+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I’d suggest you submit your EE profile and keep your attempts for resolution going on in parallel. After an ITA, you’re allowed 60 days to submit your application, so you really have ample time to arrive at a resolution before you need to finalize your application. In parallel, you can make progress on your journey towards a Canadian PR by arranging for supporting documents as indicated by the system once you submit your EE profile and receive an ITA :)
yes thinking on same line , only little worried that this should not lead to rejection of application at later stage

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
yes thinking on same line , only little worried that this should not lead to rejection of application at later stage
Hmmm, one sure shot way of avoiding that is to compute your score without your wife’s educational credentials but with her IELTS. If you make enough to meet the current CRS threshold for ITA cut-offs, you can move her education to personal history and avoid the need for her ECA report altogether at the ITA stage. Then, if between ITA and PR application, the resolution happens in a timely manner, you can provide her corrected ECA report as an optional document at the point of final docs submission :) On the other hand, if her educational score is necessary for you to meet the cut-off, I’d still recommend you proceed with the application and resolution in parallel, but do find out first how long the resolution is likely to take - at a conservative estimate...

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hmmm, one sure shot way of avoiding that is to compute your score without your wife’s educational credentials but with her IELTS. If you make enough to meet the current CRS threshold for ITA cut-offs, you can move her education to personal history and avoid the need for her ECA report altogether at the ITA stage. Then, if between ITA and PR application, the resolution happens in a timely manner, you can provide her corrected ECA report as an optional document at the point of final docs submission :) On the other hand, if her educational score is necessary for you to meet the cut-off, I’d still recommend you proceed with the application and resolution in parallel, but do find out first how long the resolution is likely to take - at a conservative estimate...
got it...thanks for suggestion

Reactions: Nishika22
May 25, 2018
Hi Guys. So my Evaluation finally came through. It came through as Post Graduate Diploma, so I guess that amounts to a Two or More Degrees Option. The timeline were as follows-

16th July - Documents Received
23rd July - Documents are being reviewed.
8th August - Documents on Hold for Verification
13th August - Verification Mail by university acknowledged
15th August - Documents under verification (completion date given - 5th September)
5th September - Evaluation Completed

Well, I have no words to thank @Nishika22 , @Jaywalker and all the other good people of this thread. This is a really motivating thread to those who hadn't heard about the secondary verification process. Any idea how much time it takes to get PPR after submission of all documents ?

Regards,
Abhilash

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Guys. So my Evaluation finally came through. It came through as Post Graduate Diploma, so I guess that amounts to a Two or More Degrees Option. The timeline were as follows-

16th July - Documents Received
23rd July - Documents are being reviewed.
8th August - Documents on Hold for Verification
13th August - Verification Mail by university acknowledged
15th August - Documents under verification (completion date given - 5th September)
5th September - Evaluation Completed

Well, I have no words to thank @Nishika22 , @Jaywalker and all the other good people of this thread. This is a really motivating thread to those who hadn't heard about the secondary verification process. Any idea how much time it takes to get PPR after submission of all documents ?

Regards,
Abhilash
Yay! So happy to hear your ECA report is in :) Yes, a post graduate diploma would equate the 2 or more degrees option.

First, to get your clock ticking, you would need to complete your EE profile, secure an ITA, then submit all documents within the 60-day deadline. Hope your supporting documents are in place so you can proceed ASAP with docs submission and AOR receipt once you secure an ITA :) To answer your query regarding time taken to get PPR after submission of documents, it seems to have slowed somewhat. Barring a few cases that have gone to Speedy Gonzales Visa Officers, who particularly appear to work out of Ottawa, it is taking the full six months after AOR.

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hello everyone
Here is my timeline:

24th July: Account created
2nd August: UK transcripts reached
30th August: PU transcripts reached
4th September: status: on hold as further verification required from PU
6th September: status: in progress again
10th September: your evaluation report will be ready on 28/09/18

Will I receive the report on the same day. That means I will be able to create an EE profile the same day??
Please confirm

Regards

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hello everyone
Here is my timeline:

24th July: Account created
2nd August: UK transcripts reached
30th August: PU transcripts reached
4th September: status: on hold as further verification required from PU
6th September: status: in progress again
10th September: your evaluation report will be ready on 28/09/18

Will I receive the report on the same day. That means I will be able to create an EE profile the same day??
Please confirm

Regards
Hi @Aksobti, thanks for recording your status and progress to help other candidates :)

The current status seems to indicate that WES is taking a couple of days longer than committed to provide the ECA report. You should have yours latest by 30/09/18 though, so you can certainly expect to start Oct with an EE profile on the system :)

Meanwhile, I'd also suggest you start working on getting together documents such as work reference letters and PCCs from every country you have stayed in longer than six months in a row. Those documents typically take time and there are only 60 days now to submit documents post ITA - down from 90 days when I completed my application.

Cheers and best of luck with the journey to the golden email :)

Reactions: Aksobti

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi @Aksobti, thanks for recording your status and progress to help other candidates :)

The current status seems to indicate that WES is taking a couple of days longer than committed to provide the ECA report. You should have yours latest by 30/09/18 though, so you can certainly expect to start Oct with an EE profile on the system :)

Meanwhile, I'd also suggest you start working on getting together documents such as work reference letters and PCCs from every country you have stayed in longer than six months in a row. Those documents typically take time and there are only 60 days now to submit documents post ITA - down from 90 days when I completed my application.

Cheers and best of luck with the journey to the golden email :)
Thanks for your reply
Is there a validity for police certificate
Please confirm

Rochak007

Jun 20, 2018
Hi,
My status too is put on hold and requesting for further verification from the university.
However, the university is saying they have not received any email and asking me to provide them with an email ID from which WES has sent the verfication email to them.
Is it 1@wes.org??
Or some other email ID?
Basically, by what keywords can they search for that email from WES??

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi,
My status too is put on hold and requesting for further verification from the university.
However, the university is saying they have not received any email and asking me to provide them with an email ID from which WES has sent the verfication email to them.
Is it 1@wes.org??
Or some other email ID?
Basically, by what keywords can they search for that email from WES??
I received mail from this address: auto-sender@wes.org
And reference no is the same as your account no

R.A.G

Jul 6, 2018
Hello there (whoever is from Pune University and WES status is on hold)

My spouse's WES evaluation has been a long story yet to be concluded. But here's some pointers for others who are also stuck.

Documents sent to WES in July 21st.
status on hold on 31st July due to partial documents. we only sent transcript for 4th year (a big mistake)
and the other reason was secondary verification. WES had asked University to verify the transcripts.
Verification sent by University on 10th Sep
Complete transcripts (to be couriered)

In Pune university contact the transcripts department. They now have special instruction for verification as well. you will need to do challan of 165 Rs and get the verification completed. The guys will not contact you and will sit on the email if you don't follow up.
They have standard format and template already prepared for this. but they need the payment and follow up.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thanks for your reply
Is there a validity for police certificate
Please confirm
I think the PCC should be no older than 6 months from the date of issuance when you apply with it on the system. But, please do confirm from the CIC website as well. I submitted mine within a week of issuance so didn’t really need to check validity...

EmmaR

Dec 8, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am also in the same situation, my WES status is "On Hold" since 20th August.

The thing is they have accepted the Masters Degree and Marksheet but sent the Graduation Degree and Marksheet back for verification.
They are from separate universities. Has anyone here contacted Delhi University for this issue?? How can I contact the university as they don't pick up the phone and I am not in Delhi.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Waiting to receive 2 document(s)
University of Delhi, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
Received Documents Awaiting Verification | Details
2. Statement of Marks
Received Documents Awaiting Verification | Details

Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), University Postgraduate Diploma
Accepted
4. Statement of Marks, University Postgraduate Diploma
Accepted