+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Guys please help me out, I applied though SDS on July 2020, Did my medical last year November, now it's gonna expire in Mid November, and SDS requires upfront medical, should I book an appointment in advance to get my medicals done? or wait for IRCC to request for it?

As you know the appointment is not granted like a piece of Cake, therefore they could give me one but on a later date.

My college expects to be on the list by Mid November, I feel that if I am requested one by IRCC, It would be too late, the response won't be given Immediately and that would halt my decision because my Intake is Jan.

Since I applied in July, my medicals have still not yet been updated!

Last edited:

kitty11

Jun 4, 2017
Category........
Other
Bro we are waiting for more tha 17 weeks,...got AIP but after 5 days they told us we sent AIP in error to you, your application is in progress....deferred from September to January and yet insecurity about January intake too that we will get decision or not on time.... on the other hand all non-sds applied with us got AIP or rejection for fall .
How did you inform IRCC when you deferred from Fall to winter? I am also thinking to defer from Winter to Spring

Waqar_Ahmad

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Bro we are waiting for more tha 17 weeks,...got AIP but after 5 days they told us we sent AIP in error to you, your application is in progress....deferred from September to January and yet insecurity about January intake too that we will get decision or not on time.... on the other hand all non-sds applied with us got AIP or rejection for fall .
Bro that why I defer to May 2021 intake so that situation will be more than clear by that time

ahmadzaryab

Jun 16, 2020
hello everyone. i hope you guys are well.
I'm applying SDS study permit in couple of days, i've been accepted for professional PG Dip, paid 1st year tuition, CIBC GIC, upfront medical is done, SOP is ready but i'm confused about proof of ties to home country. I've already done master in pakistan and have work experience of 6 year. we well as i'm certified SAP professional alone with certified ISO9001;2005 lead auditor from SDS UK.
I've traveled Saudia and UAE for tourism purpose. (do i've to mention this in my SOP)
I've mentioned in SOP about family business generating annual turnover 30million pkr and attached business bank statement as well as FBR business certificate. i've attached my reference letter from current employer that they are providing me future job security when i return from canada with PG Diploma. i've also mentioned about my parents property which is currently worth approximately PKR 25million but i've not attached property paper because someone said we dont need to attached this in sds application.
kindly let me know if i've to attach property paper evaluation in sds application if yes so where to get this evaluation done from? how long and how much does it cost?

Any recommendation to make my home ties more strong?

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Guys please help me out, I applied though SDS on July 2020, Did my medical last year November, now it's gonna expire in Mid November, and SDS requires upfront medical, should I book an appointment in advance to get my medicals done? or wait for IRCC to request for it?

As you know the appointment is not granted like a piece of Cake, therefore they could give me one but on a later date.

My college expects to be on the list by Mid November, I feel that if I am requested one by IRCC, It would be too late, the response won't be given Immediately and that would halt my decision because my Intake is Jan.

Since I applied in July, my medicals have still not yet been updated!
don't do anything. I know someone who applied in March and his Medical expired on 25th October
On 4 November he received BVL and on 5 November he received Medical Request.
They will request you if they will need.

Reactions: SyedZeeshanHaider

missblack

Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I have a few questions if someone could help me I"ll be really thankful.
so here is little information, my fiance has got an offer from Seneca into the diploma program, and we have paid the fee now the problem we are facing is how should we apply for a visa SDS/or Non-SDS?
he doesn't have an IELTS score instead he gave Duolingo test and I see Ilets is required for SDS.
the second problem is he has already done his masters from Pakistan and doing a job in a news channel and a diploma in Seneca is different than his previous field of study. would that be a problem in getting visa?
Thirdly, if we go for non-SDS he doesn't have enough funds and if somehow manage to deposit the required balance in a month and then get a statement would that be okay?
or they want an established statement over the course of a few months.
Another option we are considering is to apply after marriage as we are getting married next month and then I can attach my statement that is pretty stable and I am Canadian Pr too. but we aren't sure that having a spouse in Canada affects the visa application positively or negatively?

please guide me if someone has any information in all the concerns I listed above.
Thank you so much

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Hi, I have a few questions if someone could help me I"ll be really thankful.
so here is little information, my fiance has got an offer from Seneca into the diploma program, and we have paid the fee now the problem we are facing is how should we apply for a visa SDS/or Non-SDS?
he doesn't have an IELTS score instead he gave Duolingo test and I see Ilets is required for SDS.
the second problem is he has already done his masters from Pakistan and doing a job in a news channel and a diploma in Seneca is different than his previous field of study. would that be a problem in getting visa?
Thirdly, if we go for non-SDS he doesn't have enough funds and if somehow manage to deposit the required balance in a month and then get a statement would that be okay?
or they want an established statement over the course of a few months.
Another option we are considering is to apply after marriage as we are getting married next month and then I can attach my statement that is pretty stable and I am Canadian Pr too. but we aren't sure that having a spouse in Canada affects the visa application positively or negatively?

please guide me if someone has any information in all the concerns I listed above.
Thank you so much
Answer of the Ques-1) IRCC doesn't accept any online language test including Duolingo. He needs IELTs, TOFEL or PTE.
Answer of 2nd Question: that's a problem and he has to show very strong and convincing reasons how this diploma program is going to be helpful for him in future carrier and what the prospect of this program in Pakistan after returning. I don't believe, he has any strong reason behind that as diploma after Masters never seem like a good idea. He could go for another Masters at a University.

Answer of Question No 3: Since your fiance does not have sufficient for non SDS, then SDS is the only option. If you think you or your father wants to help him financially both of you can be your sponsor and he can apply under non SDS.

Please note that submitting language score is not mandatory under non SDS but you will hardly find someone got approval without any language test. Those who got that either they had previous degree in any English speaking country or they had a very good profile.

Hope you got your answers.

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

wargeneral

Aug 16, 2019
hello everyone. i hope you guys are well.
I'm applying SDS study permit in couple of days, i've been accepted for professional PG Dip, paid 1st year tuition, CIBC GIC, upfront medical is done, SOP is ready but i'm confused about proof of ties to home country. I've already done master in pakistan and have work experience of 6 year. we well as i'm certified SAP professional alone with certified ISO9001;2005 lead auditor from SDS UK.
I've traveled Saudia and UAE for tourism purpose. (do i've to mention this in my SOP)
I've mentioned in SOP about family business generating annual turnover 30million pkr and attached business bank statement as well as FBR business certificate. i've attached my reference letter from current employer that they are providing me future job security when i return from canada with PG Diploma. i've also mentioned about my parents property which is currently worth approximately PKR 25million but i've not attached property paper because someone said we dont need to attached this in sds application.
kindly let me know if i've to attach property paper evaluation in sds application if yes so where to get this evaluation done from? how long and how much does it cost?

Any recommendation to make my home ties more strong?
how did u pay full 1 year tuition fee? as for me my student fee invoice is only showing 1st semester fee to be paid,? how should i pay 1 year full fee?

Maham malik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
how did u pay full 1 year tuition fee? as for me my student fee invoice is only showing 1st semester fee to be paid,? how should i pay 1 year full fee?
Do it as you have done for 1st semester by login to your college account.go to the payments and do it again. College will provide you the receipt or invoice accordingly. You can also see the payment records you have made in your account.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Guys i need help, i’ll be really very thankful. I am studying UTP stage 1 in International college of manitoba, online. I applied my Visa under Non-Sds since many people said its faster nowadays. But unfortunately i got rejected. Although my college is covid-19 readiness plan list. I am almost in the end of this semester getting done with my finals, and moving towards next which is the last and the fee deadlines are also coming. I want to know what should i further do? As i’ve had a strong Bank statement, tax returns and property. Bank statement was under my mothers’s account and the tax returns and property was under my name, since my father is not with us, we got all these possessions in beneficiary. I thought to show my tax returns and property rather than my brothers for a strong case and strong home ties as i am a partner in my family business.
The reasons i got rejected,
•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

what should i do now? Go for Sds but how? Since there’s only one semester left for the foundation. And what changes should i make to prevent these reasons of rejection.

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Guys i need help, i’ll be really very thankful. I am studying UTP stage 1 in International college of manitoba, online. I applied my Visa under Non-Sds since many people said its faster nowadays. But unfortunately i got rejected. Although my college is covid-19 readiness plan list. I am almost in the end of this semester getting done with my finals, and moving towards next which is the last and the fee deadlines are also coming. I want to know what should i further do? As i’ve had a strong Bank statement, tax returns and property. Bank statement was under my mothers’s account and the tax returns and property was under my name, since my father is not with us, we got all these possessions in beneficiary. I thought to show my tax returns and property rather than my brothers for a strong case and strong home ties as i am a partner in my family business.
The reasons i got rejected,
•I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

what should i do now? Go for Sds but how? Since there’s only one semester left for the foundation. And what changes should i make to prevent these reasons of rejection.
Did you get AIP before you decided to take online classes? If COVID hadn't existed, SDS would've been the faster route, nonetheless NON-SDS is slighty faster than SDS these days because most of their files are located in AbuDhabi instead of Canada where staff is limited and cases are surging.

SDS is not a bad route, it would atleast save you from too much of hassle with the financial part, you can get a GIC worth 10k+ CAD if you desire, I assume you already have paid the fee for 1st semester, but SDS requires fee for 1 year atleast, make a stronger SOP and elaborate in detail about your purpose of visit, employment and Job Prospects, that can be done neatly and effectively (in most cases) if you order GCMS notes, the VO's comments at the end would help you understand the exact reason of your refusal and you can address them, as of now its taking around 30 days to obtain them or in exceptional cases, it may exceed that time limit

You can also mention how your performance was in the last semester (online), It can significantly increase your chances provided you get the required grades, maybe attach your transcript for that particular semester to show how genuine you are.

Best of Luck

Last edited: