+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

thundabolt_

Oct 30, 2020
To be honest, why did you choose this course?

This is a complicated situation. Please review the below link of the current available OTHM Level 7 Courses, your course is not listed as its a private arrangement between MSBM and OTHM.

https://www.othm.org.uk/qualification.html

Anyways you cant change a lot now, stay calm and finish your course, I think with 120 UK credits you should be fine.
Now I’m so worried

yes I hope it gets evaluated

Oct 28, 2020
Guys,

Need help.....
Currently undergoing MSc in Project Management in Cardiff Met (CMU).
Anybody who knows if this is recognized as a Masters in Canada ?????

Please help

Regards,
Nadeeraka

cupid1984

Dec 27, 2016
NO you can only evaluate your Bachelor of Engineer (top up). WES only evaluates completed credentials.
I received my WES report today.

BCS Diploma(UK) - 3 years college level
BCS PGD(UK) - I completed all 4 exams but did not complete the project yet so WES did not evaluate it.
Topup degree(UK) - Bachelors degree (4 years)

So I can select "2 or more certificates" in EE application.

If I complete the PGD project I will get a WES evaluation with 2 Bachelors's degrees. So whoever reads this thread. Do not depend on the answers on this forum. That might be wrong sometimes. So go ahead and try it for yourself.

I am going to complete my PGD project as well. I would suggest always improve your skills and education so you can survive anywhere in this world even if you don't get to migrate to Canada. The world is bigger than Canada or the US.

Good luck.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I received my WES report today.

BCS Diploma(UK) - 3 years college level
BCS PGD(UK) - I completed all 4 exams but did not complete the project yet so WES did not evaluate it.
Topup degree(UK) - Bachelors degree (4 years)

So I can select "2 or more certificates" in EE application.

If I complete the PGD project I will get a WES evaluation with 2 Bachelors's degrees. So whoever reads this thread. Do not depend on the answers on this forum. That might be wrong sometimes. So go ahead and try it for yourself.

I am going to complete my PGD project as well. I would suggest always improve your skills and education so you can survive anywhere in this world even if you don't get to migrate to Canada. The world is bigger than Canada or the US.

Good luck.
That is exactly what I told you.. WES will evaluate your TOP UP degree but will not evaluate your PGD ( not a completed credential since you didn't finish your project). WES only evaluates completed credentials.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
I have completed BCS all 3 levels but did not complete the PGD project, but I got the MBCS title by showing work experience.

then I have completed a Bachelor of Engineer(Topup) in Software Engineering from the University of London Metropolitan

So my question is, Do I able to get a "2 more certificates" evaluation summary from WES?

Thanks
When you post a query in the forum be specific.. when you send your documents to WES of course you will send all the specific documents right???

When you say BSC 3levels.. Be specific , you did which UK levels..? Example level 4,5 & 6. How many UK credits in each level.. which one was a top up degree and how many UK credits?

You highlighted clearly in your question you have not done PGD project, for which you were given a clear cut reply that "WES evaluates only completed credentials".

Review the thread all pages in detail and look at the quality of queries posted here.. you will get assistance in the right manner only if your query is "specific and detailed" .

Good luck

reggiem

Nov 6, 2020
Hi everyone, @mona247

Found this thread while I'm trying to increase my EE CRS score.

I have my Bachelor's Degree evaluated already and is equivalent to 4 yrs.
Now, I'm planning to take up a Level 5 Diploma in Digital Marketing with 120 credits from LSIB awarded by Eduqual UK.

If I completed this diploma, will WES approve this and eventually select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."?

Thank you so much.

AyoT

Nov 9, 2020
Hi Mona,
First-time commenter, hoping for a positive response
I am currently enrolled in an International Postgraduate Diploma In Business And Management (Level 7) from MSBM.
I checked the WES tools and noticed they don't evaluate degrees from MSBM when I reached out to them, I was informed that I have to put OTHM which is the issuing body,

Please would this be possible? without crediting the institution when filling the WES upgrade form? Any advice for my specific situation if indeed it does get accepted by just listing OTHM
Thank you
The course is 120credit... Level 7 courses are issued by an awarding body OTHM.. Even your certificate is going to be from OTHM

AyoT

Nov 9, 2020
Please do you have any tips on how to fill the WES FORM bearing this in mind?
Yes
Under country, select UK that way you would be able to input to select OTHM Qualifications, then for Name of Diploma/Certificate, you input your course OTHM International Postgraduate Diploma in XXX
All level 7 certificates are always from an accrediting body like OTHM, not the school itself that's why you can't input MSBM.

Reactions: mona247

fatijafri

Nov 12, 2020
Hi
I have a 4 year bachelors honors degree from York University in Canada in HR Management and also a BTEC HNC Level 4 HNC (120 credits) in Fine Art (QcF) from Kensington and Chelsea college (now known as Morley college) recognised under Pearson. I am sending this to WES to assess for express entry points - any insight as to what this qualifies as for Canadian education? Would this fit the 2 or more degrees/certificates criteria and Can I obtain additional express entry points for my HNC Level 4 ? I am a little low on points due to my age so every little bit helps. Please advise.

Last edited:

Doet2

Nov 16, 2020
I have my Bachelor's Degree in communication and is equivalent to 4 yrs.
Now, I'm planning to take up a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership with 39 credits from Pearson Btech.

If I completed this diploma, will WES approve this and what level will this result to as a canadian degree(1/2years)

Thank you so much.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have my Bachelor's Degree in communication and is equivalent to 4 yrs.
Now, I'm planning to take up a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership with 39 credits from Pearson Btech.

If I completed this diploma, will WES approve this and what level will this result to as a canadian degree(1/2years)

Thank you so much.
39 Credits is very less, it wont even be 1 semester in canada. Do Level 4 or Level 5 or Level 6 or Level 7 with a minimum of 120 UK credits.

shashikaayesh

Nov 20, 2020
Hi Kency,
If you provide your prior learning transcripts such as your Higher National Diploma/ Advanced Diploma as well as your bachelors degree documents WES should evaluate your Bachelor's Degree as equivalent to a 4 years Canadian Bachelor's Degree.

In my case I did a Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND (240 Credits: 2 years) and a 1 year Top Up Degree of 120 credits (University of Sunderland). I provided both BTEC and University of Sunderland documents. My BTEC HND turned out as equivalent to a two years diploma and my top up degree was evaluated as a four year Canadian Bachelor's Degree.

Hope this helps!!!
Hi Prashan,Need your kind advice on below,im planing to complete my studies with one options from below,

1. Complete OTHM Level 7 Qualification (120 Credits) and then complete MBA Top-up 06 Months (60 Credits)- (University of Chichester)

2. 12 Months MBA - University of Bedfordshire (180 Credits)

Pls Click here for both Transcripts- Samples
What's the best option ?

For Canada PR do the only consider post qualifications Experience? Or do they accept pre- qualification experience as well?
Thank you

naweed10

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Prashan,Need your kind advice on below,im planing to complete my studies with one options from below,

1. Complete OTHM Level 7 Qualification (120 Credits) and then complete MBA Top-up 06 Months (60 Credits)- (University of Chichester)

2. 12 Months MBA - University of Bedfordshire (180 Credits)

Pls Click here for both Transcripts- Samples
What's the best option ?

For Canada PR do the only consider post qualifications Experience? Or do they accept pre- qualification experience as well?
Thank you
I do have the same concern as well.
1. If I have an OTHM level 7 plus MBA top from Chichester but don’t have prior qualifications, can they downgrade a UK MBA to a bachelors? I suppose the university gives me entry due to the working experience I possess. Would the fact that I have an MBA as early as 22 be an issue for my skilled migration process?

2. secondly, if I do have the above MBA, at the time of applying, will the work experience for a business development executive be 3 years post qualifying, pre qualifying or overall 3 years is fine? When I say overall I mean, work experience before the MBA, work experience during the MBA and work experience after MBA being counted as minimum 3 years. I believe they ask how many years work experience do you have, and to claim maximum points, it should be minimum 3 years or more. Should this 3 years be post, pre or overall?