+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Jul 13, 2018
@inderpalsingh83, happy to hear your profile has moved from ON HOLD to IN PROGRESS :) Re report issuance, the timelines are frankly quite variable. When WES started out with the verification process, the release of the ON HOLD status meant that the report would be issued in a week on the outside. Lately though, due to the sheer volume of cases being put on hold, the timeline seems to have moved to the detriment of the candidates :( It can take upto 3 weeks now for a report to be issued, even after the status update reads IN PROGRESS. Hope for the best (1 week) and prepare for the worst (3 weeks) is my advice...
thanks @Nishika22

Reactions: Nishika22
Jul 13, 2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
@arora_mayank My status has changed from HOLD to In PROGRESS on 27-Jul but I have still not still received a due date. In how many days we get a due date post the Status has changed?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
@arora_mayank: I’d also suggest that you focus on getting post-ITA docs in place, esp reference letters and PCCs. For the rest, if WES has committed a date of 15th Aug, it’s unlikely to come before the due date - indeed, as of now, the trend is for the report to come exactly on the due date or a couple of days later ;( Post verification blues! With a score of 478, you’re certain to get an ITA, so do follow @Jaywalker ’s suggestion and start putting together post ITA docs already :)

abhmun

Jul 22, 2018
Thank you @Nishika22 for your feedback and adding to the other threads!

@Jaywalker @Nishika22
I called up WES and was informed that they received verification from the university and currently their evaluation team is assessing the response. If they find it good, the ECA will be issued. Regarding timelines, they informed that it takes maximum 20 days for the ECA to be completed once all verification is done, and probably the assessment will slip past the due date.
I hope all gets completed this time. Awaiting the good news! Shall keep you all posted.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thank you @Nishika22 for your feedback and adding to the other threads!

@Jaywalker @Nishika22
I called up WES and was informed that they received verification from the university and currently their evaluation team is assessing the response. If they find it good, the ECA will be issued. Regarding timelines, they informed that it takes maximum 20 days for the ECA to be completed once all verification is done, and probably the assessment will slip past the due date.
I hope all gets completed this time. Awaiting the good news! Shall keep you all posted.
Please do. Updating your experience and timelines here will help other members whose verifications are still ongoing :) Best of luck with getting the ECA report soon...

piyushpth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Dear All,

My ECA timeline for BTech + PGDM verification is as follows:

8-June - Status in WES changed to 'Received docs'
18-June - Status changed to 'Reviewing docs'
9-July - Status changed to 'We are reviewing your evaluation report. Your evaluation is due for completion on 7/27/2018'
26-July - Status went back to 'We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)'

I have sent two enquiries to WES and I didn't get any additional information. I got the same status as available in WES website. Does it mean that verification is on-hold? Anyone else had this issue?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Dear All,

My ECA timeline for BTech + PGDM verification is as follows:

8-June - Status in WES changed to 'Received docs'
18-June - Status changed to 'Reviewing docs'
9-July - Status changed to 'We are reviewing your evaluation report. Your evaluation is due for completion on 7/27/2018'
26-July - Status went back to 'We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)'

I have sent two enquiries to WES and I didn't get any additional information. I got the same status as available in WES website. Does it mean that verification is on-hold? Anyone else had this issue?
Hi @piyushpth, what displays when you expand the "review of application documents" section? If the PGDM and transcripts are shown as awaiting verification, then your status is likely to be on hold. Let’s hope this isn’t the case - but it’s good to make extra sure as all PGDMs from India do appear to have come under the scanner :(

Reactions: piyushpth

piyushpth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi @piyushpth, what displays when you expand the "review of application documents" section? If the PGDM and transcripts are shown as awaiting verification, then your status is likely to be on hold. Let’s hope this isn’t the case - but it’s good to make extra sure as all PGDMs from India do appear to have come under the scanner :(
Thanks Nishika. In the 'Review for application documents' section, it says "All documents reviewed and accepted":; including PGDM Statement of marks and Degree. Hoping ECA comes in next few days.

nikitha

May 18, 2018
we finally got our WES report. Below are the timelines -
June 4- Docs couriered
June 9 - Docs received by WES and status updated to 'in progress'
June 20 - On hold - Docs sent to university for verification
July 9 - We went to the university in person to check if they have received an email from WES. University received email from WES and they had replied to them on June 21 but forgot to mention the 10 digit unique reference number in the mail. So we spoke and made them resend the mail with the reference number
July 10 - Status changed to :"In progress". We are reviewing your evaluation report.
July 30 - Got our report finally.

BE four years was evaluated as 4 years by WES
MBA two years was evaluated as one year PG diploma.

so its pretty certain that WES has stopped granting Masters for most MBA's from India except from IIMs and IITs.
Thank you @Nishika22 and others for guiding me. Your posts helped us a great deal!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
we finally got our WES report. Below are the timelines -
June 4- Docs couriered
June 9 - Docs received by WES and status updated to 'in progress'
June 20 - On hold - Docs sent to university for verification
July 9 - We went to the university in person to check if they have received an email from WES. University received email from WES and they had replied to them on June 21 but forgot to mention the 10 digit unique reference number in the mail. So we spoke and made them resend the mail with the reference number
July 10 - Status changed to :"In progress". We are reviewing your evaluation report.
July 30 - Got our report finally.

BE four years was evaluated as 4 years by WES
MBA two years was evaluated as one year PG diploma.

so its pretty certain that WES has stopped granting Masters for most MBA's from India except from IIMs and IITs.
Thank you @Nishika22 and others for guiding me. Your posts helped us a great deal!
Happy to hear your ECA report is in @nikitha! And it was a pleasure to be of assistance :)
It is unfortunate though that you did not get the masters equivalency you were hopeful of :( It does seem that WES is reluctant to give Masters equivalency for PGDMs from India, despite their two-year duration and stringent requirements. You can still go in for the ‘Two or more degrees or diplomas’ option by feeding in each WES evaluated credential separately. Cheers and best of luck with the rest of the process :)

Reactions: nikitha

nikitha

May 18, 2018
Happy to hear your ECA report is in @nikitha! And it was a pleasure to be of assistance :)
It is unfortunate though that you did not get the masters equivalency you were hopeful of :( It does seem that WES is reluctant to give Masters equivalency for PGDMs from India, despite their two-year duration and stringent requirements. You can still go in for the ‘Two or more degrees or diplomas’ option by feeding in each WES evaluated credential separately. Cheers and best of luck with the rest of the process :)
Thanks @Nishika22 :)

PS21986

Aug 1, 2018
First of all, Thanks everyone who has been working on this thread! I have spent good 2 hours to go through all the pages and suffering the same pain that most of you are going through right now OR have successfully gone through!

I have two queries
1. WES has put my MBA status on Hold (for XIMB) on 11th July- Though the college received the e mail, it didn't have any attachements. So, a response was sent from the college to send the documents that can be verified. They haven't heard back from WES since 16th July.

Now just want to check if there's a specific mail that the college need to respond to ? Understand it was 1@wes in June and then the pattern shifted to specific mail ids? Could you please confirm

2. Secondly, my Bachelors is also a special case. I did if from PEC, Chandigarh between 2003-2007. For the first two years, the college was affiliated to Panjab University and last two years PEC was given deemed university status. WES has accepted the PEC verified transcrips, but asked for PU marksheets to be attested again from PU(in the first round). I go that done from PU and now they have sent it out for verification to PU.

I am currently not living in India and hence have a challenge to go and follow up in PU. By any chance, does anyone know the e mail ID of PU that receives all these requests from WES? I can chase that person up to check on the status.

Look forward for your help.

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
@arora_mayank please do not poke WES on expediting the report for you. I understand you do not want to miss the next crucial ITA. I am a valid example and have suffered due to extra calls made to WES. My Account was put on hold twice giving the same reasoning of verification, dont want the same thing to happen to you. I was the first to start this thread and turned out i was left behind in receiving the ECA due to my foolishness. It is better to work on your post ITA docs and submit profile quickly to make up for time lost on ECA than trying to convince WES for an earlier ECA. Hope this helps.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
First of all, Thanks everyone who has been working on this thread! I have spent good 2 hours to go through all the pages and suffering the same pain that most of you are going through right now OR have successfully gone through!

I have two queries
1. WES has put my MBA status on Hold (for XIMB) on 11th July- Though the college received the e mail, it didn't have any attachements. So, a response was sent from the college to send the documents that can be verified. They haven't heard back from WES since 16th July.

Now just want to check if there's a specific mail that the college need to respond to ? Understand it was 1@wes in June and then the pattern shifted to specific mail ids? Could you please confirm

2. Secondly, my Bachelors is also a special case. I did if from PEC, Chandigarh between 2003-2007. For the first two years, the college was affiliated to Panjab University and last two years PEC was given deemed university status. WES has accepted the PEC verified transcrips, but asked for PU marksheets to be attested again from PU(in the first round). I go that done from PU and now they have sent it out for verification to PU.

I am currently not living in India and hence have a challenge to go and follow up in PU. By any chance, does anyone know the e mail ID of PU that receives all these requests from WES? I can chase that person up to check on the status.

Point 1: Are you sure that there is no attachment? WES is thorough on this front and they usually attach the documents - Maybe you can ask your institute to forward that email to you and then you can see whether they have attached the email. If there is no attachment, then only option is to go to contact us on WES page and tell them that your institute has got the email but attachment is not there. Then wait for 2 days and hope they send the verification email again and this time with attachment. If not then call them again.

Point 2: You will have to figure out within PU and WES will not help you here. Worst case if you are not able to find out to whom they have sent. Then again follow the same process. Contact us page on WES and ask them to resend verification to PU with the correct email id.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018

I have two queries
- To what ID did your college send this response? If auto-sender@wes.org, then that would explain why they haven’t heard back from WES.

- Yes, it was 1@wes.org till mid-June and then it changed to specific email IDs mentioned under a ‘Reply to’ field in the mail sent to the issuing institution. These email IDs seem to follow the pattern ‘verifcaX@wes.org’ where X is a unique number alloted to the candidate’s verification response ID.

- What ID did you get the marksheets attested from? Have you checked with that team if they have received the verification request? If they haven’t, is it possible for them to guide you to the relevant department?

- Refer above. Sorry can’t be of more help, since I’m not aware of any candidates from PU on this thread. You could try the thread for ‘WES timelines for 2018’ to see if anyone there knows the relevant contact point from PU.
Sorry to hear of the double whammy you’re facing on the verification front :( Refer above for replies in bold. Do read in conjunction with response given already by @Jaywalker. Hope it helps! :)