+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the chance of being denied a PRTD.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
She can visit us ONLY during school holidays. And that's a very short time to get a PRTD.
And in my country for PRTD you have to pay the amount multiplied by 10.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Yes, everything I wrote is true.
I would be very grateful if you could find a lawyer in Vancouver who would agree to write a warning letter to IRCC for $ 200-400.
Why should I pay a lot of money for something that is supposed to be free and according to the law?
If Canada doesn't need people like teachers at school, my daughter will turn around and go back to us.
She has a place to live. Trust me, we have a job for her and everything she needs to live. She did not come to Canada from the jungle.
There are people who rush into battle until the end.
And there are others.
If Canada does not want such educated people as a daughter, then she does not need Canada either.
My daughter will not crawl on her knees and beg for help; I do this in her place.
But one day she will just get tired of it - she will turn around and leave.
I am a US Citizen. I have got PR in Canada, but I couldn't get a job in Canada. So, I simply turned around and decided to stay in the US. I am still Canadian PR (until stripped of the status by CIC or decide to formally renounce it), but for all practical purposes I may never be able to live in Canada as PR in future (if I ever cross the border they will probably ask me about RO, report a breach and order me deported). Anyway, this is my response to "she has a place to live". I also have a place to live and am not hailing from a "jungle". But, to sum it all up, it's irrelevant to the question you asked about PR card application.

As to finding attorney in Vancouver, I am sorry but I will not do that. It's your daughter. It's your or your daughter's responsibility to find a lawyer, in Vancouver or anywhere, and then negotiate the rate charged (if you decide to hire one). I raised my kids and never asked anyone to do anything for them. Neither should you.

Finally, this is not a matter of what Canada wants. I personally felt Canada didn't need me and I had no problem with that. I don't need Canada either. I just felt it was wrong for Canada to advertise and grant PR status to people she didn't really need. May be she should admit half the people she currently admits, or less. And if she still decides to bring in hundreds of thousands of skilled PRs, fine, but it's unfair to impose the RO restrictions upon people who can't get a skilled job there.

But that's not the issue your daughter has. Her issue is that she applied for PR card and IRCC never processed her application. As such, she can do one of two things: wait indefinitely for IRCC to process her application. Or. if she is absolutely sure she is entitled to it, consider filing WOM in Federal court and force IRCC discharge its' duty. As I noted, she doesn't have to have an attorney to file WOM, she can do it on her own, as did some of our military men who knew they deserved to become US citizens, but had no means to hire private counsel.

And anything else you bring up is just irrelevant and is a subject for a different conversation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She can visit us ONLY during school holidays. And that's a very short time to get a PRTD.
And in my country for PRTD you have to pay the amount multiplied by 10.
Can she enter USA? She can then cross land border, no prtd needed.

Note, you started this thread asking would she get a prtd. Now you're saying it's too long and expensive. You're moving the goalposts such that no one can really suggest anything except wait.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
I think there is one more way. Just fill in another new set of documents to renew the Pr card.
There will be new information with the required number of days, new photos.
Everything will be clear, it is clear that she has all the required days for the last 5 years.
And what will they do in Sydney?
One out of two.
Either they will see that everything is already in order and issue a card, or they will send the package agen to Vancouver.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Can she enter USA?
No, she does not have a U.S. visa.
In my country, the US Embassy refuses to obtain a visa for young people and not married. (For fear that in this way people will remain forever illegal in US)
But for those who reside permanently in Canada (upon presentation of the Prcard, they are immediately given a visa without questions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think there is one more way. Just fill in another new set of documents to renew the Pr card.
There will be new information with the required number of days, new photos.
Everything will be clear, it is clear that she has all the required days for the last 5 years.
And what will they do in Sydney?
One out of two.
Either they will see that everything is already in order and issue a card, or they will send the package agen to Vancouver.
See my post above about withdrawing and re-applying.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Explain what it means- withdrawing and re-applying. ?
And if you don't withdrawing? and just send a new application form.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Explain what it means- withdrawing and re-applying. ?
And if you don't withdrawing? and just send a new application form.
Withdraw is the term for how an applicant requests to cancel their application (only the applicant can do so).

I don't believe ircc will accept a new application if one is already in process, which is why the procedure for withdrawing an application exists.

Re-applying = submit a new revised application.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
This is a real crazy house.
In any case, to consider the old application, they will need new information, new photos.New number of days, residence addresses, and so on..
They must have updated documents on the basis of which the card will be issued.
So why not consider everything new in a new package?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is a real crazy house.
In any case, to consider the old application, they will need new information, new photos.New number of days, residence addresses, and so on..
They must have updated documents on the basis of which the card will be issued.
So why not consider everything new in a new package?
I don't understand what you're saying.

If she withdraws her current application and then makes a new application , the new application is a new application with new info.

Nothing crazy about it at all.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
I will explain.
Suppose the daughter does not withdraw her old application.
The immigration officer will require new information for consideration (number of days in Canada, place of residence, etc.(after all, more than 2 years have passed since the date of the application.)
And all this is already ready-made in the new package of documents.
Therefore, I did not understand - for what need withdraws ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I will explain.
Suppose the daughter does not withdraw her old application.
The immigration officer will require new information for consideration (number of days in Canada, place of residence, etc.(after all, more than 2 years have passed since the date of the application.)
And all this is already ready-made in the new package of documents.
Therefore, I did not understand - for what need withdraws ?
IRCC won't consider the new application unless she withdraws the first application.

Reactions: armoured

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
If you want to go the writ of mandamus route, it will cost you a few thousand.
Not if you do it on your own, Pro Se, as many people did.

In case if one is fortunate and can afford hiring private attorney, yes, it does cost the money (not necessarily thousands of dollars) to hire one ,
no surprise there. And as with anything in life , you should put on scales the cost and benefit of spending your money on one or another thing. Nothing is free in life, legal services are no exception. And anyone obsessed with money spent on attorney should also be mindful of enduring mental anguish with no end at sight, those have huge tolls and costs. Sometimes, spending thousands of dollars on attorney can save a lot of pain and lift the spirit, and one could make plenty more money with less pain and better mood.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not if you do it on your own, Pro Se, as many people did.

In case if one is fortunate and can afford hiring private attorney, yes, it does cost the money (not necessarily thousands of dollars) to hire one ,
no surprise there. And as with anything in life , you should put on scales the cost and benefit of spending your money on one or another thing. Nothing is free in life, legal services are no exception. And anyone obsessed with money spent on attorney should also be mindful of enduring mental anguish with no end at sight, those have huge tolls and costs. Sometimes, spending thousands of dollars on attorney can save a lot of pain and lift the spirit, and one could make plenty more money with less pain and better mood.
I should have been more specific, I meant if someone wants to go the mandamus route with a lawyer. I was responding to the OP's posting regarding wanting a "warning letter" for $200 to $400 from a lawyer.

Based on the posts I've seen here over the years, mandamus seems to be in the $2,000 to $3,000 range (i.e. doing it with a laywer).

Agreed this is a good investment depending on what someone's priorities are.

Ultimately the OP's call. Or really the OP's daughter's call based on her priorities.