+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant after COPR and PPR

mapledream19

Sep 27, 2019
Hi guys,

I recently got the COPR and passport stamped with PPR on 8 Sep, 2019, in India. The processing office was New Delhi Visa office, India.

Both our Visas expire on 28 Jan 2020.

My application consists of me and my wife,
Iam the principal applicant.

My wife is 4 weeks pregnant, expected date of delivery is around May 2020. The doctor has advised against any travel, hence we landing by the visa expiry date of 28 Jan, 2020 looks unlikely.

I want to get your opinion on the options I have thought of, and suggestions:

1. I land alone, get PR card. Later, I sponsor my wife and child, after birth in India.

2. I somehow land along with wife, get delivery of baby done in Canada.

3. I inform CIC about the pregnancy situation. Coz in the PPR email, they asked to inform them of change in circumstances - Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

Will they put our file on hold and later reopen the file to get baby added to existing application?

Iam personally preferring option 3.

Please advise.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I recently got the COPR and passport stamped with PPR on 8 Sep, 2019, in India. The processing office was New Delhi Visa office, India.

My wife is 4 weeks pregnant, expected date of delivery is around May 2020. The doctor has advised against any travel, hence we landing by the visa expiry date of 28 Jan, 2020 looks unlikely.

1. I land alone, get PR card. Later, I sponsor my wife and child, after birth in India.

3. I inform CIC about the pregnancy situation. Coz in the PPR email, they asked to inform them of change in circumstances - Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

Will they put our file on hold and later reopen the file to get baby added to existing application?

Please advise.

Thanks
You can try to ask IRCC to delay the app because of the pregnancy but they might not. That early in the pregnancy, there isn't really any medical reason a doctor could give to avoid travel. It's perfectly safe. Any conditions that may prevent travel generally develop later on.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that you are likely fine to travel. Perhaps you may want to wait until you have finished the 1st trimester if you have had numerous miscarriages but otherwise it is fine. You will have to look into insurance options because some provinces have a 3 month waiting period until you get coverage.

mapledream19

Sep 27, 2019
Agree that you are likely fine to travel. Perhaps you may want to wait until you have finished the 1st trimester if you have had numerous miscarriages but otherwise it is fine. You will have to look into insurance options because some provinces have a 3 month waiting period until you get coverage.
How long does child sponsorship usually take? Do I have to stay in Canada during the entire duration?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @mapledream19 ,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I received my PPR email on Oct 7. However, we are expecting our first child in April 2020. So, I'm thinking if I should inform IRCC about pregnancy through a CSE and ask for an extension.

Please let me know as to which option you chose, that would be really helpful!

Regards,
Umamaheswar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @mapledream19 ,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I received my PPR email on Oct 7. However, we are expecting our first child in April 2020. So, I'm thinking if I should inform IRCC about pregnancy through a CSE and ask for an extension.

Please let me know as to which option you chose, that would be really helpful!

Regards,
Umamaheswar
No need to inform CIC. There are no extension for pregnancy. When does your COPR expire?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
No need to inform CIC. There are no extension for pregnancy. When does your COPR expire?
I received my PPR email yesterday - haven't sent our passports for stamping yet. The PPR email explicitly stated that even a pregnancy needs to be communicated to IRCC. Hence asking.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received my PPR email yesterday - haven't sent our passports for stamping yet. The PPR email explicitly stated that even a pregnancy needs to be communicated to IRCC. Hence asking.
Then follow the instructions. CIC doesn’t provide extension for pregnancy especially with a due date so far away. Expiry date usually coincides with 1 year from your medical.

rohitcem

Feb 11, 2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
@mapledream19 @maheshmit

I too am in similar situation. Got COPR. Wife is pregnant. I hv updated to IRCC about pregnancy and in their rply they mentioned that if we want to deliver baby in Canada then there is no action required at our end.

What option you r thinking??

I am thinking of getring baby delivered in india and then later sponsor child and complete soft landing before copr expires