+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

fridayisoff

Oct 25, 2020
did you explain why are you leaving your current job to go for a PGD in your SOP? Because VO's prefer if you go for masters after bachelor instead of a diploma
I know visa officer has concern for just simple diploma which people go for after doing their bachelors, but post graduate diploma is usually done after bachelors and visa officers don't appreciate when people go for PGD after there Masters as it's going a step below than your previous studies . The point is it makes more sense to apply for PGD now than after Masters. And yes I explained in my SOP why I'm opting for studies and leaving my current job so that I have better employment opportunities and progress in my career . I understand that Masters is a better option and makes more sense after Bachelors but after looking my at profile and available options I opted for this specific course

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I know visa officer has concern for just simple diploma which people go for after doing their bachelors, but post graduate diploma is usually done after bachelors and visa officers don't appreciate when people go for PGD after there Masters as it's going a step below than your previous studies . The point is it makes more sense to apply for PGD now than after Masters. And yes I explained in my SOP why I'm opting for studies and leaving my current job so that I have better employment opportunities and progress in my career . I understand that Masters is a better option and makes more sense after Bachelors but after looking my at profile and available options I opted for this specific course
How does it make more sense to go for PGD instead of masters? please enlighten us.

dawood414

Oct 24, 2020
Can anyone please examine my case?
I'm applying for the first time so no refusals
Applying through SDS
Bachelors in University of Manitoba, Winter 2021.
Qualification: O and A level
What are the chances?
IELTS result will be coming on 13th Nov, so I'll apply asap.

fridayisoff

Oct 25, 2020
How does it make more sense to go for PGD instead of masters? please enlighten us.
because its cheaper and easier to get into PGD than in Masters after you have done your bachelors and makes sense if you have a tight budget and wana get into Canada through student visa.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Can anyone please examine my case?
I'm applying for the first time so no refusals
Applying through SDS
Bachelors in University of Manitoba, Winter 2021.
Qualification: O and A level
What are the chances?
IELTS result will be coming on 13th Nov, so I'll apply asap.
Apply Non-SDS for faster processing.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
But I have heard that the acceptance ratio of SDS is better and it is faster as well.
Both have equal chances. It doesn't matter as long as the profile is solid.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Actually, its not been a month yet. But i was confirming if i’d get to know how much more to wait, since im in the end my semester now moving towards next, have to pay for the dues aswell. Im confused if i pay and then no refunds in case of visa refusals. I applied on 24th of Oct.

Anonymous214

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Actually, its not been a month yet. But i was confirming if i’d get to know how much more to wait, since im in the end my semester now moving towards next, have to pay for the dues aswell. Im confused if i pay and then no refunds in case of visa refusals. I applied on 24th of Oct.
Bro we are waiting for more tha 17 weeks,...got AIP but after 5 days they told us we sent AIP in error to you, your application is in progress....deferred from September to January and yet insecurity about January intake too that we will get decision or not on time.... on the other hand all non-sds applied with us got AIP or rejection for fall .

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Bro we are waiting for more tha 17 weeks,...got AIP but after 5 days they told us we sent AIP in error to you, your application is in progress....deferred from September to January and yet insecurity about January intake too that we will get decision or not on time.... on the other hand all non-sds applied with us got AIP or rejection for fall .
Bro just keep your hopes high, IA everthing fall back into right place. Secondly, thats why I actually replied and asked since our friend Gmp97 commented that sds is faster which is strange. But how much faster actually. You applied through Sds and waiting since 17weeks. What can you imagine for the student applying through Non-sds then. The situation is really complicated.

Anonymous214

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Bro just keep your hopes high, IA everthing fall back into right place. Secondly, thats why I actually replied and asked since our friend Gmp97 commented that sds is faster which is strange. But how much faster actually. You applied through Sds and waiting since 17weeks. What can you imagine for the student applying through Non-sds then. The situation is really complicated.
SDS applications deal in Canada that's why longer delay due to heavy workload of many months but on other hand non-sds deal in Abu Dhabi Embassy and they have cleared all fall applications and now they are working on winter applications or sds applications forwarded to them by Ottawa.....In December or maybe end November you will get decisions

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
SDS applications deal in Canada that's why longer delay due to heavy workload of many months but on other hand non-sds deal in Abu Dhabi Embassy and they have cleared all fall applications and now they are working on winter applications or sds applications forwarded to them by Ottawa.....In December or maybe end November you will get decisions
Oh means i can keep my hopes high aswel, by end November seems good. Lets see, I applied with upfront medical, waiting for the medical to be updated.