Hi everyone,
I’m applying under the Canadian Experience Class and I have a question about how to calculate my Canadian work experience.
I have a full-time permanent position with my employer. However, I was placed on a Graduated Return to Work (GRTW) plan for approximately 2-3 months. During this period, I was working reduced/part-time hours according to the GRTW plan.
My question is:
Should I claim this period as full-time work experience because I continued to hold a full-time position/line, or should I calculate it as part-time work experience based on the actual hours I worked during GRTW?
For example, if I normally work 37.5 hours/week but during GRTW I worked approximately 15–20 hours/week, should I count only the actual hours worked during those weeks toward the 1,560-hour CEC requirement?
My immigration lawyer advised me to treat the GRTW period as part-time work experience, even though my underlying position was full-time.
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with a similar GRTW situation, especially if you have experience with CEC applications or IRCC.
Thank you
I’m applying under the Canadian Experience Class and I have a question about how to calculate my Canadian work experience.
I have a full-time permanent position with my employer. However, I was placed on a Graduated Return to Work (GRTW) plan for approximately 2-3 months. During this period, I was working reduced/part-time hours according to the GRTW plan.
My question is:
Should I claim this period as full-time work experience because I continued to hold a full-time position/line, or should I calculate it as part-time work experience based on the actual hours I worked during GRTW?
For example, if I normally work 37.5 hours/week but during GRTW I worked approximately 15–20 hours/week, should I count only the actual hours worked during those weeks toward the 1,560-hour CEC requirement?
My immigration lawyer advised me to treat the GRTW period as part-time work experience, even though my underlying position was full-time.
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with a similar GRTW situation, especially if you have experience with CEC applications or IRCC.
Thank you
