+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Thanks @Jaywalker. Let me call them and check. I am at 8.5 band IELTS already, so not much scope left there. Let's see if they respond timely. They don't reply to email ticket cases before a week these days, though.

So you are at 435 now and 430 in 3 weeks. CRS is unlikely to go down to 435 for next draw. And also unlikely to go down to 430 thereafter for a long time . So if I were in your situation I would try it out with WES for sure. Also see if you can improve IELTS if you have not maxed out already.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thanks @Jaywalker. Let me call them and check. I am at 8.5 band IELTS already, so not much scope left there. Let's see if they respond timely. They don't reply to email ticket cases before a week these days, though.
You may also try getting this degree assessed by CES. They have this expedited service of 5 days. They charge 500$ but you need to convince them with some solid reason. It’s not mentioned on their website but they do have this service. You will have to call them. Given your situation I would give it a shot.

Reactions: Mkface03

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Hearing about CES for the first time. Google throws up multiple sites on CES. Do you mind sharing their website? Will be thankful.
You may also try getting this degree assessed by CES. They have this expedited service of 5 days. They charge 500$ but you need to convince them with some solid reason. It’s not mentioned on their website but they do have this service. You will have to call them. Given your situation I would give it a shot.

May 25, 2018
Hey good People of this thread :) I have been a silent spectator in this thread and thank you for comforting so many of us here, especially @Nishika22 & @Jaywalker, you guys are doing a great job :) I can only imagine the confusion and chaos that you all must have faced at the start of this fiasco.

So evaluation has been put on hold on the 8th of August and my university, Christ University has already replied on their mail with my 10 digit reference number, which they (university folks) say has been replied "long back" by them. So my question here is-

1. Does the University also have to send a Hard Copy signed to WES or just the soft copy email would suffice ?
2. Also, how much time does it take to change the status from "On Hold" to "In Progress", as my university here says that they have replied long back. My evaluation process has started on the 23rd of July.
3. Is there a way I can check with WES if they have received the email from my University ?

Thanks again, you guys are awesome !

Regards,
Abhilash Mohanty

Reactions: Nishika22

sisodia_deep

Aug 10, 2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
Hi @arora_mayank
Thanks for sharing your experience with MDU on verification process. I am sailing in the same boat with WES and MDU. WES issues a VDR for my MBA degree from MDU on August 2nd.

Can you please help me to know who and how to approach in MDU to get this verification done quickly. thank you
Deepak

DSAdsa

Feb 14, 2018
Hey good People of this thread :) I have been a silent spectator in this thread and thank you for comforting so many of us here, especially @Nishika22 & @Jaywalker, you guys are doing a great job :) I can only imagine the confusion and chaos that you all must have faced at the start of this fiasco.

So evaluation has been put on hold on the 8th of August and my university, Christ University has already replied on their mail with my 10 digit reference number, which they (university folks) say has been replied "long back" by them. So my question here is-

1. Does the University also have to send a Hard Copy signed to WES or just the soft copy email would suffice ?
2. Also, how much time does it take to change the status from "On Hold" to "In Progress", as my university here says that they have replied long back. My evaluation process has started on the 23rd of July.
3. Is there a way I can check with WES if they have received the email from my University ?

Regards,
Abhilash Mohanty
Hey I am also facing the same issue here, my university replied on 9 August and still they haven’t updated my status and it still shows on hold. Has your status changed and updated by WES ?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Today I got my WES completed. Thank you so much @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for helping this throughout!

-Credential: Master of Business Administration
-Awarded By: University of Delhi
-Major/Specialization: Business Administration
-Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

I see that my 2 year full time MBA has been taken equivalent to 1 year PG Diploma. Could you share if this impacts the points in Express Entry Profile? Also, what impact does it have, in case I land up in Canada and float my resume. Will I have to show my 2 year MBA as 1 year diploma on my Resume?
Hmmm...WES does appear to have clamped down on MBA degrees/diplomas from India since this verification process has been launched! Tough luck @Mkface03 :(
I'd suggest you use the 'Two or more degrees or diplomas' option by feeding in each credential (bachelors and Post graduate Diploma equivalency) separately. It should give you 7 points less than a masters equivalency on the CRS tool, but will have no impact on your application for a job in Canada as you can continue to show your masters degree as such in your resume. Canadian employers would be more concerned with your actual credentials than how WES views them.

Reactions: Mkface03

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Try this @Mkface03, sounds useful! CES is definitely a good bet as FMS grants a degree and not a diploma, hence getting a masters equivalency should be your right. Raising a ticket with WES in the interim is also a good bet, as the WES equivalency tool shows a full-time 2 year FMS degree as a Masters when you choose the University of Delhi under the institute option for your post graduate MBA qualification.
Sorry to hear you will soon lose 5 points for age, and it is best that you both raise the ticket with WES and try the CES option as @Jaywalker suggests. Cheers and best of luck!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018

Regards,
Abhilash Mohanty
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the kind words and happy to hear you are finding this thread useful :)
Pointwise replies to your queries below:
1. Does the University also have to send a Hard Copy signed to WES or just the soft copy email would suffice? - Just the email should suffice, as long as the 10-digit reference number is quoted and it is clearly mentioned that the provided documents are being verified as accurate and issued by the institution itself.
2. Also, how much time does it take to change the status from "On Hold" to "In Progress", as my university here says that they have replied long back. My evaluation process has started on the 23rd of July. - This seems to be above the usual TAT if your university replied on 23rd July. However, if they are not sure of the timelines, it might be best to ask them for the exact date by requesting them to check their outbox. FYI, the usual TAT is 3-4 working days after the email is sent. At max, it could take a full week, but not more than that at any rate.
3. Is there a way I can check with WES if they have received the email from my University ? - Do call them and ask the customer service representative if such an email has been received. They should be able to reply with a simple yes or no. But, if the mail is not in the correct format, or has been sent to the wrong ID, you would still need to chase with your University to do the needful. Request you to check earlier in this thread for the right format to reply to the WES request, as well as the right ID to reply to (it varies from one candidate to another, but sending a mail to the auto-sender@wes.org ID is a complete NO-NO).

Hope it helps :) Best of luck with moving to an 'In Progress' status and getting your ECA report soon thereafter!

Reactions: abhilash.mohanty9

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone, i am a new member here.
My question to the members here is that if someone from the same University I weny to in India got "Masters equivalent" and others with the same qualification from the same University ends up getting PGDM, don't you think that's a little foolish and we all can email to WES regarding this issue.
How can a degree be clamped down in six months or so.

ans234

Jun 20, 2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
Awesome, I’m eager to know how wes evaluates Mba from Mdu in your case, for my wife they evaluated as of diploma and we lost 7 points.

Please keep me posted

May 25, 2018
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the kind words and happy to hear you are finding this thread useful :)
Pointwise replies to your queries below:
1. Does the University also have to send a Hard Copy signed to WES or just the soft copy email would suffice? - Just the email should suffice, as long as the 10-digit reference number is quoted and it is clearly mentioned that the provided documents are being verified as accurate and issued by the institution itself.
2. Also, how much time does it take to change the status from "On Hold" to "In Progress", as my university here says that they have replied long back. My evaluation process has started on the 23rd of July. - This seems to be above the usual TAT if your university replied on 23rd July. However, if they are not sure of the timelines, it might be best to ask them for the exact date by requesting them to check their outbox. FYI, the usual TAT is 3-4 working days after the email is sent. At max, it could take a full week, but not more than that at any rate.
3. Is there a way I can check with WES if they have received the email from my University ? - Do call them and ask the customer service representative if such an email has been received. They should be able to reply with a simple yes or no. But, if the mail is not in the correct format, or has been sent to the wrong ID, you would still need to chase with your University to do the needful. Request you to check earlier in this thread for the right format to reply to the WES request, as well as the right ID to reply to (it varies from one candidate to another, but sending a mail to the auto-sender@wes.org ID is a complete NO-NO).

Hope it helps :) Best of luck with moving to an 'In Progress' status and getting your ECA report soon thereafter!

Thank you so much @Nishika22 !! Will be calling up WES to check.