alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
When you apply online and they tell you to send your passport its only after the decision has been taken which means that if your application gets approved only then you will get the call to send the passport
Correct, there is no point to request for passport if they want to reject the application.

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019
Hello everyone. I need some assistance regarding sds visa procedure if you are a phd student on stipend.

1. My professor will provide me stipend for the duration of my studies in saskatchewan which will also cover the admission fee, so if I want to apply through sds, do I need to get GIC? Because my PhD is on scholarship, and I could not find any thing about showing scholarship letter instead of GIC.

2. My husband is also planning to apply with me, for an Open work permit. How are the chances for him to obtain it together with me.

3. How can I show funds for him? And how much?

Any help and suggestions are highly welcomed.
Thank you
No You will have to apply in general category. I had the same situation. SDS eligibility is only possible when you have receipt of upfront tuition fee and a GIC so as you are funded, you'll have to apply in Non - SDS category.

Ahmed161

Oct 24, 2019
You can call and ask them if they have received the money. They don't send any acknowledgment emails. You will just receive the gic document.
Hey Can you tell me what exactly GIC document is?
I have received an email with Welcome Letter and Investment Direction Confirmation.

What document i exactly need to upload in visa Application??
@alijumani @asadz165 Please help!

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hey Can you tell me what exactly GIC document is?
I have received an email with Welcome Letter and Investment Direction Confirmation.

What document i exactly need to upload in visa Application??
@alijumani @asadz165 Please help!
Investment direction confirmation is th GIC you dont need to upload the welcome letter but keep it safe you will require it when you open your bank account in canada

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Thank you so much for providing such a valuable feedback. I have just 2 more queries, will you please answer these.
1. In the "Application for study permit" form, in the field of "funds available for my stay", should I write 10,000 GIC amount? Or do I have to write more as my course is of 2 year duration and its total cost is $40,000 including tuition+room & board+other.

2. I have got LOA for Jan 2020 intake. But still I haven't paid GIC payment, which I'll pay within a week. So in that tight schedule, can I apply for Jan entry?OR Should I have to defer my intake?
1) write the funds you have available including the GIC amount so the money your sponsor or you currently have in your bank account plus the GIC amount write that
2) do it fast it takes quite sometime to get the GIC i just got it last night i am also applying for jan 2020 intake i will apply today fingers crossed the processing is fast

Rimshajameel001

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
Last time I got my visa rejection for September intake , then i got my passport renewal
Now i want to apply for jan intake and i want to know that
will my biometric remain valid after renewal of my passport

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Last time I got my visa rejection for September intake , then i got my passport renewal
Now i want to apply for jan intake and i want to know that
will my biometric remain valid after renewal of my passport
Biometrics are valid for 10 years if you have previously applied you will have UCI number make sure when filling the form you enter that number wherever it asks for it and that should be enough you dont need to give your biometrics again

Asad_rauf06

Nov 8, 2019
Hey did you get any confirmation from them that the money has been received by them? I wired transfer on 8th nov and i still haven't got any updates
Hi
I am going through the same situation. I sent my wire transfer from bank alfalah on 8th November to Scotiabank and yet haven't received any acknowledgement yet. I have some queries:
I sent the wire transfer from my father's foreign currency account because I'm not a filer. Will they accept it?
How long will they take to send investment directions?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi
I am going through the same situation. I sent my wire transfer from bank alfalah on 8th November to Scotiabank and yet haven't received any acknowledgement yet. I have some queries:
I sent the wire transfer from my father's foreign currency account because I'm not a filer. Will they accept it?
No they probably wont money from joint account with parents or your personal foreign account will be accepted
Since you wired the money on 8th november it should have reached there by now and you should have received and email stating your money was rejected in your secure email account check it if you haven't already
If you dont have received any email go to your bank and ask them whether the money has been accepted if they say yes then you are in luck scotia bank has accepted your payment and you should receive your GIC within a few days i received mine last night

Asad_rauf06

Nov 8, 2019
No they probably wont money from joint account with parents or your personal foreign account will be accepted
Since you wired the money on 8th november it should have reached there by now and you should have received and email stating your money was rejected in your secure email account check it if you haven't already
If you dont have received any email go to your bank and ask them whether the money has been accepted if they say yes then you are in luck scotia bank has accepted your payment and you should receive your GIC within a few days i received mine last night
Did you also open a joint foreign currency account? If yes then please guide me about the procedure.
Your help is and will be appreciated. Thanks

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Did you also open a joint foreign currency account? If yes then please guide me about the procedure.
Your help is and will be appreciated. Thanks
No i had to became a filer with my brother as a sponsor and then send the money through my personal account
If you are applying for jan intake i think its too late to do anything if it is possible defer your classes to September intake and become a filer because it takes quite sometime (it took me 2 months) and then send the money to scotia bank make sure you fill the form exactly as they have described one mismatch of address or name and your money will be rejected best of luck
Email me if you need more help
Piraizaz5@gmail.com