+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Get someone from Scotiabank to talk to your UBL bank manager. Also, make sure the details you are providing during your transfer are the same as your passport's. I.e., address.
UBL's services have been a pure nightmare for the last year. My manger is so talented that he wrote 'USD 7850 as USD 78150' and he is suppose to be a finance guy. I asked him to tell me the list of things required for a tt wire and he said a remittance form was enough but now he calls every day to attach this document or that. I have been finding excuses from office to keep dropping off documents that he says are required which is in the opposite end of Lahore. I asked him if there were any charges or something, he said no evrything is done and today he called again and said to drop off $400 and that it was for with holding tax! What was the point of becoming filer?! CAD 10200 = USD 7760 but the bank was already charging me USD 7879 and now the extra $400.

I have been in contact with Scotiabank and they were very straightforward in guiding that I as a layman understood but UBL hasnt even started the remittance process!

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019
UBL's services have been a pure nightmare for the last year. My manger is so talented that he wrote 'USD 7850 as USD 78150' and he is suppose to be a finance guy. I asked him to tell me the list of things required for a tt wire and he said a remittance form was enough but now he calls every day to attach this document or that. I have been finding excuses from office to keep dropping off documents that he says are required which is in the opposite end of Lahore. I asked him if there were any charges or something, he said no evrything is done and today he called again and said to drop off $400 and that it was for with holding tax! What was the point of becoming filer?! CAD 10200 = USD 7760 but the bank was already charging me USD 7879 and now the extra $400.

I have been in contact with Scotiabank and they were very straightforward in guiding that I as a layman understood but UBL hasnt even started the remittance process!
Hi!
I am also going to send payment for my GIC through UBL bank. They said to me that there is no need to open US dollar account and they can send the amount with my PKR account. So let's hope for the best.
However previously I sent my tuition fees as a wire transfer to "Western Union Business Solutions" and the UBL staff at Hyderabad did that easily. I had to pay 9820 CAD, but along with that amount I also paid about PKR 60,000 as a Withholding tax for education. As it is a policy of State Bank of Pakistan that they levy 5% tax on educational transfers.

Mubarak786

Oct 12, 2019

The docs that UBL bank demanded from me for my tuition fees wire transfer were following;
1. CNIC
2. Passport
3. College Offer letter
4. 7-form of agricultural land (as proof of finances)

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
In sds program does anyone know, is there any additional form to be filled during filing the visa application on CIC ?
or the forms are same as normal program and other additional documents like gic and medical etc is just required?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan

I hope your issue gets resolved. I, myself, am applying for my GIC in the coming week. I however am going with Allied Bank.

Ali16

Nov 2, 2019
Hi everyone !
I am interested to apply for student visa to canada but here is situation
My fathers name on my all educational record is Muhammad Nadeem Anwar however actully it is "Nadeem Anwar " and this is as per his cnic and also reflected on my passport.
What should i have to do
option 1 : correct it on my all educational record which is a very lengthy process.

Option 2 : change name on fathers cnic as "muhammad nadeem anwar " and make correction on my cnic and passport accordingly.

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
my brother in law applied online SDS

Applied on Oct 3
Received recent transcript request letter on Oct 4 submitted same day.
Medical passed Oct 4
Biometric update Oct 7
1st Ghost update Oct 11
2nd ghost update Oct 17
Eligibility review started on Oct 17
Correspondence letter on Oct 28
Passport request on Oct 29

good luck everyone!
Hi Alijumani, i want your help in my visa application process, can you please guide me about is there any additional imm form on cic website to be filled for sds program or the forms are just same as for normal program ?
Moreover in habib Canadian bank, id card is also required to be sent , however I posses old Pakistani Id card which is in Urdu language , will it work?
Kindly guide as early as possible ,
Thank you

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi Alijumani, i want your help in my visa application process, can you please guide me about is there any additional imm form on cic website to be filled for sds program or the forms are just same as for normal program ?
Moreover in habib Canadian bank, id card is also required to be sent , however I posses old Pakistani Id card which is in Urdu language , will it work?
Thank you
Did you check out the last page of Habib Canadian Bank SDS registration? It's asking whether or not I pay taxes in my country and I just recently became a filler. What am I supposed to select there? I'd be grateful if you can offer advice.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Thank you
there is no additional form for SDS follow the doc checklist on mycic account.

get a certified true translation copy of your cnic from any nottary public and send both

Reactions: Rimshajameel001

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
there is no additional form for SDS follow the doc checklist on mycic account.

get a certified true translation copy of your cnic from any nottary public and send both

Thank you for your response
the last page of Habib Canadian Bank SDS registration is asking whether or not I pay taxes in my country and I just recently became a filler. What am I supposed to select there?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Thank you for your response
the last page of Habib Canadian Bank SDS registration is asking whether or not I pay taxes in my country and I just recently became a filler. What am I supposed to select there?
In order to become a filer you must have filed taxes for previous year already so select yes to pay tax