foreign work experience from Jan 2017 - Dec 2017 valid for my points? Or it won't since I was studying in Canada?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
Hello @Monix01, may I ask if you were able to demonstrate or use your remote working experience for your application?

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Yes, its acceptable in case of Canada Pr. One can have study and experience both, but it should be out of Canada.
My friend needs an advice. He studied in South Korea for his Master's degree. His home country is India. While he studied in South Korea, he was a Teaching Assistant working 20 hours/week. The student visa in S.Korea allows maximum 20 hours/week work.

While he was studying and working 20 hours/week as TA, he worked remotely as a RA for a Professor in India for 10 hours/week (totally 30 hours/week). Would this employment of 30 hours/week outside of Canada (but not his home country alone) count?

Furthermore, is there any possibility that his experience of RA can count toward his work experience since it is remotely done? FYI, TA and RA both are under the same NOC, so the work experience can be used interchangeably. Looking forward to hear from you.

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

My wife has been working in Canada for 2 years and I am a Ph.D. student in Canada and has a TA and RA paid position.
Can I claim the point for my TA and RA under NOC 4012 as the spouse of the main applicant?
My wife is the main applicant

Thanks

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello,

My wife has been working in Canada for 2 years and I am a Ph.D. student in Canada and has a TA and RA paid position.
Can I claim the point for my TA and RA under NOC 4012 as the spouse of the main applicant?
My wife is the main applicant

Thanks
Under "Spouse's Canadian work experience" criteria, you can get up to 7 points for 2 years TA/RA work experience in Canada when you wife is the main applicant.

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Under "Spouse's Canadian work experience" criteria, you can get up to 7 points for 2 years TA/RA work experience in Canada when you wife is the main applicant.
Thanks, thementor for your prompt answer.
my question is can I claim those 7 points (as work experience) while I am studying as a full-time student in Canada?
if yes would you please provide me with a link of the website that shows this information.
your help would be appreciated

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
Due to covid-19, the University of Alberta is offering online classes starting fall term, which can be attended from outside Canada. I am currently working full time outside canada and I intend to continue my job as long as I can study online outside Canada.
So my query is, will I able to claim foreign work experience points with my Full time online study in this scenerio or not?

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Brother, in the crs score calculation there is a section: canadian work experience in the last 10 years

Do you think coop as a part of study can be used to club it with the Canadian actual work experience to gain the points in the past 10 yers category ? (I know that it cannot be used for cec for sure but can it be made 9+3 to make it 12 in the above section of crs for FSWP? I got a little confused.

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Due to covid-19, the University of Alberta is offering online classes starting fall term, which can be attended from outside Canada. I am currently working full time outside canada and I intend to continue my job as long as I can study online outside Canada.
So my query is, will I able to claim foreign work experience points with my Full time online study in this scenerio or not?
Yes, you can claim foreign work experience points in addition to your full-time study even though you are enrolled in a Canadian university for Fall 2020 term while being outside Canada for the term. This is because you are physically outside Canada during the duration of your work-experience gain and studies. If you were in Canada, you could not have counted the work experience while on a Study-Permit.

Reactions: gurpreetbal

saikrishnaklu

Aug 6, 2020
all in my signature
You people are really saviors - Thanks heaps for taking out time and helping others - @hamgha, @Asivad Anac , @DelPiero07

I am an applicant who recieved the ITA on July 8,2020. I got Master's while working at Wipro (INDIA)- I was mulling whether to keep both or include one for so long now.

Profile:
Work -> 2014/07 - Till date (Total 6 years)
Masters -> 2015/04-2017/05

As you suggested, since the experience is outside I will claim both and submit the supporting documents - paystubs,reference letter etc.

Can you please suggest if I should mention about Masters degree gained during working in LOE? Or Submit the application without mentioning it? did you do this for your application?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
You people are really saviors - Thanks heaps for taking out time and helping others - @hamgha, @Asivad Anac , @DelPiero07

I am an applicant who recieved the ITA on July 8,2020. I got Master's while working at Wipro (INDIA)- I was mulling whether to keep both or include one for so long now.

Profile:
Work -> 2014/07 - Till date (Total 6 years)
Masters -> 2015/04-2017/05

As you suggested, since the experience is outside I will claim both and submit the supporting documents - paystubs,reference letter etc.

Can you please suggest if I should mention about Masters degree gained during working in LOE? Or Submit the application without mentioning it? did you do this for your application?
i did, they're independent/ the only requisite is if your work was part of your degree, like a required internship

saikrishnaklu

Aug 6, 2020
i did, they're independent/ the only requisite is if your work was part of your degree, like a required internship
Thanks for the response. In my case, it is an integral learning program offered by the employer. Both work and degree are independent of each other but they happen in tandem every week - 5 days work + 2 days (16 hours).

Is it better to explain in LOE? leaving it unexplained will create suspicion? [Only worried that they might put extra lens on this item if I explain in LOE]

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks for the response. In my case, it is an integral learning program offered by the employer. Both work and degree are independent of each other but they happen in tandem every week - 5 days work + 2 days (16 hours).

Is it better to explain in LOE? leaving it unexplained will create suspicion? [Only worried that they might put extra lens on this item if I explain in LOE]
not sure what that means to be honest. i had a full time job and was doing a full time diploma. neither were dependent on the other. if it's a program by the employer does that mean he paid for your diploma? i'm not sure this is too specific

saikrishnaklu

Aug 6, 2020
not sure what that means to be honest. i had a full time job and was doing a full time diploma. neither were dependent on the other. if it's a program by the employer does that mean he paid for your diploma? i'm not sure this is too specific
That is right. Employer offered the program in colloboration with the Autonomous University and they pay for the program. The degree is full time and I used to attend classroom sessions and take exams just like regular students.

So do you reckon it is better to explain in LOE? If you dont mine could you tell if you used any specific format to explain this in LOE?

aman.kansal1234

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
That is right. Employer offered the program in colloboration with the Autonomous University and they pay for the program. The degree is full time and I used to attend classroom sessions and take exams just like regular students.

So do you reckon it is better to explain in LOE? If you dont mine could you tell if you used any specific format to explain this in LOE?
I was also in Wpro wase program.. just wanted to know if you put LOE or not ?