+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

ans234

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry to hear that :( Does your diploma state that AICTE and AIU have certified the course as equivalent to a masters? That was the clincher in my husband’s case, even though his institute (IMT) was not otherwise showing up on the degree evaluation tool.
It states degree of Master of Business Administration and its from MDU which is listed in their tool as masters of Business administration. But Wes evaluated as:
Bachelors + 1 year diploma

@Nishika22 How did you put this on CT’s profile ?
Bachelors is ok but what to choose for diploma?

Does it award point for diploma?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
It states degree of Master of Business Administration and its from MDU which is listed in their tool as masters of Business administration. But Wes evaluated as:

Hmmm, truly puzzled as to why WES would evaluate a degree from a recognized university as a diploma! Mine is a degree from FMS, Delhi University and I had no issues getting it recognized as a Masters. While I have no experience with recording a 1 year diploma on a profile, I would imagine it would come under the category of Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, which would award you substantial points under education credentials as well. Refer below:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Just for your and others knowledge, the email sent by WES to my friend specifically states 'Courier sent by us to your institution'. I am not sure if the verification of the document is the same as faced by others but in this scenario, WES specifically asked the institute to verify the document and courier it back to them.
Below is the wording in the email I received from WES. This also does not mention anything about email sent, but they did send the email to my institute and accepted verification on email as well.
"
Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. After an initial review of your documents, we have determined that they must be verified by the institution that issued them.

This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to <institute name> for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do."

Last edited:

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018

You can select "Postgraduate Diploma" in your EE profile for this. Combined with your graduation degree, it will automatically give you points for the option "Two or more degrees..."

Reactions: ans234

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
All - I finally got my ECA completed just now. Thanks to you all lovely people - otherwise I would have been still stuck in this "On Hold" thing.

Here are my timelines
14 May - Docs received as per DHL in Toronto
18 May - Docs accepted and due date of 8th June
7 June - Status "On Hold" - 1) Verification required for PGDM (2) Bachelor Degree's documents required
8 June: Raised a request through contact us page to send the email verification to the correct email id at my PGDM institute
13 June: WES sends an email again. Again to the wrong email address -Luckily the person receiving the email send it to the relevant person
15 June: Bachelor Degree documents received by WES as per DHL
18 June: Institute could not find email id to respond to on the email. We all presumed that it has to be replied to 1@wes and my institute replied on 1@wes.org
18 June: Bachelor degree docs received and accepted
18 June: Status changes from "On Hold" to "In Progress" with a completion date of 19 June.
19 June: Status changes from "In Progress" to "On Hold" again. Second VDR notification received.
22 June: I was so frustrated that I called customer care multiple times, escalated to everyone possible and nothing changed. Customer care told me that your reply is not worded correctly. Someone said that email is not received etc etc
22 June: My institute received the verification email again-I got the third VDR email. This time my institute received the email with the unique email id.
25 June: Institute replied to the verification email on unique email id.
25 June: Status changes from "On Hold" to "In progress" - Documents being verified and completion date of 25 June
27 June: Status: In Progress - " We are reviewing your evaluation report"
27 June: I received the ECA
All - I finally got my ECA completed just now. Thanks to you all lovely people - otherwise I would have been still stuck in this "On Hold" thing.

Here are my timelines
14 May - Docs received as per DHL in Toronto
18 May - Docs accepted and due date of 8th June
7 June - Status "On Hold" - 1) Verification required for PGDM (2) Bachelor Degree's documents required
8 June: Raised a request through contact us page to send the email verification to the correct email id at my PGDM institute
13 June: WES sends an email again. Again to the wrong email address -Luckily the person receiving the email send it to the relevant person
15 June: Bachelor Degree documents received by WES as per DHL
18 June: Institute could not find email id to respond to on the email. We all presumed that it has to be replied to 1@wes and my institute replied on 1@wes.org
18 June: Bachelor degree docs received and accepted
18 June: Status changes from "On Hold" to "In Progress" with a completion date of 19 June.
19 June: Status changes from "In Progress" to "On Hold" again. Second VDR notification received.
22 June: I was so frustrated that I called customer care multiple times, escalated to everyone possible and nothing changed. Customer care told me that your reply is not worded correctly. Someone said that email is not received etc etc
22 June: My institute received the verification email again-I got the third VDR email. This time my institute received the email with the unique email id.
25 June: Institute replied to the verification email on unique email id.
25 June: Status changes from "On Hold" to "In progress" - Documents being verified and completion date of 25 June
27 June: Status: In Progress - " We are reviewing your evaluation report"
27 June: I received the ECA
@Jaywalker My Account was put back on hold today with same message verification of docs required by issuing institution. I called the customer service the said the email response from institution was not correct. What did your institution reply to 2nd time and how did your ECA came so quickly the very next day? Please help, this is taking forever. Very frustrated now.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
@Jaywalker My Account was put back on hold today with same message verification of docs required by issuing institution. I called the customer service the said the email response from institution was not correct. What did your institution reply to 2nd time and how did your ECA came so quickly the very next day? Please help, this is taking forever. Very frustrated now.
Two things could have happened and customer care will not tell you what exactly the issue is. 1) Email send to the wrong email id 1@wes.org (2) The ref number was not typed in the email body or the institute did not word the reply so as to clearly certify the authenticity.

Check with your institute on both these things - if its an email issue then request WES to resend the verification email and now they will most likely include unique email id. If its the email content issue then ask your institute to reply again.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hello everyone. My wife's bachelor's degree is from Mangalore University and is currently under review. The documents were sent directly from the institution, will wes initiate a verification process for this case? Thank you
Wes must have couriered your wifes university and they must have sent a courier back. This is also another process. Just hope the university has written the correct reference number on it as these case have a different reference number (its a 10 digit number).

My friend also has a similar case and she's from IIM Roorkee.

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Two things could have happened and customer care will not tell you what exactly the issue is. 1) Email send to the wrong email id 1@wes.org (2) The ref number was not typed in the email body or the institute did not word the reply so as to clearly certify the authenticity.

Check with your institute on both these things - if its an email issue then request WES to resend the verification email and now they will most likely include unique email id. If its the email content issue then ask your institute to reply again.
Hello @Jaywalker. Thanks for your reply. A follow up question, hope you don't mind. My university simply replied back to the email which they received as no other email was provided. Isn't it good enough or do they have to send reply to specific address WES might have provided in their email ? WES sent out another email for verification on 6/27 when the account was put on hold again. I will now persuade university to reply back to WES with reference # & more accurate wording. The customer rep said it was the wording of the reply that they were not satisfied because they did receive the reply and acknowledged that.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hello @Jaywalker. Thanks for your reply. A follow up question, hope you don't mind. My university simply replied back to the email which they received as no other email was provided. Isn't it good enough or do they have to send reply to specific address WES might have provided in their email ? WES sent out another email for verification on 6/27 when the account was put on hold again. I will now persuade university to reply back to WES with reference # & more accurate wording. The customer rep said it was the wording of the reply that they were not satisfied because they did receive the reply and acknowledged that.
You asked the question and answered it as well. You have to send to the email address on the mentioned in the email and the 10 digit reference number needs to be mentioned currently. WES is very particular about how they want things.

Palak90

Jun 27, 2018
What is the equivalency of my two degree in canada as per after wes evolution
Can you suggest me
First one bachelor of engineering ( 4 yr) from india

Second one is diploma in business management level 7 from new zealand

What would be i get in eca report?

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Hi Nishika,
I also hold a 2 year MBA degree from FMS Delhi, and I last week that my verification was put on hold. The email that I got from WES is "This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to University of Delhi for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response"

I do not know if WES has sent the photocopies over snail mail, or email. Worse, I do not know to whom it has been sent, or if anyone's looking into it. Do you have any suggestions on what to do? I would be highly thankful for your help.

Thanks,
Manish

Hmmm, truly puzzled as to why WES would evaluate a degree from a recognized university as a diploma! Mine is a degree from FMS, Delhi University and I had no issues getting it recognized as a Masters.

Palak90

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Nishika,
I also hold a 2 year MBA degree from FMS Delhi, and I last week that my verification was put on hold. The email that I got from WES is "This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to University of Delhi for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response"

I do not know if WES has sent the photocopies over snail mail, or email. Worse, I do not know to whom it has been sent, or if anyone's looking into it. Do you have any suggestions on what to do? I would be highly thankful for your help.

Thanks,
Manish
Please prefer college and university list,which provided on wes website,if your college is in these list,then they dont need to verification and easily reviews your education documents without verification

If you wan to you should go to list of university just below mention link

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/indian-degree-questions-answered/

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
My college is indeed in that list, yet my verification has been put on hold. I don't know if the verification will happen over an email or post. And i don't even know how frequently will someone attend to such a verification request from my college. Any thoughts on what can i do next?
Please prefer college and university list,which provided on wes website,if your college is in these list,then they dont need to verification and easily reviews your education documents without verification

If you wan to you should go to list of university just below mention link

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/indian-degree-questions-answered/

Palak90

Jun 27, 2018
My college is indeed in that list, yet my verification has been put on hold. I don't know if the verification will happen over an email or post. And i don't even know how frequently will someone attend to such a verification request from my college. Any thoughts on what can i do next?
Which college