+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
My INstitute replied in the following format, and yet WES has put it in "On Hold" and send the verification email again - 4th time now.

"With reference to your mail for document verification of reference number XXXXXXXXXX (Name) addressed to the Registrar/Deputy Registrar, it is certified that the attached documents are authentic, correct and issued by the Institute.

Further please note that the same verification (ref no, XXXXXXXXXX) has been done earlier also, yet we are getting repeated verification requests for the above reference number from your end."

What could be the issue?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
My INstitute replied in the following format, and yet WES has put it in "On Hold" and send the verification email again - 4th time now.

"With reference to your mail for document verification of reference number XXXXXXXXXX (Name) addressed to the Registrar/Deputy Registrar, it is certified that the attached documents are authentic, correct and issued by the Institute.

Further please note that the same verification (ref no, XXXXXXXXXX) has been done earlier also, yet we are getting repeated verification requests for the above reference number from your end."

What could be the issue?
Hi @NiSn, sorry to hear this is the fourth time you are at the mercy of a verification request :( The opening line of the verification response by your issuing institution says:
“...in response to the email addressed to the Registrar/Deputy Registrar”
You can check with your institution as to who is sending the response. It is possible that the ID that received the verification request (of the Registrar/Deputy Registrar) is different from the ID of the person who responded to it (Secretary or Assistant to the concerned Registrar/Deputy Registrar). WES may have become stringent about the ID from which verification responses are received and might not proceed with one that comes from an ID other than the one they sent the actual verification request to.
Do update the thread and keep us in the loop regarding the next steps :) Cheers!

May 25, 2018
My status changed from on hold to we have received your documents and reviewing the same on 13 August 2018.
Hey, so my status has also gone from On Hold to In Progress. But they're showing my tentative date of evaluation on the 5th of September, does it take that much time for evaluation post completion of secondary verification ?

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Friends,
Need some advice on below case:
One of my MBA degree from PTU has been put on hold by WES for verification and since I am not able to resolve this issue , planning to remove this education from assessment , has anybody done this before or any info on how to do. How much time WES will take to assess and generate report for my other degrees which are already accepted by WES
Plz help

Nikher

Aug 20, 2018
So I again talked to WES today regarding the 'On Hold' status and asked them if they will accept another copy of the transcripts sent directly by the institute in lieu of the verification request as my institute has not received the email. She is reiterating that apparently this is part of standard process done for all applicants and had primarily two points:
1. It will not be helpful to get another copy of the transcripts sent directly by school, they need the verification as per process
2. She asked me to submit the email ID of the institute, where I want the email to be sent to, through the Contact Us form on WES website.

As I know what is the email ID the Transcripts section at my institute is using, I've submitted that through the Contact Us form. I'm going to wait for 2 days and if I don't get a reply from WES, am going to call them again.

@Jaywalker, @nikesh25, @Nishika22 and all others facing the same issue, suggest that please call up WES and ask if you can do the same. If enough people put pressure, hopefully they'll budge!
Hello, any update on this ? I am also facing the same issue .

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hey, so my status has also gone from On Hold to In Progress. But they're showing my tentative date of evaluation on the 5th of September, does it take that much time for evaluation post completion of secondary verification ?
Hey...WES is usually pretty much a stickler for the date they indicate they can complete the assessment :( I haven’t seen too many reports getting issued more than a couple of days before the committed verification date. And yes, they usually do indicate a completion date within a week or 2 of the verification process being released from the ON HOLD status, but it’s unfortunately not so much a function of when they CAN do it but when they have the time to do it. If they are facing a busy season, they might not have enough evaluators free to do a final review and release your ECA report in the coming week.

Reactions: abhilash.mohanty9

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Friends,
Need some advice on below case:
One of my MBA degree from PTU has been put on hold by WES for verification and since I am not able to resolve this issue , planning to remove this education from assessment , has anybody done this before or any info on how to do. How much time WES will take to assess and generate report for my other degrees which are already accepted by WES
Plz help
Hi @kamy18, unfortunately not aware of anyone on this thread who has done the same. Maybe you could check on another thread where there is specifically information on removal of a degree before it is assessed by WES? Whether such a degree has been put on hold or not, the process for removal of a degree from a WES account should remain the same :)

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi @kamy18, unfortunately not aware of anyone on this thread who has done the same. Maybe you could check on another thread where there is specifically information on removal of a degree before it is assessed by WES? Whether such a degree has been put on hold or not, the process for removal of a degree from a WES account should remain the same :)
Thanks Nishika for quick reply, will check in other forums

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi @NiSn, sorry to hear this is the fourth time you are at the mercy of a verification request :( The opening line of the verification response by your issuing institution says:
“...in response to the email addressed to the Registrar/Deputy Registrar”
You can check with your institution as to who is sending the response. It is possible that the ID that received the verification request (of the Registrar/Deputy Registrar) is different from the ID of the person who responded to it (Secretary or Assistant to the concerned Registrar/Deputy Registrar). WES may have become stringent about the ID from which verification responses are received and might not proceed with one that comes from an ID other than the one they sent the actual verification request to.
Do update the thread and keep us in the loop regarding the next steps :) Cheers!
Thanks Nishika! Well I checked with my institute, they indeed got it on another email ID but also they cc that same email ID as well. Moreover, they have done this evaluation for 40+ students and only for my case evaluation is coming back again and again. I called up WES and they do not disclose anything. What do I do now?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks Nishika! Well I checked with my institute, they indeed got it on another email ID but also they cc that same email ID as well. Moreover, they have done this evaluation for 40+ students and only for my case evaluation is coming back again and again. I called up WES and they do not disclose anything. What do I do now?
Calling wes is pointless. Better talk to them on twitter. The only way i got them to reply to me

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Tweeted as well. Dont think so reply is coming. So whats next? Well the Registrar@Insti.com got the email and reply was sent by COE@Insti.com with Registrar ID in CC. If it is working for others and not for me, what should i do :(
The last thing i did was escalate to the consumer protection office. Wes has a lot of issues. Sadly we all use it because it's the fastest