+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience while studing

S

sutyfornow

Guys, there is this question when were you qualified to work so we mention our graduation date... how then do we claim points for experience done before graduation?

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
1. No work experience gained while being a full time student in Canada can be counted. No points for those. Only exception to this is NOC 4012.

2. Paid NOC 0/A/B work experience acquired within the last 10 years while being a full time student OUTSIDE of Canada can be counted towards CRS points for foreign work experience and/or FSW eligibility points. Of course, this has to be supported with a valid reference letter.

3. Such experience will be part time or full time depending on the number of hours worked/week in addition to full time studies. If hours/week were less than 30, they would count as such. If more than 30, it will be treated as a full time experience.
Dear Asivad

Thank you for great insights. However may I request you to kindly direct me to a cic link which mentions the above information.

AK SINGH

Oct 30, 2017
Yea my NOC (B)

@delpiero.

Thank you soooooooo much you cant imagine how much i am happy about this answer which i was waiting for it long time back :D do you have any supporting link from CIC or someone who had already applied and approved ?

Also it is count either it is Full time exp with Part-time Study and vise versa ? Right :D ( Question for my friend in this situation

AK SINGH

Oct 30, 2017
Yea my NOC (B)

@delpiero.

Thank you soooooooo much you cant imagine how much i am happy about this answer which i was waiting for it long time back :D do you have any supporting link from CIC or someone who had already applied and approved ?

Also it is count either it is Full time exp with Part-time Study and vise versa ? Right :D ( Question for my friend in this situation
Hello,
I hope you got your PR Card by now.
i also have same confusion as you had. So, can you please help me out.
I did 2 year part-time job as a assistant manger (NOC 0) in a hotel. i worked there for around two years accumulating 1760hrs. i used to work 10-15 hours a week. But, i was also studying full-time my senior secondary. My employer can provide my LOE.
So, will this experience is qualified for Foreign experience.

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Hello,
I hope you got your PR Card by now.
i also have same confusion as you had. So, can you please help me out.
I did 2 year part-time job as a assistant manger (NOC 0) in a hotel. i worked there for around two years accumulating 1760hrs. i used to work 10-15 hours a week. But, i was also studying full-time my senior secondary. My employer can provide my LOE.
So, will this experience is qualified for Foreign experience.
I doubt that the experience while you are senior secondary student would count as a NOC 0 experience. NOC 0 are usually management positions for people with at least the Bachelor's degree. Even your employer could provide letter, CIC may question that how could you qualify for the job when you even haven't finished high school.

AK SINGH

Oct 30, 2017
I doubt that the experience while you are senior secondary student would count as a NOC 0 experience. NOC 0 are usually management positions for people with at least the Bachelor's degree. Even your employer could provide letter, CIC may question that how could you qualify for the job when you even haven't finished high school.
Thanks for the Prompt reply.
This position was reserved for youngsters under there policy of developing skills in youngsters.

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Anyone can confirm that the work experience outside Canada while being a full-time student will give me score in the express entry?

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi there. My question is addressed to FSW applicants. For anybody who entered paid work experience gained whilst enrolled as a full-time student in a non-Canadian institution: how did that work out? What documents did you have to submit as evidence?
Thanks!

pawansh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
1. No work experience gained while being a full time student in Canada can be counted. No points for those. Only exception to this is NOC 4012.

2. Paid NOC 0/A/B work experience acquired within the last 10 years while being a full time student OUTSIDE of Canada can be counted towards CRS points for foreign work experience and/or FSW eligibility points. Of course, this has to be supported with a valid reference letter.

3. Such experience will be part time or full time depending on the number of hours worked/week in addition to full time studies. If hours/week were less than 30, they would count as such. If more than 30, it will be treated as a full time experience.
can you provide more clarity on this, as i was doing my PHD in India and was involved in Research and teaching work which was part of the course and was getting scholarship. So can i claim points on NOC 4012.

ankit190389

May 18, 2018
Do someone have previous experience of the situation i have.
1. I did my bachelor(B.tech) from 2007-2011 regular fulltime
2. After that i joined for master( m.tech) in August 2012 regular fulltime (2012-14)
3. Later I got full time job as a developer during my m.tech( Dec 2012 to present)

So how will i show my experience from Dec 2012 as full time and also m.tech full time(2012-14). What will be the process. Can someone help me on this faced similar situation and got PR with express entry canada. Thanks in advance.

akshay08

Aug 19, 2018
guys, we can't gain work experience while studying in full time.

look at the ministerial instruction.

"(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week."

You are right in stating point 7(a) but if you go in detail you will find it is talking explicitly about Canadian work experience. Looking forward for your views on this.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
You are right in stating point 7(a) but if you go in detail you will find it is talking explicitly about Canadian work experience. Looking forward for your views on this.
you're correct. my experience before graduation was counted

ankit190389

May 18, 2018
you're correct. my experience before graduation was counted
Can you help me.
Do someone have previous experience of thesituation i have.
1. I did my bachelor(B.tech) from 2007-2011 regular fulltime
2. After that i joined for master( m.tech) in August 2012 regular fulltime (2012-14)
3. Later I got full time job as a developer during my m.tech( Dec 2012 to present)

So how will i show my experience from Dec 2012 as full time and also m.tech full time(2012-14). What will be the process. Can someone help me on this faced similar situation and got PR with express entry canada. Thanks in advance.

Jaid333

Jul 4, 2018
I was working full time during my MSc studies. My university was an evening university(classes are after 6 pm).
I have the payslips and all the evidence needed. Will this count under EE ?
Hi my name is jai I did msc I got ITA I did full time job while doing masters is it count for points

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi my name is jai I did msc I got ITA I did full time job while doing masters is it count for points
Yes unless it was a requirement to get your masters