+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

lbg8983

Feb 1, 2018
Hi evry1...i sent my papers for evaluation at WES for 1 year Post Graduate diploma in advertising and marketing from YMCA IMSIT new delhi. WES evaluation report says that it is from an unrecognised institution. has any1 faced a similar situation like this? will submitting documents to IQAS help in claiming credit points for this?
Try IQAS

lbg8983

Feb 1, 2018
Hello, I have a question about sending the documents to IQAS. My college says they will not send their envelope, so can I put my envelope and theirs inside of one bigger envelope and send it to IQAS?
Hi Bianka, I had the same situation as yours, the University did not send directly to IQAS, So I did it. It took them 2 to 3 months before they released the assessment.

Reactions: Bianka

lbg8983

Feb 1, 2018
Hlo everyone
Please anyone tell me how much time IQES take to do ECA
They just sent me first email on NOv 7 and I am still waiting for my 2nd email which will tell me that my documents arrived
I tracked documents by my university which was arrived on IQES office on DEC 4
Now almost two months are over
It’s still showing my status waiting for documents
Please reply if anyone know about their process
Hi, do not worry I got mine in the timeframe of 2 to 3 months.

jsharma.js624

May 23, 2018
Hello Friends,

I have done my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering of 3 years from a Govt Institute from INDIA.

I got my ECA from WES saying Two years post secondary diploma.

Should i go for ECA from IQAS so that they can give me proper ECA for my education as it should be equivalent to 3 years bachelors or 3 years diploma?

Looking for positive responses.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rahul giri

Raoulcaro

May 21, 2019
Hi evry1...i sent my papers for evaluation at WES for 1 year Post Graduate diploma in advertising and marketing from YMCA IMSIT new delhi. WES evaluation report says that it is from an unrecognised institution. has any1 faced a similar situation like this? will submitting documents to IQAS help in claiming credit points for this?
Hi Aliemli,
Did you try IQAS? I'm in a similar situation. Would love to hear your feedback.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Hey guys,

Question for all our friends here, I am about to send in my application for IQAS evaluation for PR. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I have a BSc and MSc from the University of Calcutta and unfortunately, they do not send transcripts directly. I do have them in a sealed envelope with the University stamp. So for a complete IQAS application, the following are required:

1) IQAS online application form
2) Checklist you get after you fill out the form
3) Transcript in sealed envelope
4) Photocopies of BSc and MSc degree certificates (these do not need to be notarized)
5) Proof of identification (copy of my passport)

All the above go in a single sealed envelope and this is all that is sent for evaluation. Am I doing this right?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Iyah

Jul 13, 2019
Please help. When I tried to check the equivalency of my education in WES canada website, it showed that it is only equivalent to 2years. In fact I finished a 4yrs bachelor degree and my school in Philippines is listed. While in WES USA it is equivalent to 4yrs.
I will apply for Canada's express entry. would it have the same result as the one showing in the result in the web if I will go for WES.
How about IQAS?

Reactions: gurinderjit kaur

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Please help. When I tried to check the equivalency of my education in WES canada website, it showed that it is only equivalent to 2years. In fact I finished a 4yrs bachelor degree and my school in Philippines is listed. While in WES USA it is equivalent to 4yrs.
I will apply for Canada's express entry. would it have the same result as the one showing in the result in the web if I will go for WES.
How about IQAS?
Hi
I did 3 years degree from india and in WES equivalency it showed 3 year diploma, but when i send all my documents to WES, they actually give me 3 years bachelor in canada equivalency.

tusharinani

Jul 18, 2019
Hello Everyone

I have done my Executive MBA through Indian School of Business Management (Mumbai-India) year 2007-2009.
This is part time and distance education.
Not listed with WES
My Bachelors are verified by WES.
I am running short of 02 points to apply and wondering if IQAS can verify my EMBA so that I can get 02 more points to qualify.
I do not see any list of recognized universities in IQAS, if there is please guide me.
Also guide process to apply and get ECA done through IQAS (if I do go ahead)
Hi,

Just wanted to check if you applied through IQAS and what was the evaluation from them for your excutive mba. I am facing the same dilemma having executive diploma from NMIMS university and WES have considered it as not masters, so was thinking to go through IQAS.

preet107guru

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

I need support from you for below clarification.

I have four degree/diploma/certificate:
1. Three year graduation degree from Delhi University
2. Two year distance learning PGDBM from SCDL, Pune
3. One year PGCHRM from XLRI
4. Six month full time certificate course from IIM, Indore

Please confirm if any of these would make me eligible for category of 'Master's Degree' in Education section of CRS. If yes, do I send ECA to WES or

Seema Alagh

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am about to apply for my ECA through WES.

I have a PGDBA from SCDL (2006 -2008) batch and awarded in the year 2011. Also, when I entered the info in the WES profile, SCDL does appear. So, should I assume that they recognize this institute. Also, can we call up WES and check with them for this information. Pls do help me with my queries.

Has anyone rec'd a positive assessment thru WES for this course

If not, can I apply for my assessment of BMS thru WES and PGDBA thru IQAS or should it be from one agency only.

AnnaCan

Aug 16, 2019
I posted this response under a different thread but want to share my experience here again because more people should be aware of this:

I was dissatisfied with WES because it had taken too long, they constantly missed documents (had to resend many times), and the agents are not responsible.

First, the official timeline to finish an evaluation is NOT 7 business days anymore, but 35 business days.

Second, everything was SLOW. I had to mail my transcripts twice and send e-documents four times because the system said my documents were missing. I wrote four times to the customer service for help with finding the documents, but nobody really took care of it (I either received no response or was told again that the documents were missing). Review took more than one month - it's already two days after the due date but the status is still "in progress". They were pretty quick at receiving money, though. Charge is very high and not worthy.

If you are in a hurry, go somewhere else.

Jul 21, 2019
Hello friends, after reading reviews from there I applied for equality certificate from IQAS on 24th July 2019,, same day I sent fee and documents verified by HEC in sealed envelope. But after more than 2 months, only submitted is written on my application status. Can anyone guide me, how to contact them for processing of my application.