FSW
NOC Code......

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have completed Level 7 Diploma in Executive Management from Qualifi, UK from UAE. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I do not have my Bachelors degree with me, and trying to obtain that can take me many many months. I wanted to know if WES would evaluate my Level 7 Diploma alone without submitting any prior education documents?
WES will evaluate each educational credential on the basis of what it is equivalent to in Canada. Your Level 7 will get evaluated irrespective of you giving your bachelors or not.

However for express entry you will need ECA of both your bachelor's and Level 7 to claim points. Hope this clarifies all your doubts.

Sep 15, 2020
Hi
I am planning on doing Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Business Strategy (regulated by Ofqual)- 120 credits. I would like to inquire if this would be evaluated as a 1 year PG diploma according to WES standards?

Thanks a lot in advance.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
I am planning on doing Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Business Strategy (regulated by Ofqual)- 120 credits. I would like to inquire if this would be evaluated as a 1 year PG diploma according to WES standards?

Thanks a lot in advance.
General thumb rule is your 120 UK credits will translate into one year PG Diploma in Canada, However you need to do some research if Canada has a diploma in the similar specialization. For example if you choose a 120 UK credits course in finance & accounting or strategic financial management etc, these courses are available in Canada too thus its a sure shot your ECA will show one year PG diploma. In your case business strategy is the specialization so you need to do some research about the same.

Sep 15, 2020
General thumb rule is your 120 UK credits will translate into one year PG Diploma in Canada, However you need to do some research if Canada has a diploma in the similar specialization. For example if you choose a 120 UK credits course in finance & accounting or strategic financial management etc, these courses are available in Canada too thus its a sure shot your ECA will show one year PG diploma. In your case business strategy is the specialization so you need to do some research about the same.
Thanks for your reply. Would you be able to advise me on where/ whom I could confirm this with?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply. Would you be able to advise me on where/ whom I could confirm this with?
You can't confirm with anyone.. if that was possible why would people wait for months and try their luck with WES !!

You can only ask folks in this forum with experience and your post is in the perfect thread!!

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, the below subjects are what come under the course of Business Strategy. Is it similar to strategic management and leadership? Would this help in identifying whether WES would make a similar evaluation as they would if I did a PG diploma in strategic management and leadership?

Units that come under Level 7 PG diploma in Business strategy:

1. Research methods
2. Development as a strategic manager
3. Strategic marketing
4. Finance for managers
5. Strategic direction
6. Strategic planning
7. Creative and innovative management
8. Managing corporate responsibility in the wider business environment.

ALL THESE SUBJECTS TOTAL TO 120 CREDITS.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, the below subjects are what come under the course of Business Strategy. Is it similar to strategic management and leadership? Would this help in identifying whether WES would make a similar evaluation as they would if I did a PG diploma in strategic management and leadership?

Units that come under Level 7 PG diploma in Business strategy:

1. Research methods
2. Development as a strategic manager
3. Strategic marketing
4. Finance for managers
5. Strategic direction
6. Strategic planning
7. Creative and innovative management
8. Managing corporate responsibility in the wider business environment.

ALL THESE SUBJECTS TOTAL TO 120 CREDITS.
To be honest, this is a new course/program. I doubt anyone has sent this to WES till date. Level 7 strategic management and leadership is definitely considered as 1 year PG diploma in Canada.

If you ask my personal opinion, its a task to complete 6 units itself, Level 7 is not a cake walk diploma. This Qualifi qualification that you are talking about has 8 units which only makes it more time consuming to crack.
Honestly, I think and assume it will go through and WES result will be similar to strategic management and leadership but this one will be only more time consuming to complete.

foozist

Sep 15, 2020
Hi All,

For those of you looking for a course to add extra points under the "2 or more degrees option", here's one option:
https://www.othm.org.uk/othm-level-7-diploma-in-accounting-and-finance.html

The provider has other courses you can choose from as well, however, this course in particular has been by recognized by WES Canada as 1 year PG diploma; going by my discussions with some members on this forum. This is a Level 7 Diploma and almost equal to RQF level 7 in the UK. Please note that this isn't an easy course, and will require significant time and effort.

Best of luck!

lubnamak

Sep 18, 2020
https://www.othm.org.uk/othm-level-7-diploma-in-strategic-management-and-leadership.html

Hi, How about Level 7 in Strategic Management and leadership? Ive read above that this is recognised.

QUOTE="foozist, post: 8858176, member: 1001388"]
Hi All,

For those of you looking for a course to add extra points under the "2 or more degrees option", here's one option:
https://www.othm.org.uk/othm-level-7-diploma-in-accounting-and-finance.html

The provider has other courses you can choose from as well, however, this course in particular has been by recognized by WES Canada as 1 year PG diploma; going by my discussions with some members on this forum. This is a Level 7 Diploma and almost equal to RQF level 7 in the UK. Please note that this isn't an easy course, and will require significant time and effort.

Best of luck!
[/QUOTE]

lubnamak

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Mona,

I have already done WES Evaluation for my bachelors degree and it was recognised as 4 years BBA in Canadian equivalency. To increase my CRS score I am now planning to do OTHM Level 7 strategic management and leadership which is 120 credits. Will this be recognised as a one year PG diploma?

https://www.othm.org.uk/othm-level-7-diploma-in-strategic-management-and-leadership.html

To be honest, this is a new course/program. I doubt anyone has sent this to WES till date. Level 7 strategic management and leadership is definitely considered as 1 year PG diploma in Canada.

If you ask my personal opinion, its a task to complete 6 units itself, Level 7 is not a cake walk diploma. This Qualifi qualification that you are talking about has 8 units which only makes it more time consuming to crack.
Honestly, I think and assume it will go through and WES result will be similar to strategic management and leadership but this one will be only more time consuming to complete.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Mona,

I have already done WES Evaluation for my bachelors degree and it was recognised as 4 years BBA in Canadian equivalency. To increase my CRS score I am now planning to do OTHM Level 7 strategic management and leadership which is 120 credits. Will this be recognised as a one year PG diploma?

OTHM Level 7 strategic management and leadership which is 120 UK credits is recognized by WES as 1 year PG diploma in Canada.

However a word of caution, this program is not a cake walk. Most centers advertise this course can be completed in a fast track mode in 6 months but that is never the case.

All Level 7 Diploma's from OTHM or QUALIFI or ATHE are all the same story. You learning center needs to provide your excellent tutor support and learning materials in order to complete the course with 8 to 10 months. In addition due to pandemic situation in the UK, everything is slow, feedbacks are slow, internal and external assignment verifications are slow!!! and last but not the least the certificate issuance process is dead slow too..

Keep realistic timelines in your mind and go ahead and apply for the program, do not expect short term miracles to happen!!
ALL THE BEST

lubnamak

Sep 18, 2020
OTHM Level 7 strategic management and leadership which is 120 UK credits is recognized by WES as 1 year PG diploma in Canada.

However a word of caution, this program is not a cake walk. Most centers advertise this course can be completed in a fast track mode in 6 months but that is never the case.

All Level 7 Diploma's from OTHM or QUALIFI or ATHE are all the same story. You learning center needs to provide your excellent tutor support and learning materials in order to complete the course with 8 to 10 months. In addition due to pandemic situation in the UK, everything is slow, feedbacks are slow, internal and external assignment verifications are slow!!! and last but not the least the certificate issuance process is dead slow too..

Keep realistic timelines in your mind and go ahead and apply for the program, do not expect short term miracles to happen!!
ALL THE BEST
Thank you Mona for such a quick response to my query. Yes, you're right. The centre I was looking at advertise that this can be completed within 6 months but I've come to realise its not that easy. They told me they can get the certificate and transcripts issued within 2-3 weeks. Not sure if that is a realistic timeline.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you Mona for such a quick response to my query. Yes, you're right. The center I was looking at advertise that this can be completed within 6 months but I've come to realise its not that easy. They told me they can get the certificate and transcripts issued within 2-3 weeks. Not sure if that is a realistic timeline.
Not at all true !! My certificate got issued after 1.5 months, during the pandemic its not easy for OTHM external verification process to be done swiftly. After repeated escalation emails to my center and OTHM, the process started moving swiftly. Had I not done the escalations the process would have easily taken close to 3 months.

The only silver lining is that OTHM uses gradintel to send the transcript to WES. Its a digital way to sending transcripts and OTHM charges a very high fee to 100 Pounds for this service. Since WES accepts digital transcripts from OTHM, the processing time of the entire evaluation is under 20 working days even during the pandemic.

Hope this information helps all users on the forum !! All The Best!!

lubnamak

Sep 18, 2020
Not at all true !! My certificate got issued after 1.5 months, during the pandemic its not easy for OTHM external verification process to be done swiftly. After repeated escalation emails to my center and OTHM, the process started moving swiftly. Had I not done the escalations the process would have easily taken close to 3 months.

The only silver lining is that OTHM uses gradintel to send the transcript to WES. Its a digital way to sending transcripts and OTHM charges a very high fee to 100 Pounds for this service. Since WES accepts digital transcripts from OTHM, the processing time of the entire evaluation is under 20 working days even during the pandemic.

Hope this information helps all users on the forum !! All The Best!!
That’s great Mona! Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.

Did you contact OTHM directly for WES? Any contact details or email you can share?