+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

skp.biet

Aug 10, 2018
Hey @skp.biet, sorry to hear your wife's ECA has gone on hold :( I've looped you in. Hope it helps :)
Thanks a lot for looping me in @Nishika22 I really appreciate all the input by you and others on this thread.

We are still struggling, my wife's college is saying that they didn't receive any such email:( WES says that they will not discuss with applicants on details of VDR communication.
We have submitted a request from contact us page mentioning the correct email ID but I guess that will not work, as someone else mentioned that even though they had provided the email id WES used the incorrect one while sending the VDR email again.
One suggestion I got from Customer Care is to Pay for VDR to sent via courier which is like $85.

May 25, 2018
Hey...WES is usually pretty much a stickler for the date they indicate they can complete the assessment :( I haven’t seen too many reports getting issued more than a couple of days before the committed verification date. And yes, they usually do indicate a completion date within a week or 2 of the verification process being released from the ON HOLD status, but it’s unfortunately not so much a function of when they CAN do it but when they have the time to do it. If they are facing a busy season, they might not have enough evaluators free to do a final review and release your ECA report in the coming week.
Thanks a bunch @Nishika22 !! Now lets just hope it comes through soon. :)

Reactions: Nishika22

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
@Nishika22 can you please loop me in as well? thanks.

Hi all - My university finally accepted that they have received an email in the email address of the controller of madras university. They forwarded it to the director and told me that he is the one who has issued the transcripts and he will be the one who will do the verification by email. I went to the directors office and he replied to a unique email id with a 10 digit VDR code mentioned in the wes email. Praying WES processes my application and issues my report. I will keep u updated.

Also, I hope WES does not create an issue because they had sent the verification email to the controller while the response was from the director. I hope not as that email has the unique VDR number. Has anyone got their successful verification this way?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 can you please loop me in as well? thanks.

Hi all - My university finally accepted that they have received an email in the email address of the controller of madras university. They forwarded it to the director and told me that he is the one who has issued the transcripts and he will be the one who will do the verification by email. I went to the directors office and he replied to a unique email id with a 10 digit VDR code mentioned in the wes email. Praying WES processes my application and issues my report. I will keep u updated.

Also, I hope WES does not create an issue because they had sent the verification email to the controller while the response was from the director. I hope not as that email has the unique VDR number. Has anyone got their successful verification this way?
Hi @Sahas84, I’ve looped you in :) Incidentally, in my husbands case, the GM Admin received the mail but the Controller of Exams (who released the transcripts and whose name & stamp were on the original documents) replied to it. However, in recent cases, it has happened that WES has not accepted verification by say the secretary of the Registrar, if it was the Registrar to whom the mail was addressed. Depending on who motivated the original transcript issuance and if they are the same people who reply to WES (even if the verification mail is issued to someone else), WES has the discretion to accept a verification or request for a second one.

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
Hi @Sahas84, I’ve looped you in :) Incidentally, in my husbands case, the GM Admin received the mail but the Controller of Exams (who released the transcripts and whose name & stamp were on the original documents) replied to it. However, in recent cases, it has happened that WES has not accepted verification by say the secretary of the Registrar, if it was the Registrar to whom the mail was addressed. Depending on who motivated the original transcript issuance and if they are the same people who reply to WES (even if the verification mail is issued to someone else), WES has the discretion to accept a verification or request for a second one.
Hello - So today my WES status was updated as In Progress. Quite happy about this. I however, have another doubt. I have done by BBA - Madras University 3 years and MBA same Madras University 2 years( had lots of arrears and managed to finish MBA degree in 4 years total ) Now, as per the WES free degree equivalency tool, my BBA is categorized as Bachelor's degree (3 years) and for MBA - Bachelor's degree (4 years). This is due to the recent changes in their evaluation. I read somewhere WES only mentions the highest degree in the evaluation report and I am really worried due to this. If they only mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) in my summary, I will loose a lot of points. I am currently on CLB 9 in IELTS. Please let me know your thoughts.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello - So today my WES status was updated as In Progress. Quite happy about this. I however, have another doubt. I have done by BBA - Madras University 3 years and MBA same Madras University 2 years( had lots of arrears and managed to finish MBA degree in 4 years total ) Now, as per the WES free degree equivalency tool, my BBA is categorized as Bachelor's degree (3 years) and for MBA - Bachelor's degree (4 years). This is due to the recent changes in their evaluation. I read somewhere WES only mentions the highest degree in the evaluation report and I am really worried due to this. If they only mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) in my summary, I will loose a lot of points. I am currently on CLB 9 in IELTS. Please let me know your thoughts.
It says TWO bachelors. They wont write two or more.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I dont understand. Can you please elaborate?
What s not clear
Bachelor --> bachelor 1
Master --> bachelor 2
Thats 2 diplomas
Please read more about eca and equivalency on the canada immigration website

Sahas84

Aug 8, 2018
What s not clear
Bachelor --> bachelor 1
Master --> bachelor 2
Thats 2 diplomas
Please read more about eca and equivalency on the canada immigration website
I will take a look at that. My main question is as follows. :

If WES evaluates me in the summary as Bachelors 4 years, then can i be entitled to receive points for 2 or more degrees? Please clarify.