+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for UK Top Up Degrees, HND, BCS (HEQ) and UK MBA

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That’s great Mona! Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.

Did you contact OTHM directly for WES? Any contact details or email you can share?
Each and every information is available on the OTHM website. Once you transfer 100 Pounds into their account, they send the digital transcript the same day to WES and WES changes the status on your application the next day stating documents received.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Mona, any thoughts on doing a Level 4 diploma instead of Level 7 as it maybe easier to get through?
Level 4 ECA might say college certificate one year instead of PG diploma one year. The process for Level 4 and Level 7 is the same. Timeline for assignment feedback both internal and external verification will all be the same.

Only difference is, Level 4 the paper will be easy to crack versus the presentation of Level 7 papers. End of the day Level 7 can be topped up to a master's degree in the UK and Level 4 can not be topped up for a masters degree.

To Sum it up - Level 4 should be ok if you need points for 2 or more certificates only, but if you do level 7, you can do a top up with a consultancy project and earn a Master's Degree (with additional 5 months of effort), thus master's degree gives you additional "7CRS" points over and above 2 or more certificates as per the CRS tool.

Reactions: foozist

tadiwa

Sep 24, 2020
my masters is from salford University, UK.
The total credits are 180
Would it be equivalent to Masters degree on WES?
Yumna hi. I'm considering an Msc in IT from Salford University UK, classes delivered by Robert Kennedy College, did you take this one as well? Any challenges with WES on evaluation considering Robert Lennedy is mentioned on the transcript?

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Yumna hi. I'm considering an Msc in IT from Salford University UK, classes delivered by Robert Kennedy College, did you take this one as well? Any challenges with WES on evaluation considering Robert Lennedy is mentioned on the transcript?
Hi, the degree was accepted as masters from WES.
It was online classes.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If its 180 UK credits, it should be a master's ECA. You can also look at various UK centers offering similar Msc degree's at almost half the cost of robert kennedy college in swiss.

abdunav

Sep 27, 2020
Hello!

I'd like to thank you for creating this forum to allow a discussion on this topic as I could hardly find information elsewhere.

I'm based in Dubai, U.A.E. and I've completed my UK degree through distance learning from an institute here in U.A.E.

I did a Level 5 BTEC HND Diploma in Business (QCF) and one year top-up degree program through University of Wolverhampton in UK (BA in Business Management) with distance learning in U.A.E through the same institute.

I have a couple of questions:

1. As these are two separate qualifications, will this be evaluated as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" even though the entire thing took me less than 3 years?

I'm asking as I saw from an earlier post by Prashant that his BTEC HND turned out as equivalent to a two years diploma and his top up degree was evaluated as a four year Canadian Bachelor's Degree. This means that he got evaluated for having two or more certificates as per the CRS score, right?

2. Can you share more information about the 'Required Document' process? Do I need to ask Pearson and University of Wolverhampton to send a copy of the transcript to WES or should it be the institute in U.A.E. sending the required documents?

3. Which approved organization is the best WES/ICAS/CES etc. ?

Thank you for all your help and support. I really appreciate it.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello!

I'd like to thank you for creating this forum to allow a discussion on this topic as I could hardly find information elsewhere.

I'm based in Dubai, U.A.E. and I've completed my UK degree through distance learning from an institute here in U.A.E.

I did a Level 5 BTEC HND Diploma in Business (QCF) and one year top-up degree program through University of Wolverhampton in UK (BA in Business Management) with distance learning in U.A.E through the same institute.

I have a couple of questions:

1. As these are two separate qualifications, will this be evaluated as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" even though the entire thing took me less than 3 years?

I'm asking as I saw from an earlier post by Prashant that his BTEC HND turned out as equivalent to a two years diploma and his top up degree was evaluated as a four year Canadian Bachelor's Degree. This means that he got evaluated for having two or more certificates as per the CRS score, right?

2. Can you share more information about the 'Required Document' process? Do I need to ask Pearson and University of Wolverhampton to send a copy of the transcript to WES or should it be the institute in U.A.E. sending the required documents?

3. Which approved organization is the best WES/ICAS/CES etc. ?

Thank you for all your help and support. I really appreciate it.
Here you go -

Q1 - Depends on UK credits. if your level 5 was 240 UK Credits and your top up degree was 120 UK credits, then your bachelors will get evaluated as a 4 year Canadian degree. And your diploma will get evaluated as 2 year college diploma/certificate.

Depends on what WES writes on your final report in the summary section. Technically you are a bachelors degree holder only, but I think a few members have got away with 2 or certificates points. I think you will be fine go ahead and create your WES account.

Q2 - You need to write emails to Pearson and university of Wolverhampton, ask them the cost for transcripts and process of sending it to WES. If they send the transcripts digitally via gradintel you will save a lot of time. The institute in UAE should not send it, they are not the awarding body. In fact the UAE institute will only ask you for extra fees and act as a middle man.

Q3 - For UK qualifications, WES is the best and the fasted. Do not waste time with CES or ICAS or IQAS.

Bonus tip - In the worst case scenario if you get only 4 years Bachelors degree in the WES report (If they consider only 360 UK credits in total) then you always have an option of doing a Level 7 Diploma (120 UK credits) in about 7 to 8 months time and sending it to WES to gain points for 2 or more certificates in the express entry system.

Waz4uk

Sep 29, 2020
Dear Ms. Mona,
Good day,

I have already verified my MBBS degree from medical council of Canada. My bachelors was 5 years long. Last year, I have completed OTHM level 7 in strategic management and leadership (120 credits) and now i am planning to evaluate this from WES. My question is will they evaluate OTHM Level 7 as Masters equivalent???
And will i be able to use OTHM level 7 as Masters degree when claiming point in PNP points calculations?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Waz4uk

Sep 29, 2020
Here you go -

Q1 - Depends on UK credits. if your level 5 was 240 UK Credits and your top up degree was 120 UK credits, then your bachelors will get evaluated as a 4 year Canadian degree. And your diploma will get evaluated as 2 year college diploma/certificate.

Depends on what WES writes on your final report in the summary section. Technically you are a bachelors degree holder only, but I think a few members have got away with 2 or certificates points. I think you will be fine go ahead and create your WES account.

Q2 - You need to write emails to Pearson and university of Wolverhampton, ask them the cost for transcripts and process of sending it to WES. If they send the transcripts digitally via gradintel you will save a lot of time. The institute in UAE should not send it, they are not the awarding body. In fact the UAE institute will only ask you for extra fees and act as a middle man.

Q3 - For UK qualifications, WES is the best and the fasted. Do not waste time with CES or ICAS or IQAS.

Bonus tip - In the worst case scenario if you get only 4 years Bachelors degree in the WES report (If they consider only 360 UK credits in total) then you always have an option of doing a Level 7 Diploma (120 UK credits) in about 7 to 8 months time and sending it to WES to gain points for 2 or more certificates in the express entry
---‐----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Mona,
Good day,

I have already verified my MBBS degree from medical council of Canada. My bachelors was 5 years long. Last year, I have completed OTHM level 7 in strategic management and leadership (120 credits) and now i am planning to evaluate this from WES. My question is will they evaluate OTHM Level 7 as Masters equivalent???
And will i be able to use OTHM level 7 as Masters degree when claiming point in PNP points calculations?

Thanks

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Ms. Mona,
Good day,

Thanks,
OTHM level 7 in strategic management and leadership will be evaluated as post graduate diploma one year in canada.

It won't get you master's points, but you can claim points for 2 or more certificates.

Your medical degree needs to be evaluated by a ECA body too, like WES or IQAS ( that's my understanding, but since you are a doctor you know better about what needs to be done in case of MBBS)

Waz4uk

Sep 29, 2020
OTHM level 7 in strategic management and leadership will be evaluated as post graduate diploma one year in canada.

It won't get you master's points, but you can claim points for 2 or more certificates.

Your medical degree needs to be evaluated by a ECA body too, like WES or IQAS ( that's my understanding, but since you are a doctor you know better about what needs to be done in case of MBBS)
Dear Ms. Mona,
First, thanks a lot for your time and quick response.
Actually for MBBS degree i already got evaluated from medical council of Canada and they evaluated as Masters degree but i am trying to apply immigration through pnp program using NOC other than physician. I am not clear whether i can claim masters equivalent points by using MBBS as Master qualification when i am choosing random NOC in demand occupation?
Or they will reject my application as my qualification not related to chosen NOC?

Your time and advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Ms. Mona,
First, thanks a lot for your time and quick response.
Actually for MBBS degree i already got evaluated from medical council of Canada and they evaluated as Masters degree but i am trying to apply immigration through pnp program using NOC other than physician. I am not clear whether i can claim masters equivalent points by using MBBS as Master qualification when i am choosing random NOC in demand occupation?
Or they will reject my application as my qualification not related to chosen NOC?

Your time and advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Medical council of canada? Is it accepted by IRCC for immigration purpose? It's not a regulated ECA body!! There are only 7 regulated ECA bodies.

For all your MBBS queries open a new thread, this thread is only for UK education credentials.

Waz4uk

Sep 29, 2020
Medical council of canada? Is it accepted by IRCC for immigration purpose? It's not a regulated ECA body!! There are only 7 regulated ECA bodies.

For all your MBBS queries open a new thread, this thread is only for UK education credentials.
Ahaan ok. Sorry i was not aware about this. Thanks again.

susal

Oct 2, 2020
@prashanfernando I have a WES validated Business Administration Bachelor's Degree (three years) credential. Planning to do the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management (120 credits). My question is will I be able to claim the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" for CRS points?
Hi, can I know if you were able to claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" and gain recognition as 1-year Canadian college equivalency with the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management?