WES ECA status on Hold

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 Could you please share what was the evaluation given for IMT degree from WES?
Hey @dennis.b.mathew! It was fortunately ranked a masters at the time my husband got it done (3 months ago). There have been changes in the evaluation rules and regulations since, so one can only hope it stays the same and doesn’t drop down to Post Graduate Diploma! WES is also notorious for giving different equivalencies for the same degree at the same institution during the same time period - so we can’t do anything other than keep our fingers crossed ;)

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 Hi, today my brother went to my university to request them to reply on verification email but they said they did not received any email or post from WES for verification. secondly they are jerk when my brother told them to check email in spam folder, they said they don't know if their is any spam folder and they need hard copy with letter for re verification. Do you have any idea how much time post take to deliver in India from WES Canada. are they saending through registered post or normal which is not traceable. thanks to advise
Sorry @jeckscorpian88 - the University seems to be giving you a tough time :( I wouldn’t know the precise time taken by post to India unfortunately - but my ECA report took 10 days to reach from WES Canada to Mauritius, and that was under the UPS delivery option! It is time consuming to do the liaising by snail mail, no doubt, and you might have to wait 20 days to a month for your university to get back to you. Canada post is also on strike btw, dunno if that will affect your timelines too :(

Last edited:

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Nishika...Do you have a sample reference letter that needs to be obtained from company to show our work experience..I do not want to miss any detail..thanks

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Nishika...Do you have a sample reference letter that needs to be obtained from company to show our work experience..I do not want to miss any detail..thanks
Hey, it should have the full name of the company as on the letterhead, duration you’ve worked there, designation(s) held, nature of your employment (full time/part time)/ working hours to evidence same, salary paid/salary slips in lieu thereof and duties under the contract of employment. For the same company, if you had multiple designations, it’s best to list each detail separately (duration worked, salary and duties) - but one consolidated letter should do. It should be on the company letterhead and signed by the supervisor under whom you worked there or the HR personnel. If all these details are mentioned, it’s pretty watertight as a reference letter from the employer :) PS: I believe the duties listed under the contract of employment are the main criteria for requesting a reference letter on CIC’s part - ensure your NOC is chosen in line with the same. Cheers!

HN1259

Sep 14, 2018
Hi,

I am facing a similar issue now. The verification mail has been sent and, as per my university, been replied to. However, WES is yet to acknowledge it. I have requested the university to reply for a second time.

Is this common? Also, is WES more inclined to accept reply when given a second time?

It is 20 days since WES sent a mail and apart from waiting and, repeatedly calling them and requesting the university, there is little I seem to be able to do. What is the maximum time it has taken for some of you to get a reply?

My PG was MBA from a TN university.

jeckscorpian88

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,

I am facing a similar issue now. The verification mail has been sent and, as per my university, been replied to. However, WES is yet to acknowledge it. I have requested the university to reply for a second time.

Is this common? Also, is WES more inclined to accept reply when given a second time?

It is 20 days since WES sent a mail and apart from waiting and, repeatedly calling them and requesting the university, there is little I seem to be able to do. What is the maximum time it has taken for some of you to get a reply?

My PG was MBA from a TN university.
You can ask your university to send the verification by fax and courier if they are not accepting it via email. Also check with university if they are sending the verification on correct email or no, because wes verification comes from automated reply email id and while replying on same it get bounced back.

jeckscorpian88

Aug 30, 2018
Sorry @jeckscorpian88 - the University seems to be giving you a tough time :( I wouldn’t know the precise time taken by post to India unfortunately - but my ECA report took 10 days to reach from WES Canada to Mauritius, and that was under the UPS delivery option! It is time consuming to do the liaising by snail mail, no doubt, and you might have to wait 20 days to a month for your university to get back to you. Canada post is also on strike btw, dunno if that will affect your timelines too :(
Yes, I have checked canada post is on strike and now again i hv requested WES to send the verification by courier and i will bear teh charges. Lets see, figures crossed

HN1259

Sep 14, 2018
You can ask your university to send the verification by fax and courier if they are not accepting it via email. Also check with university if they are sending the verification on correct email or no, because wes verification comes from automated reply email id and while replying on same it get bounced back.
Thanks for the quick reply. The university said they get such requests on a daily basis and reply to them promptly; so I did not check about the address, but will do when I call them the next time.

So the verification mail has a separate email address to which the university has to send the proof?

jeckscorpian88

Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. The university said they get such requests on a daily basis and reply to them promptly; so I did not check about the address, but will do when I call them the next time.

So the verification mail has a separate email address to which the university has to send the proof?
yes, there will be a a specific email on letter. I have seen on one letter they mentioned verifa8@wes.org

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
What will happen if the university is not going to respond any of the mail...Here Anna University is working on paper based. I.am totally losing hopes..It's 3 weeks already and shuttling between university and WES.
Hi Sindhuja,

I am facing the same issue too. Me and my wife got a mail yesterday stating that our evaluation has been put on hold for ‘Verification by the university’. I checked with Anna University today morning but they said they didn’t receive any email from WES. With Canada post on strike, I don’t know when the postal mail will reach the university.

The university officials also mentioned something like ‘WES has to bear the cost for verification’. I am not sure if WES will do that. I thought I will check with the university on this when they receive the mail from WES. If needed, we ourselves can give them the DD and facilitate the process.

I would advise you to be in constant touch with COE. The transcript verification is a different dept and degree verification is a different department (It is behind the transcript section and they’ve assigned an individual for each zone I guess). WES has mentioned that both transcript and degree have to be verified by the university.

Please do keep me posted on any further developments in your case. I will post mine too, if any

Last edited:

Mj89

Sep 21, 2018
Hi, my application has been put on hold. They have sent verification to my institute " Indian institute of foreign trade" and my institute has replied them, yet WES says that we have not received any email from your institute. Please advice what to do.

tailheart

Sep 18, 2018
guys you're amazing, thanks for this post, today I got a positive update from WES.

my application was ON HOLD since June 19

- June 19: 1st verification email sent to my school, didn't know which school email address was reached out. My school was closed on summer semseter. My former tutor kindly provided me an alternative email, I forwarded it to WES. WES replied There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution.

- around August 15: I submitted query again to ask WES to sent email to my tutor, but got the same relpy as abvoe. A few days later, 2nd verification email and regular mail were sent.

- September 6: My school was open for fall semester. I go to twitter. Thank god, WES twitter response very quickly.

- September 12: My tutor recieved email and replied

- September 14: status changed to "We receied your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)"

- September 17: updated again "We receied your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)"

- September 18: status changes to "We are reviewing your evaluation report. Your evaluation is due for completion on 10/9/2018"

September 21-- I got the PDF report toady. much earlier than the due date. and the report result is as goos as I expected. excited!