+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
No they don't give masters. It has to be a AICTE and UGC approved courses. For eg. certain mba colleges like IIMs give PGDM and WES considers this as a bachelors degree and not masters.
WES gives IIM PGDMs as Masters, I know someone from an IIM who received it recently :)
My friend got it from IIM Calcutta last year as well

Last edited:

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
WES gives IIM PGDMs as Masters, @Jaywalker on this thread from XYZ College just received it yesterday :)
My friend got it from IIM Calcutta last year as well
Weird. They used to not give it earlier. I believe they still check for AICTE and UGC cause few of my friends who have done PGDM from other colleges have not got 'Masters' on their WES but that's ok cause you can select 'Two or more certificates/degrees' option.

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Weird. They used to not give it earlier. I believe they still check for AICTE and UGC cause few of my friends who have done PGDM from other colleges have not got 'Masters' on their WES but that's ok cause you can select 'Two or more certificates/degrees' option.
1. You think IIM MBA is not accredited with UGC and AICTE?
2. You think PGDM done from any institute across India is same?
3. You think selection of 2 or more degree in express entry profile is same as Master’s?

Last edited:
Reactions: samikdg

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
1. You think IIM MBA is not accredited with UGC and AICTE?
2. You think PGDM done from any institute across India is same?
3. You think selection of 2 or more degree in express with profile is same as Master’s?
1. No its not. It gives PGDM as its degree. Others have MBA.
2. PGDM means a curriculum that the university itself decides. The course structure is not the same as those followed by MMS Universities (which are outdated).
3. Theres only a difference of 5 points, I believe on the CRS.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
1. No its not. It gives PGDM as its degree. Others have MBA.
2. PGDM means a curriculum that the university itself decides. The course structure is not the same as those followed by MMS Universities (which are outdated).
3. Theres only a difference of 5 points, I believe on the CRS.
I think what he meant was that IIMs are institutes of national importance in India, just like IITs. Also, they are internationally well known, so WES does always give the Masters equivalence to IIM PGDMs. On point 3, the difference is actually 7 points, which can make or break the ITA dream for someone at the borderline area of cut-offs!
Anyway, all of us are pursuing the same dream, so peace :)

Reactions: Jaywalker

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I think what he meant was that IIMs are institutes of national importance in India, just like IITs. Also, they are internationally well known, so WES does always give the Masters equivalence to IIM PGDMs. On point 3, the difference is actually 7 points, which can make or break the ITA dream for someone at the borderline area of cut-offs!

Are you sure the document needs to be sent via email? And where exactly is that email address located? Does the college/university have to simply reply to the email they have received the additional verification?

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
IIT MBA is UGC and AICTE approved and does not PGDM. It gives a proper MBA but yes, thats what I meant overall.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Are you sure the document needs to be sent via email? And where exactly is that email address located? Does the college/university have to simply reply to the email they have received the additional verification?
I think you've replied to a different message of mine, can you please reply to the correct post so I understand the context?

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
My institute sent the verification email yesterday and the status on my WES account has now changed to "In Progress" and "Reviewing Your documents". It doesn't mention anywhere nor I have received any email update that they've received the institute verification, but I'm guessing that's what has triggered the status change. Will keep you updated.
@ROCKER did the email to your institute from WES have this ID? The ID seems to be varying as someone on the whatsapp group told their ID was verifca7@wes.org

The reason why I am asking this is because my friend's university sent her document to WES on Thursday but the application still says 'Awaiting verification'. I think my University has physically sent the document but I am not sure.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018

The reason why I am asking this is because my friend's university sent her document to WES on Thursday but the application still says 'Awaiting verification'. I think my University has physically sent the document but I am not sure.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this.
Most, if not all, of us on this thread have got our respective institutes to reply to WES via email only. I don't even know whether my institute received the hard copy from WES through postal mail.

The institute has to reply to the email from WES, quote the 10 digit reference no provided by WES (which is different from the 7-digit candidate reference no) and send this email to a specific email ID mentioned by WES in their email. Earlier, they were not mentioning any specific email ID which led to lots of confusion, but last week onwards they have started mentioning it.

I know that institute can respond to WES via postal mail as well, but not sure if anyone on this thread has been successful with that yet.

Reactions: musicholic

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Most, if not all, of us on this thread have got our respective institutes to reply to WES via email only. I don't even know whether my institute received the hard copy from WES through postal mail.

The institute has to reply to the email from WES, quote the 10 digit reference no provided by WES (which is different from the 7-digit candidate reference no) and send this email to a specific email ID mentioned by WES in their email. Earlier, they were not mentioning any specific email ID which led to lots of confusion, but last week onwards they have started mentioning it.

I know that institute can respond to WES via postal mail as well, but not sure if anyone on this thread has been successful with that yet.
Thank you for providing the information. I'll ask my friend to contact the college/university and verify the same.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Did your husband have a 3-year or 4-year graduation degree? I have read many cases on this forum where WES evaluates a 3+2 years of education as two Bachelor degrees or one Bachelor degree+ one PG diploma. For 4+2 years, they generally always gives Masters evaluation
Three years (Eco Hons) for his Bachelors. And I do remember his diploma had the words ‘This course is certified by the AICTE and AIU as equivalent to a Masters’. Maybe that had something to do with the evaluation? Be as it may, the WES degree evaluation tool itself was quite a let down, since IMT wasn’t listed. So we had no choice but to simply trust to luck and keep our fingers crossed!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thank you for providing the information. I'll ask my friend to contact the college/university and verify the same.
Agreed with @samikdg. The email verification is definitely the one to put your faith in. None of us on the thread so far can guarantee that postal evaluations (only by themselves) have done the trick, though there’s no harm asking your institution to do both - send an email and courier the docs to WES.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Agreed with @samikdg. The email verification is definitely the one to put your faith in. None of us on the thread so far can guarantee that postal evaluations (only by themselves) have done the trick, though there’s no harm asking your institution to do both - send an email and courier the docs to WES.
Just for your and others knowledge, the email sent by WES to my friend specifically states 'Courier sent by us to your institution'. I am not sure if the verification of the document is the same as faced by others but in this scenario, WES specifically asked the institute to verify the document and courier it back to them.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Just for your and others knowledge, the email sent by WES to my friend specifically states 'Courier sent by us to your institution'. I am not sure if the verification of the document is the same as faced by others but in this scenario, WES specifically asked the institute to verify the document and courier it back to them.
It may be a different situation then. The VDR mail (request received by issuing institutions) for my husband’s case specifically stated that verification could be done over email, mail or fax, so there was certainly no such constraint of only being able to send a courier.