+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

Nash87

Nov 14, 2020
I was also planning to enroll for distance learning for masters in education at the University of Chichester, but I checked with the Free wes evaluation tool and I couldn't find University of Chichester, so I enrolled at University of Gloucestershire. I'm not sure if ICAS or IQAS

thundabolt_

Oct 30, 2020
you have to hope that the awarding body is OTHM and not MSBM. If it’s OTHM - you should be fine. Credits have no value if the awarding body is unrecognized. I was in a really bad position, because I did 240 credits HND awarded by a local institute which was Pearson Assured (not Pearson awarded, no transcript from Pearson) and the WES report came back as Non Recognized Institution. Again - it’s the awarding body that matters the most. So I suggest you call the institute and ask them point blank and Confirm it on email (so that you can sue them later) that the awarding body is unconditionally OTHM and not MSBM, and also ask them the WES process when you graduate, that is, who will be sending the certificates, is it OTHM or MSBM.. if they say MSBM - you should be a bit worried I think..
I have proof that even with the Awarding body being OTHM, it still comes up as unrecognized institution, I really don't know what to do

Wincey

Jan 14, 2021
hi,
1. I have done an MBA at ESOFT with my work experience, how will this be taken by wes
2. How will a level 7 OTHM diploma in human resource management be asessed

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys, here is an update...

For people suffering with WES, the ones who are complaining that their respective LEVEL 7 Diploma's with 120 UK credits are not being accessed by WES and the result is "unrecognized institution" , Kindly double check if you have the Ofqual logo on the certificate or not.

Since Mid 2019, the ofqual logo is present on all certificates if the awarding body is regulated by ofqual.

WES will go ahead with the ECA if the ofqual logo is present on your certificate. If it is not present, you will have to write an email to your awarding body and get your certificate replaced.

Hope this helps!!!!

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I was also planning to enroll for distance learning for masters in education at the University of Chichester, but I checked with the Free wes evaluation tool and I couldn't find University of Chichester, so I enrolled at University of Gloucestershire. I'm not sure if ICAS or IQAS
what is the cost of the course at university of gloucestershire versus university of chichester?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have proof that even with the Awarding body being OTHM, it still comes up as unrecognized institution, I really don't know what to do
please read my reply about the ofqual logo on this thread.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi @mona247
Please advise me, I have some queries.
I have completed by bachelors and pgde (from state University) and my projected crs is 457.
However I have checked with an institute for top up MBA and they have given me exception for my pgde and said completing the thesis would suffice to gain the masters qualification.
I'm confused if I should send the bachelor and pgde to WES now and get the ECA done and open the EE profile and stay in the pool and continue with my thesis and then upon completion of thesis, get the ECA done again and add points after that.
I know I will have to pay to wes TWICE if I do like that
Or is it better to complete the top up and send everything to WES all at once after 6 months.i feel it's better to enter the pool earlier with this score. What is your opinion. Plz reply
Its fine, you can enter the pool asap while you do the thesis. Its totally upto you. Its ok if you pay WES twice.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi @mona247
Just a follow-up question on this,
Please I wanted to ask if it's possible to merge two ECA's from different bodies. What I mean by that is my undergraduate degree is evaluated by WES but my postgraduate diploma evaluated by IQAS or another body (for example)
If YES, what ECA body do you suggest I approach for evaluating my diploma.

Thank you so much
You can not merge 2 ECA's from 2 different bodies.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
I have a 4 year bachelors honors degree from York University in Canada in HR Management and also a BTEC HNC Level 4 HNC (120 credits) in Fine Art (QcF) from Kensington and Chelsea college (now known as Morley college) recognised under Pearson. I am sending this to WES to assess for express entry points - any insight as to what this qualifies as for Canadian education? Would this fit the 2 or more degrees/certificates criteria and Can I obtain additional express entry points for my HNC Level 4 ? I am a little low on points due to my age so every little bit helps. Please advise.
Fine ARTS 120 UK credits none of the folks here would have an accurate answer. Send the transcript to WES and wait, it should be 1 year college diploma in canada. You should be able to select 2 or more certificates option. Good Luck.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone.
I am currently completing the OTHM L6 dip in Business Management which is 120 credits.
Assuming that this course is accepted by WES, I’m quite confident it is, as OTHM told me their programs are recognized and it’s also listed on Ofqual site (both OTHM and L6 program).
My concern is, since I completed this in six months, the education section of the express entry profile asks something along the lines of the program being minimum one year! But - I did this qualification in six months and is likely to get evaluated as a three year program by WES.
Would IRCC reject this qualification due to it being completed in just six months, despite being evaluated as a three year course by WES?
Please mention the start date 6 months prior. Show the end date of what is mentioned on your certificate. please remember 120 UK credits is actually a 1 year course in the UK, however you did it in a fast track mode.

Kindly do not mention 6 months and complicate the situation.

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
I do have the same concern as well.
1. If I have an OTHM level 7 plus MBA top from Chichester but don’t have prior qualifications, can they downgrade a UK MBA to a bachelors? I suppose the university gives me entry due to the working experience I possess. Would the fact that I have an MBA as early as 22 be an issue for my skilled migration process?

2. secondly, if I do have the above MBA, at the time of applying, will the work experience for a business development executive be 3 years post qualifying, pre qualifying or overall 3 years is fine? When I say overall I mean, work experience before the MBA, work experience during the MBA and work experience after MBA being counted as minimum 3 years. I believe they ask how many years work experience do you have, and to claim maximum points, it should be minimum 3 years or more. Should this 3 years be post, pre or overall?
Heyy Did you get a reply on this? Have u done ur Wes equivalency?

JohnJack

Jan 31, 2021
Guys, I am intending to enroll into an MBA top-up distant-learning from University of Chichester UK with OTHM Level7 diploma in Project Management. Does any one know, will this MBA degree from University of Chichester be evaluated as Canadian Masters from WES, ICES or IQAS ?
@junaidstar did you get an answer or confirmation on this?

JohnJack

Jan 31, 2021
Is it possible for a university that is not listed on the WES recognized institutions to be reviewed and accepted by WES? I am asking because the University of Chichester is a recognized by the UK Government but is not on the WES list.

This is a follow up question as I am also intending on enrolling into an MSC top-up distant-learning from University of Chichester UK after OTHM Level7 diploma in Project Management.

1. Does any one know, if this Msc degree from University of Chichester will be evaluated as Canadian Masters from WES?
2. Has any one successfully had their degree from University of Chichester evaluated by WES as equivalent to 1YR of Master degree in Canada?