+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Hello All,
I am new to this forum. I would like to know if my MBA (2 years Distance education) from Sikkim Manipal University - India, eligible for ECA., will WES recognize it.?
Has anybody got ECA done fro this university recently. Your urgent reply will be appreciated.

Thank You
Jdsouza
Hi Jdsouza,

What is your ECA status? Did your SMU MBA degree get recognized by IQAS and got results yet?

Nick

sahil678

May 30, 2018
Hi, I need a small help..in a bit of a situation.

Two years ago I had got my ECA from WES but unfortunately only the bachelors got recognized but not my two years masters diploma.

Now on my consultants advise, I am getting my ECA for the two years masters diploma from IQAS.
  • Has anyone had an experience like this where their degree/masters wasn't recognized by WES but was recognized by IQAS thereby securing a higher CRS score?
  • Can I submit my ECA from two different bodies ie WES (for bachelors) & IQAS (for masters, if it goes through!)?
Thanks in advance!
I am in a similar situation, I have received an email from WES.

World Education Services (WES) can evaluate your Bachelor of Computer Application from Panjab University. However, WES does not evaluate study from Punjab Technical University.

Please contact us at https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/ as soon as possible and confirm if you would like us to proceed with your evaluation report, or if you want us to cancel your application and refund your fee. Please select question category “WES correspondence/documents” for your response."

Were you able to get any solution here?

Your evaluation is on hold until we hear from you. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
My PGDM was not recognized by WES (one of the top 25 institution in India). Anyways, can someone pl. suggest if it is worth trying with IQAS? I am losing lot of points as my PGDM is not being considered and only my engineering has been taken into account :(

Thanks!
@VISHAN78, on what grounds, they have rejected your WES evaluation for PGDM? and did you try with IQAS later? Did it go through? I also hold PGDBA and my processing is going on with WES and currently on hold for verification with university. Curious to know.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
  • Has anyone had an experience like this where their degree/masters wasn't recognized by WES but was recognized by IQAS thereby securing a higher CRS score? - Yes, For example, SMU degrees are not accept by WES but IQAS evaluate.
  • Can I submit my ECA from two different bodies ie WES (for bachelors) & IQAS (for masters, if it goes through!)? - Yes you can submit.
hi @arindam.d, does IQAS expect the degree certificate to be produced. don't they perform evaluations with provisional certificate like WES?

Bianka

Feb 9, 2018
Hello, I have a question about sending the documents to IQAS. My college says they will not send their envelope, so can I put my envelope and theirs inside of one bigger envelope and send it to IQAS?

Silvester

Nov 16, 2018
W
Thanks for the input @iphie28.

Even I am planning to apply with IQAS just because they have a shorter time frame. By the way is it mandatory that the transcripts be sent directly to IQAS by the issuing institution? Actually, I already have my transcripts from the University - sealed and signed across the envelope's back flap. Would it hold good if I just send them these sealed envelopes? I know it is possible with WES but not sure about IQAS.
Whether you got IQAS?

Silvester

Nov 16, 2018
Just for your info. Here are the timelines for me and spouse:
This will give you a rough idea of what you may expect.

Me
Application delivered- 20MAR
Email received - 30MAR
Unviersity documents delivered - 24APR
Email recived - 15MAY
Final Assessment received - in processing

Spouse:
Application delivered- 03MAR
Email received - 15MAR
Unviersity documents delivered - 18MAR
Email recived - 29MAR
Final Assessment received - 2MAY
Is this for WES or IQAS?

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Is WES equivalency tool the same as the final result?

I checked a university in WES tool and it shows MBA as PG Diploma but in the case of an ECA, a person got it written as equal to Masters.

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi Guys. I have done my ECA with WES already. But my PG Diploma from Symbiosis is not recognised in WES. I'm planning to apply for IQAS. Any suggestions? Which one can I choose from IQAS & ICAS?

Aliemli

Jan 26, 2019
Hi evry1...i sent my papers for evaluation at WES for 1 year Post Graduate diploma in advertising and marketing from YMCA IMSIT new delhi. WES evaluation report says that it is from an unrecognised institution. has any1 faced a similar situation like this? will submitting documents to IQAS help in claiming credit points for this?

Shaan.T

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

I have done my 4 year B.tech from Kerala University. And 2 year full-time MBA from National Institute of Technology(NIT), Calicut. I used free WES Degree Equivalency Tool, and I was shocked to find out that my MBA as 1 year post graduate diploma. Will it change to masters in WES real assessment or not? Is there anybody out there who had faced similar situation with 2 year MBA from any of the NITs. Or should I go for IQAS for my ECA. Kindly advise me .
Hi Sameer, i am also in the similar situaton. can u pls tell me if your MBA was recognised as Masters in the report by WES.

Gsinghsaran

Feb 6, 2019
Hlo everyone
Please anyone tell me how much time IQES take to do ECA
They just sent me first email on NOv 7 and I am still waiting for my 2nd email which will tell me that my documents arrived
I tracked documents by my university which was arrived on IQES office on DEC 4
Now almost two months are over
It’s still showing my status waiting for documents
Please reply if anyone know about their process