+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant after COPR and PPR

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,
It will be great if anybody could help or advise here, I have been writing to CIC using the web form and most of the replies are of no use. MY COPR expired Jan 6, 2021, and my child was born Dec 29 2020, of course because of pandemic and pregnancy we did not travel to Canada for the first landing. Now I m trying to add my child and have been requesting cic for steps but I keep getting some standard reply like this,

I also see the last line bolded here, saying " maybe impossible to add a remember if a final decision has already been made" ?

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
I logged in to the portal and there is no way to submit any additional document as my status is approved.

I am confused on what to do now, do you know if there is any way we could call and reach cic directly?
Appreciate any suggestions and what to do next...

Thank you so much

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Hi,
It will be great if anybody could help or advise here, I have been writing to CIC using the web form and most of the replies are of no use. MY COPR expired Jan 6, 2021, and my child was born Dec 29 2020, of course because of pandemic and pregnancy we did not travel to Canada for the first landing. Now I m trying to add my child and have been requesting cic for steps but I keep getting some standard reply like this,

I also see the last line bolded here, saying " maybe impossible to add a remember if a final decision has already been made" ?

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
I logged in to the portal and there is no way to submit any additional document as my status is approved.

I am confused on what to do now, do you know if there is any way we could call and reach cic directly?
Appreciate any suggestions and what to do next...

Thank you so much
Hello,

Your only way is to raise a webform and inform them about the situation and that you want to add your child. You can only upload documents once they re-open your case. In my opinion, the last line you are talking about only refers to the case you finalized your application and became a permanent resident by completing the landing formalities. As of the situation now, you should be able to add your baby to the application by raising a webform.

Reactions: prrem1

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you @Kassim213 appreciate your reply. Yes I have raised another request again and now they have come back saying

-----
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Birth_certificate.pdf

"We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."
----

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

Hope this helps people in similar situation,

I received am update from IRCC and they have finally reopened my case (it will be same portal where the final application decision that was made). The letter had details on documents that is required to add the dependent child and the option to upload documents were included.

My medicals expired but they still have not asked medical for me or for my spouse (perhaps they may update once the dependent application is completed). For now only my child medicals were requested and they sent the IME number and documents needed for the medicals and it is exactly the same process except no blood work required for children.

List of documents,

1) Birth Certificate copy
2) Passport copy (just the photo page and amendment page if any)
3) Passport Photo to be uploaded
4) Proof of funds
5) Forms for dependent and generic IMM008 & IMM5406
6) Payment receipt (it was $225 for Express Entry applications to add a child)

Once above documents are uploaded, then they will open the option to upload medicals for the child (so you do not need to rush for medicals)

Timeline
It took approximately 4 months of following up with IRCC using the webform before reaching this stage. Initially contacted IRCC in early Jan 2021 and Application was re-opened on April 23 2021.

Will keep posted on the subsequent steps and timeline.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: hummingbird98

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Hi prrem1,

Thank you so much for following up on this thread and keeping us updated. I’m due to deliver in September 2021, and we raised a webform in Feb this year to allow us to keep our application open until after the birth of the child so we can add him/her (this was after PPR was sent to us in dec 2020). They responded and sent our passports back without the COPR and indirectly told us to let them know when the child is born.

I think you will not be asked to re-do medicals, IMO. They would have said so by now otherwise.

Please keep us posted going forward as well. I will do the same.

Hi All,

Hope this helps people in similar situation,

I received am update from IRCC and they have finally reopened my case (it will be same portal where the final application decision that was made). The letter had details on documents that is required to add the dependent child and the option to upload documents were included.

My medicals expired but they still have not asked medical for me or for my spouse (perhaps they may update once the dependent application is completed). For now only my child medicals were requested and they sent the IME number and documents needed for the medicals and it is exactly the same process except no blood work required for children.

List of documents,

1) Birth Certificate copy
2) Passport copy (just the photo page and amendment page if any)
3) Passport Photo to be uploaded
4) Proof of funds
5) Forms for dependent and generic IMM008 & IMM5406
6) Payment receipt (it was $225 for Express Entry applications to add a child)

Once above documents are uploaded, then they will open the option to upload medicals for the child (so you do not need to rush for medicals)

Timeline
It took approximately 4 months of following up with IRCC using the webform before reaching this stage. Initially contacted IRCC in early Jan 2021 and Application was re-opened on April 23 2021.

Will keep posted on the subsequent steps and timeline.

Thanks,

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi prrem1,

Thank you so much for following up on this thread and keeping us updated. I’m due to deliver in September 2021, and we raised a webform in Feb this year to allow us to keep our application open until after the birth of the child so we can add him/her (this was after PPR was sent to us in dec 2020). They responded and sent our passports back without the COPR and indirectly told us to let them know when the child is born.

I think you will not be asked to re-do medicals, IMO. They would have said so by now otherwise.

Please keep us posted going forward as well. I will do the same.
No problem, the least I could do.

Glad they responded and you were able to keep the application open. Yes its so much easy when the application is still in processing status. In my case we had the COPR and could not travel early last year and then due to baby decided not to travel. So the COPR expired this year Jan first week.

Hope they do not ask to redo medicals again but you never know. Mine expired on Jan 2020 I guess, so not sure what they will decide.

But I am relieved that they acknowledged and opened up the application.

I will keep this thread updated, no issue.

Cheers,

Reactions: hummingbird98

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Thanks!

I’ve heard that quite a few ppl were not asked to redo medicals due to the Covid situation but as u said, you never know. It’s such a pain to go through it all again though.

You will probably have to get a fresh PCC if you’re moving from US though, as it expires in 6 months usually.

Good luck with everything

Glad they responded and you were able to keep the application open. Yes its so much easy when the application is still in processing status. In my case we had the COPR and could not travel early last year and then due to baby decided not to travel. So the COPR expired this year Jan first week.

Hope they do not ask to redo medicals again but you never know. Mine expired on Jan 2020 I guess, so not sure what they will decide.

Cheers,

Karan2Fady

Jan 25, 2021
@prrem1
Hi Prem

Congratulations for getting your case reopened. I am also in same boat. Wife delivered on June 7, 2021. COPR expires on June 29, 2021.
I have informed CIC via webform about the birth of new born and we got same standard reply which you got earlier.
How often should we send a webform to get favorable reply from them
Also, I still do not have the baby's birth certificate. Did you attach the birth certificate while informing them via web form?

Thanks
Karan

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
@prrem1
Hi Prem

Congratulations for getting your case reopened. I am also in same boat. Wife delivered on June 7, 2021. COPR expires on June 29, 2021.
I have informed CIC via webform about the birth of new born and we got same standard reply which you got earlier.
How often should we send a webform to get favorable reply from them
Also, I still do not have the baby's birth certificate. Did you attach the birth certificate while informing them via web form?

Thanks
Karan
Hey Congrats on the baby enjoy parenting ! Do not worry about this message, I got the same first time. You can scroll up this thread and track my process. Do the same and you should be good.
Once you have the birth certificate try to upload that along with the web request form again and explain your situation. They will reopen your case and send instruction

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Hi.I am from India..My COPR expires on June 29th 2021.Found out that I am pregnant.Should i raise a webform informing pregnancy to CIC

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Hi.I am from India..My COPR expires on June 29th 2021.Found out that I am pregnant.Should i raise a webform informing pregnancy to CIC

Karan2Fady

Jan 25, 2021
@prrem1

Hi Prem,

My application status has been changed from Approved to Submitted on July 1, 2021 and I received a vague email from IRCC on July 2 saying:

Dear Karan Jain
Kindly upload the following documents to your application through my account on the CIC portal:
· Copy of the birth certificate of the child
· Updated IMM0008 to indicate the child as your dependant
· Updated additional family information for you and your spouse
· Processing fee for your child if accompanying.
· And the proof on undergoing upfront medicals for the child.

Once the documents have been uploaded an officer will review the information and advise you of the next step in processing.

I do not think that the information from this email helps - there is no passport or IMM5406 asked. Also I'm not finding any option to upload my child's documents in CIC portal.

What was the status of your application when it was reopened and where exactly did you upload the documents. Also did they give you any kind of timeline to upload all the documents.

Thank You
Karan

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
@prrem1

Hi Prem,

My application status has been changed from Approved to Submitted on July 1, 2021 and I received a vague email from IRCC on July 2 saying:

Dear Karan Jain
Kindly upload the following documents to your application through my account on the CIC portal:
· Copy of the birth certificate of the child
· Updated IMM0008 to indicate the child as your dependant
· Updated additional family information for you and your spouse
· Processing fee for your child if accompanying.
· And the proof on undergoing upfront medicals for the child.

Once the documents have been uploaded an officer will review the information and advise you of the next step in processing.

I do not think that the information from this email helps - there is no passport or IMM5406 asked. Also I'm not finding any option to upload my child's documents in CIC portal.

What was the status of your application when it was reopened and where exactly did you upload the documents. Also did they give you any kind of timeline to upload all the documents.

Thank You
Karan

Please scroll up and read my post on the process and progress.
Yes mine changed from Approved to Submitted. You will need to upload the documents as you did before i.e through the portal. Check your documents section.

If you are not able to upload, use the webform and inform them saying you do not see option to upload. Yes they will request you to upload the passport as well in the upload document request. Yes there were some timeline to upload, I think about 1 month.

janak_j

Aug 30, 2021

Cheers,
Hey @prrem1 .. Can you let me know when was the very first COPR issued to you and when it expired? Also, Are you based out of US? In our case, my COPR had expired on June 2020 due to COVID and subsequently a fresh COPR was issued with new expiry date of May 2022. We are planning for a baby simultaneously and wanted to understand if we can still ask them to give more time so that we can deliver in India itself before moving for good. Let me know .

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey @prrem1 .. Can you let me know when was the very first COPR issued to you and when it expired? Also, Are you based out of US? In our case, my COPR had expired on June 2020 due to COVID and subsequently a fresh COPR was issued with new expiry date of May 2022. We are planning for a baby simultaneously and wanted to understand if we can still ask them to give more time so that we can deliver in India itself before moving for good. Let me know .

Hey there, my first COPR expired on Jan 2021. Yes, I am based out of the US. The last reply I got from them was 'we have received your documents and we will get back in touch for more information if needed". I think this was in late April or May this year.
Your case is quite tricky because you are wife is not currently pregnant and COPR expiry is next year May 2022, so you have a lot of time and the borders are opened and you still can travel. I am not sure how this will work, I would suggest do not reach out to IRCC until your wife is pregnant. Another option would be, you guys travel and get the PR first if you are in US, since US born would not need a visa in any case. You can always take the child with you to Canada if you plan to move in future and then applying for PR.