+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Kevinjscaria1

Nov 22, 2018
Mine too in hold and waiting for reverification from RGUHS. Should I need to do anything? Should I contact RGUHS? Please let me know! Appreciate your time in advance

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
And, here is the mail that was sent by IMT to WES and is a recommended response in case you can persuade your issuing institution to do the same for your case:

To: 1@wes.org*
Subject: Verification Request - Reference #XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Director of Evaluations,

We appreciate the additional verification process introduced to ensure that candidatesonly submit authorised documents.

In this case, we are pleased to confirm theauthenticity of the documents provided to us as an attachment - both the transcript as well as the diploma.

Kindly proceed with the evaluation of theconcerned candidate (C, AB) based on our confirmation for Reference #XXXXXXXXX.

I am appending the email received by IMT (‘REQUEST FOR DOCUMENT VERIFICATION’) as a final step to facilitate the recording and processing of our confirmation against said candidate.

VDR email appended

Unquote

*NOTE: In most cases nowadays, the ID being used is verifca8@wes.org, so please confirm with your issuing institution and ensure that the response is being sent to the relevant ID for YOUR case.
Hi,

In the body of the mail from WES, they clearly states the instructions such as:
-Inclusion of WES reference in the body of mail while replying
-Reply via mail, fax or post and they mention their mail id, fax number and postal address

in my case the mail was- verifca8@wes.org

baggy

Aug 21, 2018
Hi, the status on my WES account is on hold. Both my degrees Bachelor's and Master's are awarded by the University of Mumbai. Since 11-Sept-2018, the status has been on hold because a verification request has been sent to the University of Mumbai for my Master's degree. The Bachelor's degree got accepted. Does anyone know who can one check with for the verification bit at the University of Mumbai? Also which campus Kalina or Fort? Do they reply to emails at all? Please suggest solutions. My application has been under review since July 2018.

Hello,
Were you able to get any further on this?
I've received the same response and WES is saying there is nothing I need to do.
Considering the way things move at Mumbai University, I am skeptical even if they will be able to find this query from WES :(

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello,
I've received the same response and WES is saying there is nothing I need to do.
Considering the way things move at Mumbai University, I am skeptical even if they will be able to find this query from WES :(
Hi

In one other thread, anshami has explained in detail about the verification process by Mumbai University.

Only caveat. He has done for degree certificates of 1997 and 1999. And have read somewhere that process for more than 10 years certificate is lil different from less than 10 years old ones

Reactions: baggy

baggy

Aug 21, 2018
Hi

In one other thread, anshami has explained in detail about the verification process by Mumbai University.

Only caveat. He has done for degree certificates of 1997 and 1999. And have read somewhere that process for more than 10 years certificate is lil different from less than 10 years old ones
Thank you for your reply.
Will check!

teekay1990

Sep 29, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2019
Hello,

My status has been changed to On hold twice. I had called up WES to understand the cause of this situation and they told me that the wordings in the verification email received by them from my university are not exactly what they were expecting. I have seen the mail sent by @Nishika22 's university and have asked them to maintain the same format. Unfortunately, the folks at my university are insisting on replying to WES in their standard format (given below).

At the most, I can ask them to edit a single line in their email format. I have been forwarded the mail format from the university. I fail to understand what is missing in this particular email below and would really appreciate it if someone would suggest edits or point out what may be the missing information that WES is looking out for.

Hoping for a suggestion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To,
The Director of Evaluations,
World Education Services,
2 Carlton Street Suite 1400,
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3,
Canada.

Subject: Confirmation of the Genuineness of Academic Certificate pertaining to ABC. (Ref. No. XXXXXXXXXX).

Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to your letter regarding verification of M.B.A. (International Business) degree programme pertaining to ABC.

ABC has successfully completed Master of Business Administration, a regular degree programme and has secured CGPA 3.221 out of 4.0 from XYZ College, a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune. These documents are authenticated and the degree is conferred on Thirteen December Two Thousand & Fifteen during the Twelfth Convocation of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).

The medium of instruction, examination & evaluation for the above mentioned degree programme was English.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Officiating Controller of Examinations
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ok trying to share some of Nishika's work load here.
@Agarwalparesh26 - The email ID should be there in the email that WES has send out to the university - Just ask them to have a look at the email. If they have not got the email yet- then they cannot do anything. You will have to either find out the email id on which WES has send the request for verification or ask WES to send the email request again through the webform on their website.

Also ensure that when your institute replies back - they have to mention the unique reference number in the body text. All the best
Thanks alot for the reply.

Suppose university has not received the mail and still they reply on my request to wes id which i got fromother thread. Will they consider ?

Also, my university is ready to send post to wes but they have not received any post from wes, so for this case also if my university send sealed markssheet and degree with letter stating it is genuine directly to wes , will they consider ?

I am planning to go to university coming Monday, so want to understand all available options..

Your help is highly appreciated

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thanks alot for the reply.

Suppose university has not received the mail and still they reply on my request to wes id which i got fromother thread. Will they consider ?

Also, my university is ready to send post to wes but they have not received any post from wes, so for this case also if my university send sealed markssheet and degree with letter stating it is genuine directly to wes , will they consider ?

I am planning to go to university coming Monday, so want to understand all available options..

Your help is highly appreciated
No it won’t work. University needs to quote a unique reference number in their reply. How would you find that out if you have not received any communication?

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
No it won’t work. University needs to quote a unique reference number in their reply. How would you find that out if you have not received any communication?
University is saying that they have neither received mail not post.

So i am just evaulating available options. Will they consider postal mail which i mentioned in previous comment. Or it also needs unique reference number ?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018

So i am just evaulating available options. Will they consider postal mail which i mentioned in previous comment. Or it also needs unique reference number ?
Buddy you need that reference number. If your institute has not received it then ask WES to send it again.

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018

Got it.. thanks alot for your reply. Anyways will go there once and check with university people.

Thank you :)

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hello,

My status has been changed to On hold twice. I had called up WES to understand the cause of this situation and they told me that the wordings in the verification email received by them from my university are not exactly what they were expecting. I have seen the mail sent by @Nishika22 's university and have asked them to maintain the same format. Unfortunately, the folks at my university are insisting on replying to WES in their standard format (given below).

At the most, I can ask them to edit a single line in their email format. I have been forwarded the mail format from the university. I fail to understand what is missing in this particular email below and would really appreciate it if someone would suggest edits or point out what may be the missing information that WES is looking out for.

Hoping for a suggestion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To,
The Director of Evaluations,
World Education Services,
2 Carlton Street Suite 1400,
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3,
Canada.

Subject: Confirmation of the Genuineness of Academic Certificate pertaining to ABC. (Ref. No. XXXXXXXXXX).

Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to your letter regarding verification of M.B.A. (International Business) degree programme pertaining to ABC.

ABC has successfully completed Master of Business Administration, a regular degree programme and has secured CGPA 3.221 out of 4.0 from XYZ College, a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune. These documents are authenticated and the degree is conferred on Thirteen December Two Thousand & Fifteen during the Twelfth Convocation of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).

The medium of instruction, examination & evaluation for the above mentioned degree programme was English.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Officiating Controller of Examinations
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Teekay,

I would suggest..don't chase ur university to follow the specific format as they may get offended. Any format would be fine so long as the email is containing ur 10 digit reference number in the email body. The Univ guys can add this line "the candidate' reference number is xxxxxxxxx". The email must talk abt genuiness and correctness and authencity of the documents and you will be all set fine. All the best.

Cheers,
Vikas

teekay1990

Sep 29, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2019
Hi Teekay,

I would suggest..don't chase ur university to follow the specific format as they may get offended. Any format would be fine so long as the email is containing ur 10 digit reference number in the email body. The Univ guys can add this line "the candidate' reference number is xxxxxxxxx". The email must talk abt genuiness and correctness and authencity of the documents and you will be all set fine. All the best.

Cheers,
Vikas
Thanks for your reply, Vikas. I had asked the university to rephrase the point concerning authenticity in their reply to WES, which they sent across yesterday. To my surprise, today morning WES has changed my on hold to in-progress! (we are reviewing your documents) I hope that's a good sign and my case gets closed soon.

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hello,
Hi,
Have you applied for verification at the Kalina campus? You need to ask at the Controller for Examinations department for further details as you will need to pay a fee of around Rs.1000 approx. to get this verification task completed. After this, University people will take around 15-20 working days to reply to WES via email and post both, while confirming the authenticity of your marksheets and degrees. You can check with them after 10 days minimum if they have replied to WES via email atleast, if yes, your status on WES My Account should change to 'In progress'. Hope this helps!

EmmaR

Dec 8, 2017
Does anyone knows whom to contact in delhi university for WES verification mail ? @EmmaR, were u able to get the response.
You need to go to University, there is no other way to contact them. You can go to the Office from Gate 1 where you submit the application for transcripts, they will direct you whom to contact.
No clear response yet. Have submitted the fees too for verification, it is still on hold :-| Delhi University is asking for fees again, saying that they verified the degree and now for transcripts, they need another $100. WES, on the other hand, saying they are still waiting for university's reply. Stuck in loop.

Let me know if you got some update.

Reactions: Nishika22